Singapore Expats

Tokai Clinic (Thailand)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
promiseddd

Post by promiseddd » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 10:26 am

ahappycamper wrote:
promiseddd wrote:Hi !!

Anyone gooing to tokai next month? I'm getting cheek implants and jaw augmentation. Can I ask if anyone has done either of the surgeries and how bad the bruising is? I don't want any trouble passing immigrations. Has anyone had any problems at the airports?
The swelling for cheek implants is really really bad. I had cheek implants(malar) and tear troughs on the 16th of March, and I am still swollen enough for my parents to tell. I guess people who don't know me would not think I'm swollen but I'm sure they would think that I had cheeks that were way too large. The swelling for cheeks is pretty much the whole middle part of your face, your eyes will look squinty because the swelling is pushing up your lower eyelids and your nose will look insanely piggy. Even to this day my nose and nostrils feel really really numb and sometimes I think I have snot coming out of my nose even though there isn't any. Upper lip from the intraoral incision is still numb. Be prepared for a wretched recovery time, and that's ONLY the cheek implants.
Because.....

I heard the swelilng for jaw implants is much worse than cheek implants. If I were you, I would not "rush" getting back home because chances are you will look like a freak for quite a while, unless of course you are okay with looking like a freak at the airport. I went home at about the 2.5 week of my cheek implants and while I did have visible swelling to myself, nobody gave me trouble.

Bruising for me was not such an issue. Biggest problems I Had were with the swelling.

happycamper, thanks a bunch for sharing your experience.
phew, i was actually going to rush into this, but your feedback has given me good perspective. phew. at 2 weeks, did you still look really different because of the swelling? :(

also, did you do your surgery with Dr Pat? What's he like? And anything you're unhappy with your results?

oh yeah - also, can i just ask which hotel you stayed at? I'm loooking for something cheap if i'm going to stay 2.5 weeks as well.

Thanks, I really appreciate this. (if you don't mind, cld you pm me your msn or something? I'm still too noob to send msgs)!!

turnerdhr
Regular
Regular

Post by turnerdhr » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 4:58 pm

promiseddd wrote:
ahappycamper wrote:

Anyone gooing to tokai next month? I'm getting cheek implants and jaw augmentation. Can I ask if anyone has done either of the surgeries and how bad the bruising is? I don't want any trouble passing immigrations. Has anyone had any problems at the airports?
The swelling for cheek implants is really really bad. I had cheek implants(malar) and tear troughs on the 16th of March, and I am still swollen enough for my parents to tell. I guess people who don't know me would not think I'm swollen but I'm sure they would think that I had cheeks that were way too large. The swelling for cheeks is pretty much the whole middle part of your face, your eyes will look squinty because the swelling is pushing up your lower eyelids and your nose will look insanely piggy. Even to this day my nose and nostrils feel really really numb and sometimes I think I have snot coming out of my nose even though there isn't any. Upper lip from the intraoral incision is still numb. Be prepared for a wretched recovery time, and that's ONLY the cheek implants.
Because.....

I heard the swelilng for jaw implants is much worse than cheek implants. If I were you, I would not "rush" getting back home because chances are you will look like a freak for quite a while, unless of course you are okay with looking like a freak at the airport. I went home at about the 2.5 week of my cheek implants and while I did have visible swelling to myself, nobody gave me trouble.

Bruising for me was not such an issue. Biggest problems I Had were with the swelling.

phew, i was actually going to rush into this, but your feedback has given me good perspective. phew. at 2 weeks, did you still look really different because of the swelling? :(

also, did you do your surgery with Dr Pat? What's he like? And anything you're unhappy with your results?

oh yeah - also, can i just ask which hotel you stayed at? I'm loooking for something cheap if i'm going to stay 2.5 weeks as well.

Thanks, I really appreciate this. (if you don't mind, cld you pm me your msn or something? I'm still too noob to send msgs)!!
i know people from forum who went home on same day after cheek implants from Dr. Pat... first flight in and last flight out....

swelling is bad but that is because ALL intraoral surgeries swell like hell....

cheek, jaw is intraoral... sometimes chin too if done by intraoral...

lips numb is normal because of the incisions inside mouth.....

but nose should not be affected if no rhino is performed....
"Botox anyone?"

ahappycamper
Regular
Regular

Post by ahappycamper » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 5:48 am

promiseddd wrote:
ahappycamper wrote:

Because.....

At 2 weeks I still looked very different. Not enough to scare strangers away, people who I had never seen before. But different enough for my parents to notice RIGHT AWAY that I had some "problem". As soon as my mom saw me(even when I was wearing huge sunglasses to conceal a LOT of the swelling) she started panicking and asking me what happened, etc. I still don't like the way I look right now with the swelling and my parents still annoy me about it. My brother, who noticed my nose job right away as soon as he saw me, did not comment on my swelling, leading me to believe that he doesn't notice anything different, but for me and my parents, we can still both tell that I'm swollen.

