Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Wilson12

Post by Wilson12 » Sat, 09 Apr 2011 6:43 pm

galwithawand wrote:
Wilson12 wrote: hello, I'm new here. you were saying the ears flapping out? one side of my ear is actually flapping out while the other isn't. And then regarding the skin check, how flawless the face has to be? cause you were saying that they use spot lights right? cause i have lots of blackheads on my nose. But other than that my face is generally fair. Furthermore, during the skin check, did you put any make up on your face? and if you did, did they ask you to wash off your make up?
Ya, I agree with Clemation. Before the interview I was also obsessed with my imperfections like I got protruding front teeth, I have pimples, I have birthmarks on my forearm, etc etc. But throughout the interview, none of them even got pointed out or scrutinized by anyone. You do not have to be flawless; this is not a superhuman competition. You just have to go there and present yourself with confidence and speak well. That's the thing they look at the most.
And nope, I did not put on makeup but most girls did. And you are not required to wash it off. You will only be asked to remove makeup when you applied it to intentionally cover up something more complicated(e.g. slit marks on wrists)
i see. thanks for the encouragement! for guys(i mean a male) who want to join he must finish army first right?

Clemation

Post by Clemation » Sat, 09 Apr 2011 9:46 pm

Wilson12, i didn't mean to be offensive but is that even a question. Obviously you have to complete full time ns before you can start a career path with SIA. But you can go for the walk-in when you are about to complete your service. Galwithawand, hopefully we can be batch mates. :)

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Sat, 09 Apr 2011 11:41 pm

Clemation wrote:Galwithawand, hopefully we can be batch mates. :)
ahh, I dont think so. I can neither start in the Apr nor May batch. I am only available much later
drop me a PM when u get Mary's call (:

Clemation

Post by Clemation » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 12:08 am

Yeah sure. I am eager to get her call on Monday as that was what she claimed after my management round. I have to make a trip personally to SIA training centre to submit copies of my COS. How's your medical? I supposed everything should be fine.

yoodee

May recruitment

Post by yoodee » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 3:07 pm

Interviews will be conducted on 28 May 2011 (Saturday) at:

Suntec Singapore
International Convention & Exhibition Centre
Level 3, Meeting Rooms 303-305
1 Raffles Boulevard, Suntec City
Singapore 039593

tienchin

Re: May recruitment

Post by tienchin » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 10:46 pm

yoodee wrote:Interviews will be conducted on 28 May 2011 (Saturday) at:

Suntec Singapore
International Convention & Exhibition Centre
Level 3, Meeting Rooms 303-305
1 Raffles Boulevard, Suntec City
Singapore 039593
for male interviees, do we need to bring our national service COS?
i misplaced it..!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 11 Apr 2011 3:07 am

Clemation wrote: I have to make a trip personally to SIA training centre to submit copies of my COS.
You will need it before you were formerly accepted by SIA and most big organisation in SIN to prove that you had completed NS.

Clemation

Post by Clemation » Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:11 pm

Yea of course. Just waiting for her call to fix a date with me to bring it down.

Clemation

Post by Clemation » Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:39 pm

Galwithawand, I received her email today. I am going down tmr to submit my remaining documents. :)

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Mon, 11 Apr 2011 7:11 pm

Clemation wrote:Yeah sure. I am eager to get her call on Monday as that was what she claimed after my management round. I have to make a trip personally to SIA training centre to submit copies of my COS. How's your medical? I supposed everything should be fine.
Okay.. No one told me anything after management. They only said go home and wait for call. One of my friends got the call this morning though (:
Medical went well I think. Doctor did not point out any abnormalities so I'm hoping that means nothing's wrong with me. Do you know if there are any more reasons for kicking me out at this stage other than me failing my medical?

Clemation

Post by Clemation » Mon, 11 Apr 2011 8:40 pm

Fret not. If your medical goes well, most likely you sealed the job. It's just probably your availabilty date is still far from assessment hence you will get your call later. As long as you did not receive any rejection letter, you have no worries to probe about. Cheers

hweechi1011

Newbie wor

Post by hweechi1011 » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 1:01 am

hello everyone am a newbie here n i just joined the SQ family.Was selected during the 19th feb interview 2011 n i would like to share with you some of the pics that i took during my training.just started training last thurs and so far things have been good. :D just went for the grooming class on the 3rd day of my training (refer to the pic below) and the thick notes (refer pic) :???: ...so feel free to ask me questions.will try to answer as many as possible
Last edited by hweechi1011 on Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hweechi1011

Post by hweechi1011 » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 1:18 am

Clemation wrote:Galwithawand, I received her email today. I am going down tmr to submit my remaining documents. :)
Congrats Clemation.Welcome to the SQ family! :)

hweechi1011

Post by hweechi1011 » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 1:25 am

poshie90 wrote:Anybody ever seen girls with some pitted scars got through? Are the chances very very slim?
And what discussion topic given during management round?
poshie90..pitted scars r quite difficult to conceal but i suggest u go to cosmoprof and buy this particular foundation:krayolan which is used for ms universe pageants and tv shows (if ure really wanting this job that is)..most importantly is not to let those beauticians see those scars (depends alot on luck i guess)...all the best!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 6:00 am

galwithawand wrote: Do you know if there are any more reasons for kicking me out at this stage other than me failing my medical?
Not to frighten you, the last step is the Security clearance from the Police. If you are clean you are clean so nothing to be worried of :wink: