Singapore Expats

Curly hair distress call -- Stylist? Keratin?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
kezza66

Curly hair distress call -- Stylist? Keratin?

Post by kezza66 » Mon, 11 Apr 2011 5:22 pm

Hi all-
I'm relatively new to Singapore and my very curly hair is not happy here... Can anyone recommend a stylist who REALLY knows curly hair and how to cut it so it works better in this weather?

I'm also considering a keratin treatment. Never done it before. Any recommendations on the BEST place to have it done? I'm also wondering if it really does the trick for hair with a lot of curl?

Many thanks for any advice!!

holly_sarah07

Post by holly_sarah07 » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 1:51 pm

I'm not sure stylist wise but I would definitely recommend getting a keratin treatment. I've had it done twice here and its been a saviour, I'd suggest you just do a google search for places that do it, more and more salons are picking it up now. There's a lot of different versions of the product so just make sure u know what you're getting. There's plenty of reviews and before and afters on the net so that should answer whether it'll work for your hair =) How tight your curls are will define how straight it goes, but either way it should manage frizz really well.

Cheers!

kezza66

Post by kezza66 » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 10:18 pm

hi holly-
good to hear! would love to know where you've had it done if you've had a good experience there?

holly_sarah07

Post by holly_sarah07 » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 11:19 pm

I had it done at le papillon. They might still offer 15% off for first time customers. I've been really happy with the result but at the same time felt like the stylist was always rushing me out the door and was usually working on a few clients at once (this was usually after work...there might be quieter times). I go to jeric in ION now to get my hair cut/coloured and really love the service there =) They have their own version of the keratin treatment, not sure what its like but might be worth checking out :)