I did not do my surgery with Dr. Pat. I did it with Dr. Chi because of the price, and because I have heard some not so great things about Dr. Pat on this forum. So far regarding my results it's still too hard to tell whether or not it's a good result, but Dr. Chi did everything that I asked of him. He used the implants that I asked him to use, of course he would give his "suggestions" but he still obliged to my request. For example, for the tear troughs, he originally wanted to just give me a size S but I opted for a size L instead. He also let me "refine" the placing of the implants before we went into the surgical room, like he let me move the implants more medial than what he originally had in mind. Basically I already have an idea of what I needed and how I needed it to be placed and I really only needed somebody with great technical and medical skill to get them in.

I stayed at three hotels in total but it was for Dr. Chi, did you still want to know them?

Also, remember to note that I did have size L tear trough implants and size XL malar implants and screws to place them all in, so that is maybe why I swelled up so badly, however, based on what I have heard from others, cheek implants alone are not walk in the park, and jaw implants are especially considered to be just as bad, if not worse than cheek implant swelling.

And if you want to board the plane the same day after surgery, make sure you absolutely have soft foods and drinks to eat on for a while because chewing food will hurt, and if oyu do chew food while your stitches are still "fresh" then a lot of the food will get caught in the stitches and it will just not be very pleasant overall.

I send you a PM right now.

promiseddd

Post by promiseddd » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 8:11 pm

thanks for your response! wow, it must have been really hard on you on your road to recovery.

Is your swelling much better now? Yeah, I suppose it had something to do with the size of the implants you chose! The swelling is probably just happening around it so it looks a bit worse than it should!!

I've added you on msn :) God speed!! Speedy recovery.

Take care!!

turnerdhr
Regular
Regular

Post by turnerdhr » Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:09 pm

ahappycamper wrote:
promiseddd wrote:
ahappycamper wrote: The swelling for cheek implants is really really bad. I had cheek implants(malar) and tear troughs on the 16th of March, and I am still swollen enough for my parents to tell. I guess people who don't know me would not think I'm swollen but I'm sure they would think that I had cheeks that were way too large. The swelling for cheeks is pretty much the whole middle part of your face, your eyes will look squinty because the swelling is pushing up your lower eyelids and your nose will look insanely piggy. Even to this day my nose and nostrils feel really really numb and sometimes I think I have snot coming out of my nose even though there isn't any. Upper lip from the intraoral incision is still numb. Be prepared for a wretched recovery time, and that's ONLY the cheek implants.
Because.....

At 2 weeks I still looked very different. Not enough to scare strangers away, people who I had never seen before. But different enough for my parents to notice RIGHT AWAY that I had some "problem". As soon as my mom saw me(even when I was wearing huge sunglasses to conceal a LOT of the swelling) she started panicking and asking me what happened, etc. I still don't like the way I look right now with the swelling and my parents still annoy me about it. My brother, who noticed my nose job right away as soon as he saw me, did not comment on my swelling, leading me to believe that he doesn't notice anything different, but for me and my parents, we can still both tell that I'm swollen.

I did not do my surgery with Dr. Pat. I did it with Dr. Chi because of the price, and because I have heard some not so great things about Dr. Pat on this forum. So far regarding my results it's still too hard to tell whether or not it's a good result, but Dr. Chi did everything that I asked of him. He used the implants that I asked him to use, of course he would give his "suggestions" but he still obliged to my request. For example, for the tear troughs, he originally wanted to just give me a size S but I opted for a size L instead. He also let me "refine" the placing of the implants before we went into the surgical room, like he let me move the implants more medial than what he originally had in mind. Basically I already have an idea of what I needed and how I needed it to be placed and I really only needed somebody with great technical and medical skill to get them in.

I stayed at three hotels in total but it was for Dr. Chi, did you still want to know them?

Also, remember to note that I did have size L tear trough implants and size XL malar implants and screws to place them all in, so that is maybe why I swelled up so badly, however, based on what I have heard from others, cheek implants alone are not walk in the park, and jaw implants are especially considered to be just as bad, if not worse than cheek implant swelling.

And if you want to board the plane the same day after surgery, make sure you absolutely have soft foods and drinks to eat on for a while because chewing food will hurt, and if oyu do chew food while your stitches are still "fresh" then a lot of the food will get caught in the stitches and it will just not be very pleasant overall.

I send you a PM right now.
all intraoral procedures will have severe swelling but it will eventually subside and you will look GREAT. 6 months is a good time frame....
"Botox anyone?"

