Singapore Expats

MOVING STUFF FROM fRANCE TO SINGAPORE

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

MOVING STUFF FROM fRANCE TO SINGAPORE

Post by Allibert » Sat, 09 Apr 2011 12:31 am

Anyone have any connections to et one pair of speakers transported from France to Singapore. So far the lowest quote obtained in France was EUR 450 for transport.

Anybody have anything lower?

Thanks,
alan

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Sat, 09 Apr 2011 2:58 pm

If they fit the size/weight restrictions, send them as a normal parcel from your post office. That is almost always the cheapest option!

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

Thanks

Post by Allibert » Sat, 09 Apr 2011 9:03 pm

beppi wrote:If they fit the size/weight restrictions, send them as a normal parcel from your post office. That is almost always the cheapest option!
Thanks but they're quite high value speakers and I wanted them to work when they get here and was hoping to get something in the range of EUR 100-150

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Thanks

Post by JR8 » Sat, 09 Apr 2011 9:33 pm

Allibert wrote:
beppi wrote:If they fit the size/weight restrictions, send them as a normal parcel from your post office. That is almost always the cheapest option!
Thanks but they're quite high value speakers and I wanted them to work when they get here and was hoping to get something in the range of EUR 100-150
Another option is to box up yourself, and then take yourself to an airline cargo-depot to freight. I.e. it is the door-to-door at either end that tends to cost $$

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Thanks

Post by Allibert » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 7:48 am

I don;t actually own them. I was intending to buy them there (the price is very reasonable) and have them sent here but am finding the trsnport quotation a bit high