Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jooo87

Post by jooo87 » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 1:58 pm

Anyone wanna go together? I stay around Bishan area, should be heading there before 8am if anyones interested

mayn

Post by mayn » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 6:00 pm

metrominus wrote: Haha, I just assumed you were a girl. Sorry about that. Anyway, I emailed you. I also emailed pochead, who stays in jurong east. I hope it's alright with you that I asked her along..
Hi, I'm going for the interview as well! Can I join anybody? =) I stay at Clementi but can meet up with people from other areas also =)

seekling

Post by seekling » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 9:51 pm

i only have a letter from my school stating that i completed my diploma. will sia accept?

candy_sihui

Hello =)

Post by candy_sihui » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 12:56 am

What time are you girls going?

ryn829

Post by ryn829 » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 6:05 pm

Good luck and all the best to everyone who's attending the interview tmr! :D
Rmb to come back and share your experience! Hopefully all of us make it through :)

Chrissie89

Post by Chrissie89 » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 8:16 pm

Best of luck people!!! Hope to see you guys, n remember even if we don't get through this time, try try again. Don't loose faith! :D

lilyean

Post by lilyean » Sat, 02 Apr 2011 1:57 pm

Hi to all, so how was the interview today? I wanted to attend the interview but cant make it due to some personal issues. sigh very disappointed.

So anybody got into SIA? ^^ Was the interview tough? Hope you all wont mind to share your experience so I can prepare myself better for the next interview =)

do they use spot light during skin check?

wondercat

Post by wondercat » Sat, 02 Apr 2011 5:14 pm

lilyean wrote:Hi to all, so how was the interview today? I wanted to attend the interview but cant make it due to some personal issues. sigh very disappointed.

So anybody got into SIA? ^^ Was the interview tough? Hope you all wont mind to share your experience so I can prepare myself better for the next interview =)

Hi.. I went for the interview today. Personally I feel the first stage is the toughest as we will be siting in group of ten, the interviewer will ask one question and everybody will ans accordingly. After everyone have answered, we were brought out of the room and wait for result. Out of 10, they only choose 3. Really is depends on whether the interviewer like you or not. Unfortunately, I am not the chosen one. >.<

lilyean

Post by lilyean » Sat, 02 Apr 2011 7:08 pm

wondercat wrote:Hi.. I went for the interview today. Personally I feel the first stage is the toughest as we will be siting in group of ten, the interviewer will ask one question and everybody will ans accordingly. After everyone have answered, we were brought out of the room and wait for result. Out of 10, they only choose 3. Really is depends on whether the interviewer like you or not. Unfortunately, I am not the chosen one. >.<
Hey thanks for sharing. Anyway cheer up ya. Lets try harder next time =)

eloisehy

Post by eloisehy » Sat, 02 Apr 2011 7:46 pm

wondercat wrote:
lilyean wrote:Hi to all, so how was the interview today? I wanted to attend the interview but cant make it due to some personal issues. sigh very disappointed.

Hi.. I went for the interview today. Personally I feel the first stage is the toughest as we will be siting in group of ten, the interviewer will ask one question and everybody will ans accordingly. After everyone have answered, we were brought out of the room and wait for result. Out of 10, they only choose 3. Really is depends on whether the interviewer like you or not. Unfortunately, I am not the chosen one. >.<
Yes they use a spot light during the skin check. I went into the mgmt round during the first time :\ Perhaps I was luckier that time.

but I didn't get thru for today! From my group, they chose only 2. The first round I should say it depends a lot on luck. How in 1 minute do the interviewer judge whether if you are cc 'material'?

Is it because of the Japan Earthquake and Tsunami, they are cutting down on hiring cc?

or does anyone know what exactly are the interviewers looking for during the first round?

lilyean

Post by lilyean » Sat, 02 Apr 2011 8:00 pm

eloisehy wrote:Yes they use a spot light during the skin check. I went into the mgmt round during the first time :\ Perhaps I was luckier that time.

but I didn't get thru for today! From my group, they chose only 2. The first round I should say it depends a lot on luck. How in 1 minute do the interviewer judge whether if you are cc 'material'?

Is it because of the Japan Earthquake and Tsunami, they are cutting down on hiring cc?

or does anyone know what exactly are the interviewers looking for during the first round?
Hi Eloisehy, sad to hear that. So you got booted out at first stage as well? or the skin check round?

Hmm I think first round is based on first impression. Nvm, keep trying =) since different interviewers have different points of view.

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Sat, 02 Apr 2011 10:35 pm

Got kicked out at skin check round when a lady asked for my ORD date.
=( throughout the interview i was hoping that no one would ask for my ORD date.

VIVI_AYUMI

Post by VIVI_AYUMI » Sun, 03 Apr 2011 10:03 am

So sad... got kicked out at skin check.. The lady didn't ask any thing..

everything seems to be alright until i step out.. less than a min later, the guy comes out and say... "go home".... :'(

Good luck to those who went through ! ^_^

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Sun, 03 Apr 2011 11:15 am

it's ok vivi_ayumi. you have went through that far. you can always try the next round of opening. for me, i have to try next year! zzz.

wondercat

Post by wondercat » Sun, 03 Apr 2011 12:18 pm

I think it really depends on our first impression given to the interviewers. And how do we impress them in that 1 min of self introduction and asking the question. Guess we gonna keep on trying till we got it right. Haha