Singapore Expats

Just been made an offer to relocate to Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 4:19 am

Jaspreet wrote:Hey thanks guys I shall be looking into your recommendations! I received confirmation of my visa today! So I've got the green light, looks like I head over in mid-May to early June. Wow, so excited!
Nice one, congrats! :D

vozzie
Regular
Regular

Post by vozzie » Sat, 02 Apr 2011 6:29 pm

Here's another option to consider. I live in the Taman Jurong/Lakeside area ... in a high rise. Adjacent to us is Jurong Lake and Chinese & Japanese Gardens. So there's plenty of open space, quiet areas to sit and contemplate your navel, walking and bicycle tracks and it's about 30 minutes by MRT to the Orchard area. The Jurong Point Shopping Mall is one MRT station away.

And strangely, although we live with a gazillion other people in our units, it seems quiet to us.... except for, would you believe, the birds in the surrounding park. Don't they ever sleep in?

But I would worn you ... at first 30 mins on a train seems like chicken feed to someone used to a long commute .... but after a little time in Singapore, as everyone here would probably agree, travelling to visit someone who lives more than 10 minutes away ... is a bit of a chore! :lol:

adebex

duration

Post by adebex » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 7:01 pm

Hie jaspreet, if u dont mind me asking, how long did it took for ur workin permit to be approved? :)

Jaspreet

Re: duration

Post by Jaspreet » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 10:40 pm

adebex wrote:Hie jaspreet, if u dont mind me asking, how long did it took for ur workin permit to be approved? :)
Hey adebex, it only took around a week and a half for it to be approved after I'd filled out the paperwork. The company I work for handled everything.

vozzie thanks very much for the recommendation, I shall be looking into the Taman Jurong/Lakeside area it sounds beautiful. Oh and I love chirpy birds! The excitement is really building now. I'm going to be heading over 18th May. My new life in Singapore... :)

adebex

Re: duration

Post by adebex » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 10:42 pm

Jaspreet wrote:
adebex wrote:Hie jaspreet, if u dont mind me asking, how long did it took for ur workin permit to be approved? :)
Hey adebex, it only took around a week and a half for it to be approved after I'd filled out the paperwork. The company I work for handled everything.

vozzie thanks very much for the recommendation, I shall be looking into the Taman Jurong/Lakeside area it sounds beautiful. Oh and I love chirpy birds! The excitement is really building now. I'm going to be heading over 18th May. My new life in Singapore... :)
thankiew for the infor and all the best to you! :)