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Sat, 16 Apr 2011 7:54 am

ahappycamper, have a good recovery, update us soon with before and after pictures if you can :) take care.

promiseddd

Post by promiseddd » Sun, 01 May 2011 10:01 am

well .. i've booked my appointment to see dr pat in june. really excited about it, but kinda nervous too i guess. luckily i have this website to refer to. haha. :)

I'm getting jaw implants and cheek implants. can i please ask advaark what his experience with dr pat was like when he got his jaw implants?

thank you thank you :)

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Sun, 01 May 2011 2:04 pm

my cousin is back from chin implant, nose implant revison and breast job with dr pat.. shes very happy :) just to let you guys know the latest news about him. she raved him alot.

dr pat was taking photos when he saw her file, that she did epicanthoplasty... he was shocked.. he say " you, epicantho? " then he say "very good, no scar"

Haha, he was like admiring his own work! theres no scar and its very natural and nice.

volatile_koala

Post by volatile_koala » Sun, 15 May 2011 3:25 am

My sister and I both had our BA's done with Dr. Pat and he did an amazing job. Since, I've recommended a few women to him and they've all been happy with the results.

After having the BA I decided to get a nose job, since I had a huge hump on my nose. Nose was the most painful experience of my life since he had to cut the bone or cartilage of the hump to reduce the hump. I've got before and after pics up on my blog for anyone that is curious about the results. I must say, its very scary messing around with your nose since it's the center of your face! I am happy with my results though.. if anyone wants to see the before and after pics I've got em up on my bloghttp://addicted-2-beauty.blogspot.com/p ... rgery.html

it's not perfect but its far better than it was before... if you have any questions or comments please let me know. Also I live in Bangkok, so if anyone has any questions I could help with, let me know.

mandeline Yap

Post by mandeline Yap » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:41 pm

leggybabe wrote:Post Operation
As everyone else, my swelling is at maximum on Day 2 and Day 3.
The hotel I stayed is family run and I am grateful for their genuine care. They prepared porridge and send it to my room every morning and gave me the privacy I needed during the crucial healing period. I took sineech faithfully and must say it really works for me. 70percent of the bruise faded off on day 4. Sineech is really good. However for my left eye, it seems there are more internal bleeding which I am really concerned as the build up pressure in the eye may cause blindness.
I went back to Dr Pat to let him see the eye and the feeling I received is like he is brushing me off by saying' that's ok, no problem!' he gave me more medication without any explanation.

Thanks to the previous sharing by many people who has gone thru the knife, I manage my post operation well. I am grateful for many people who share
as there were little support from dr. Pat.
It seems his favorite words are 'No problem' even when there are complications on the left eye. Bee was the one who insisted Dr Pat to take a
second look at my bloodshot eye

Today is day 11 and I removed my stitches yesterday.
I told Dr Pat that I dont like my nose, the bridge is not defined and is definately different from the one I chose.
However, he insisted it is nice. I gave up talking

I am not too sure how to post pictures here but if u guys like to see the
photos, can drop me an email at [email protected]

Based on objective point of view, below is my rating for Dr Pat

Pre-op support: 2/5
Cleanliness of clinic: 5/5
Nurses: 4/5
Post-op support: 1/5
Effect on facial enhancement: 3/5 ( I must stress that he do according to what he like, not what patients requested)

Hi leggybabe, I need to get your advice if I want to do epi+ chin implant. Do you think Dr Pat skillful enough to do? I'm so scare he will fail the PS, then my whole life ruin....
Myap

spongebabe

Post by spongebabe » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 12:08 am

hi guys im going to bangkok on january 21-30 2012. Reading your comments, I think its quite favorable to go to dr Pat. But actually my first choice is Yoskarn clinic with dr. Somyos k. Im interested to do revision rhino, eyebag removal & chin implant. Yoskarn quoted me around9t in all procedures which i think is quite a bomb but if it looks good its fine with me.

However its just tempting to try other clinics especially if their prices are low and the doctor is quite competitive. Who doesnt want to save money on ps at the end of the day anyweis everyone does except if your a millionaire prices do not mean anything to you.

