Singapore Expats

Help! Neighbor refuses to move shoes from corridor...

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Yukari Sakamoto

Help! Neighbor refuses to move shoes from corridor...

Post by Yukari Sakamoto » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 9:39 pm

sjdfkl
Last edited by Yukari Sakamoto on Fri, 08 Apr 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alex3

Post by Alex3 » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 10:25 pm

The Singapore Civil Defence Force are still engaged recovering bodies along the Japanese Coastal areas as a result of the recent Tsunami.

Why not get a rubbish bag, collect up the offending shoes and burn them your self? This way you save the Singapore Civil Defence force a job and at the same time prove your point to your neighbour about the fire hazard.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 10:58 pm

If you haven't noticed, everybody keeps their footwear outside in the corridor. That the way it's done in Singapore. I think you will have to just get used to it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 11:25 pm

take the passive aggressive approach and mess with their heads? scatter their shoes, make sure matching pairs are away from each other. sure, it's juvenile and infantile....but hey, you get even, right? :twisted:
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 08 Apr 2011 12:38 am

nakatago wrote:take the passive aggressive approach and mess with their heads? scatter their shoes, make sure matching pairs are away from each other. sure, it's juvenile and infantile....but hey, you get even, right? :twisted:
Yah. Throw one or two out, not pairs, just single ones.

ev-disinfection
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ev-disinfection » Fri, 08 Apr 2011 1:13 am

Or go buy some filthy second hand shoes, and put all over on your side too.

Hmmmmm............. your neighbour must have just read my other post, in which i had said.... "not bring the footwear worn outside, into the home".

:D

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Fri, 08 Apr 2011 10:20 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you haven't noticed, everybody keeps their footwear outside in the corridor. That the way it's done in Singapore. I think you will have to just get used to it.
Exactly, seems a very petty thing to be complaining about to me

melren

Post by melren » Fri, 08 Apr 2011 10:36 am

JayCee wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you haven't noticed, everybody keeps their footwear outside in the corridor. That the way it's done in Singapore. I think you will have to just get used to it.
Yea, you just have to get used to it as that's how they're doing it in here. No matter how many times that complain, they will still do the same ...

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 08 Apr 2011 10:49 am

melren wrote:
JayCee wrote:
Yea, you just have to get used to it as that's how they're doing it in here. No matter how many times that complain, they will still do the same ...
I remember telling my flatmate's toddler about leaving her toys scattered all over the floor, "If it's in the way, I'll kick it out of the way."

How hard to kick, of course, is subject to discretion.

:twisted:
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowqueen » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 2:00 pm

Are they actually in your way or just outside his front door? You could always buy him a shoe rack, can pick them up quite cheaply.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 2:49 pm

Looks like our complaining OP did a pouting runner and deleted his post. I guess from now on, whoever makes the 1st response to an OP's question should quote it so it doesn't get deleted by the screwed-up whinger. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers