Singapore Expats

One Bedrooms

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
PGW

One Bedrooms

Post by PGW » Mon, 04 Apr 2011 11:04 pm

Hi all,

I will be moving to Singapore this August to work at an International Pre School in the East Coast area. The school is offering a 2,000 dollar per month housing stiped. I have done a lot of research on this forums as well as others, but mostly am seeing condos with 3 or more bedrooms in the 3,000-4,000 dollar range. I prefer to live alone if possible. I know one bedrooms aren't super common-- but are they possible to find if you have a good agent? Does anyone have information on whether 2,000 would be enough for a midrange one bedroom in the east coast area? Im trying to decide if I should ask for more money.

nakatago

Re: One Bedrooms

Post by nakatago » Mon, 04 Apr 2011 11:16 pm

PGW wrote:Hi all,

I will be moving to Singapore this August to work at an International Pre School in the East Coast area. The school is offering a 2,000 dollar per month housing stiped. I have done a lot of research on this forums as well as others, but mostly am seeing condos with 3 or more bedrooms in the 3,000-4,000 dollar range. I prefer to live alone if possible. I know one bedrooms aren't super common-- but are they possible to find if you have a good agent? Does anyone have information on whether 2,000 would be enough for a midrange one bedroom in the east coast area? Im trying to decide if I should ask for more money.
You may be able to find 1,800, 2 bedroom places. Usual search parameters and sources apply. Your mileage may vary.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 05 Apr 2011 8:57 am

There are few one bed condos in the East Coast but definitely not for $2k, they will be nearer the $3k mark.

In the East Coast, district 15/16, this is what your money will get

Room in a HDB - $500-$1,000, the lower range will not have attached bathroom, higher range might.

Room in condo - $900-$1,500, same as above

2 Bed HDB - $1,900-$2,500, If you are fussy about the condition these will not be for you

1 or 2 Bed Condo - $2,500 upwards, you may find a few at the lower range but in general you'll be looking a the $3,000 mark

PGW

Post by PGW » Tue, 05 Apr 2011 11:34 am

Thank you both so much-- this is exactly the kind of detailed info I was looking for.

theroots

Thanks

Post by theroots » Tue, 05 Apr 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks from me also - I was looking for the same info.

I was hoping to live alone in the East Coast Area.

My rent in London is SGD 1200 per month and I was hoping to have around the same in Singapore (as wages are expected to be similar).

Let me know if you hear of any condo's that are one bedroom for around that price. I think I could go to 2000 if required.

jd603

Post by jd603 » Sat, 16 Apr 2011 9:01 pm

Hey,i saw one small bedder in imperial heights asking for 2500. I think this wills suits you but above the budget. but you can try kambangan area, small development quite nice, could be slightly cheaper if they are older.