So guys anyone going on the same date w dr pat? I havent paid deposit cuz im still thinking whether should I go to dr pat pr sr somyos? dr pat's quote is actually cheap 6t sgd including breast implants already.

travis7777

Might be trying Tokai Clinic

Post by travis7777 » Sun, 01 Jan 2012 1:10 am

Hi peeps I am considering of giving Tokai Clinic a go for my revision rhinoplasty and chin implants. It will be greatly appreciated for those who have experience from Tokai Clinic to share their stories and preferably some pictures as well. My only experience is with Yanhee and so far I find that it is not really a good hospital for cosmetic surgery.

spongebabe

Post by spongebabe » Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:27 pm

bumping up this post im going to tokai clinic jan 21 til feb 1 .. im getting nervous a bit now cuz ill be in tokai by next week to get the procedures done.

im getting chin aug, eyebag removal, revision rhino and otoplasty. hope dr pat can do a good job. (shivers lolz). If anyone is going at that same time w me maybe youd like to share a room since ill be traveling alone. I dont want to bring anyone I know since I know idlook horrible after the procedure i dont want them to see me like beaten up hehe.

spongebabe

Re: Might be trying Tokai Clinic

Post by spongebabe » Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:30 pm

ill tell you my story probably by feb hehe. Im off to tokai next week. Just heard them from internet so Id try them. Originally, I was going to Yoskarn but the price costs a bomb. So I email tokai and theyre far more cheap.

travis7777 wrote:Hi peeps I am considering of giving Tokai Clinic a go for my revision rhinoplasty and chin implants. It will be greatly appreciated for those who have experience from Tokai Clinic to share their stories and preferably some pictures as well. My only experience is with Yanhee and so far I find that it is not really a good hospital for cosmetic surgery.

spongebabe

Post by spongebabe » Tue, 24 Jan 2012 8:44 pm

hi guys just want to share my Tokai experience, i went to dr pat yesterday already, im on day 2 recovery time today. I did eyebag removal, otoplasty and chin aug. Im suppose to do revision rhino but I have a bit of cough and sore throat and a bit of phlegm comes out every morning but the rest of the day nothing. I tried googling if its safe to do revision rhino if you have cough and google says its not since theres bacteria on the throat so better not do it since it will cause infection in the nose if i get a rhino.

So yesterday 10am I met dr pat, I saw his photo on the internet, he looks young on the photo but upon meeting him hes liek aguy in his late 50s or maybe early 60s. Which I think is great, the older the surgeon is, the more experienced he is. I had my 1st rhinoplasty 4 years ago and the doctor I went thru was very young shes like in her mid 30s or late 30s which I think she still lacks experienced which I should've known since it shows how ugly the nose she have done to me and she even revised it but it still looks fake and ugly. So talking w dr pat, i asked him if he can do rhino to me even thou I have cough, I was trying to test him if he will go ahead and do it or not, so he checked my throat he said i should postpone it cuz I have cough and phlegm. Hearing this I thought hes just not after the money, hes also concerned about the patient which gained my respect for him doing that and made me have more confident in doing the surgery with him.

So there I waited in the 3rd floor of the clinic till 3pm I think. When you see the reception lobby theres no people, but when you go upstairs you can see a lot women, asian women caucasians, transsexuals, getting their procedures in the surgery room. some are recovering in some rooms just resting in bed with their green lab gown. When it was my turn I wasnt really scared since I did my nose before I know how the thing goes already, but if maybe if its my first time to get surgery Id be scared as hell. I was also praying that I wont wake up during the surgery, greatfully I didnt wake up. Before I was put to sleep the last thing I remember dr pat was like drawing a line under my chin and he has this ruler measuring it and in less than a minute I feel asleed and I felt absolutely nothing. The nurse said the procedure took 2 and a half hours. When I woke up I heard them saying its finished its finished. Then lyin down on the bed they took me on the room where I stayed for 1 night. I think if youll do multiple procedures better for you to sleep there for 1 night. I asked dr pat before if i can sleep there after the surgery he said yes but only for a night.

After the surgery the chin implant felt like nothing no pain, its the ears thats painful its like someone is pinching your ears constantly, til now its painful but the chin its like I never did it theres just no pain til now. The eyebag removal my lower eyelids are still swollen, theres some blood on my left eye tho not painful.

The next morning I decided to go back to my hotel. Dr pat went in our room around 11am he checked me and also another lady who got a boob job which I shared the room with. I asked him when I can get the stitches removed he said on Sunday after that he left. Hes a busy man. I stayed on Sananwan Palace thanks to the guy who recommended it here. But on my first day in bangkok I stayed in Romance Inn the on dr pat told me where I can stay. He said its near the clinic its cheap but the service is not so good. When I stayed there its like more of a motel not an inn hehe. I wont complain about the place but one thing that would make you move out of that place is theres no food. No resto. I think its just a place where people sleep overnight. Not a place to stay for long term.

So before I left the clinic, the nurse there cleaned my ears, blood dripped on my left side which made me panicked a bit since im really afraid of blood hehe. But it was fine. The staff are quite caring. So far, seeing my face in the mirror, my ears are quite pinned down, I love the chin though its still swelling but it looks good already. The eyebags the right side is almost swelling down, I still cant tell how will it look like. So far, maybe after a week I can tell how the results will be will it be good or bad. Overall so far, I feel dr Pat and his staff did a great job. ;)