Singapore Expats

No hot water in kitchen

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
nicole.du

Post by nicole.du » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:04 pm

ksl wrote:
nicole.du wrote:
ksl wrote: Would you like to see your picture :)
tell me where i was born, what do i do. you surely know! as a programmer, it professional! yes?
As a matter of fact yes you are a professional at what you do, are you looking for work? What do you charge to boost my hits
You do have ability of think logically , don't you? then how comes boost? that's your rely of saying those offensive words...shoot, i don't want to talk anymore. be Professinal please!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:19 pm

nicole.du wrote:
ksl wrote:
nicole.du wrote: tell me where i was born, what do i do. you surely know! as a programmer, it professional! yes?
As a matter of fact yes you are a professional at what you do, are you looking for work? What do you charge to boost my hits
You do have ability of think logically , don't you? then how comes boost? that's your rely of saying those offensive words...shoot, i don't want to talk anymore. be Professinal please!
rely of saying those offensive words...shoot
Not at all, you have misunderstood I think!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:30 pm

ksl, why are you claiming credit for something you didn't do. I deleted your post. Regular members cannot delete posts after somebody else has replied to it. The most you could have done was just deleted the text in the post. Only moderators can delete the entire physical post and you know it.

It was deleted because of what was being insinuating and it has no place on this board unless it has been proven.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:32 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:nobody chased her out of town, she left of her own accord. I haven't banned Eau or Anne for that matter. I just didn't try to stop them from leaving, that's all. Big difference wouldn't you say?
I was a little surprised quite how much support you gave to one (as I believe were several others), and yet how little you gave to another. In my opinion the one giving far better value took the bullet.

But hey, that's just my view :?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:44 pm

kin ell, is Barrons's on special this week, and SMSs fav tipple too?

Public holiday issit, all started on the sherry at 4pm?

:???: :)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:47 pm

But without you knowing the PM traffic I received behind the scenes or it's contents from both, you cannot make a fair call. So I'll just leave it there.

But you are right, in a manner of speaking. We all have to make judgment calls. Sometimes we are right, sometimes we are wrong. But make a stand we must. Unfortunately, due the the PM facility all don't have access to all the facts, so will just have to accept our decisions.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:47 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:ksl, why are you claiming credit for something you didn't do. I deleted your post. Regular members cannot delete posts after somebody else has replied to it. The most you could have done was just deleted the text in the post. Only moderators can delete the entire physical post and you know it.

It was deleted because of what was being insinuating and it has no place on this board unless it has been proven.

Yah but SE oso just wrote...
'You need to understand that on this forum you can only be banned for racist/sexist comments, direct attacks on the gahmen, aka slander, and advertising or attempting to create SEO links. Otherwise, we do not delete posts, no matter how offensive or simply dumb that they may be.'

So you're contradicting yourselves aren't you?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:48 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:ksl, why are you claiming credit for something you didn't do. I deleted your post. Regular members cannot delete posts after somebody else has replied to it. The most you could have done was just deleted the text in the post. Only moderators can delete the entire physical post and you know it.

I'm taking no credit for anything! I deleted a link to the Nicole.du shanghai as i didn't see why it should stay. If you deleted one of my posts, good on you I have nothing against your judgement, though i never even new a post was delted, Nicole is talking about a link that i posted and i deleted it!

Nicole apparently it wasn't me who deleted your link to nicole.du shanghai it was SMS so it must have been a coincidence, as why should i help promote you :???: Nicole peace! You are very welcome my dear, I hope you also managed to get your application approved.

Though you will be looking for a job I guess, so good luck you have earned it!
Last edited by ksl on Fri, 01 Apr 2011 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 12:03 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:But without you knowing the PM traffic I received behind the scenes or it's contents from both, you cannot make a fair call. So I'll just leave it there.

But you are right, in a manner of speaking. We all have to make judgment calls. Sometimes we are right, sometimes we are wrong. But make a stand we must. Unfortunately, due the the PM facility all don't have access to all the facts, so will just have to accept our decisions.
Yes of course, and so most of us can never see the inside track that you do.

One can only judge on gut instinct and appearances.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 12:13 am

nicole.du wrote:it's always hot in Singapore.... hot water not that necessary, seems
So let's try and unravel the deeper message here.

You're suggesting that Singapore is hot, 'cold' tap-water is about 20-25c and therefore washing up with cold water is ok?

Or issit that because Singapore is hot itself washing up in cold water is ok....?

Damn confuse ah

p.s. What I can say is that now while out-country for a while I am shocked at the grot, filth and scuzz I am cleaning off stuff that was just taken for granted back in SG

BigSis
Chatter
Chatter

Re: No hot water in kitchen

Post by BigSis » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 10:42 am

JR8 wrote:Something that I have been meaning to ask for a long time.

Last place I rented (condo) it had a little electric immersion heater above the ceiling in each bathroom. So you'd turn it on for 15-20 minutes each morning before having a shower.

But there was no hot water in the kitchen at all (for washing up or laundry). Apparently my SGn in-laws also have no hot water in their HDB kitchen.

How prevalent is not having hot water in the kitchen? And more to the point how are people meant to deal with that?
We only have hot water in the bathrooms - immersion heater.

In the kitchen I just boil the kettle. I suppose I could have got the landlord to put an immersion heater in when we first rented the place years ago, but I didn't and now I'm so used to boiling the kettle to wash up that I sometimes do it out of habit when I go back home too :)

It's probably more economical too I reckon.

nicole.du

Post by nicole.du » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 11:29 am

JR8 wrote:
nicole.du wrote:it's always hot in Singapore.... hot water not that necessary, seems

You're suggesting that Singapore is hot, 'cold' tap-water is about 20-25c and therefore washing up with cold water is ok?

Or issit that because Singapore is hot itself washing up in cold water is ok....?

Damn confuse ah

p.s. What I can say is that now while out-country for a while I am shocked at the grot, filth and scuzz I am cleaning off stuff that was just taken for granted back in SG

e, i give that suggestion, based on my personal experience. 4 seasons in Shanghai, we usually use hot water in kitchen during winter/spring/autum. in summer just use cold water to wash. Singapore has only summer..... so i thought it won't be big problem. but different people different habit~~~~just advise

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vbelle » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 2:36 pm

i agree with Nicole:)

i used hot water for dishwashing during winter...but in singapore..cold water is nicer :)

unrevealed
Regular
Regular

Post by unrevealed » Sat, 02 Apr 2011 9:22 am

JR8 wrote:

Damn confuse ah

From what I’ve observed residing in and travelling to different countries, in Europe (say UK, France), apparently hot water is the basis of cleaning work not only because of the freezing weather that makes it that important but also a matter of cleanliness that (quite of few) British friends of mine believe only hot water can guarantee you (although some of those rely on dish washers). In Asia, my sweet home included, if it’s not for winter, we don’t care much about all that bits and bobs. Hot water is necessary for baths regardless of seasons but not for dish washing though. Under high temps, cold water would be okay as long as you do the washing up properly and of course cleansers do their job nicely! Let’s say to wash my crockery, I always do it over and over again (3 times at least) until all the soap bubbles are thoroughly gone. Perhaps that’s why I do not bother with water temperature.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 02 Apr 2011 9:49 am

The best part is the local detergents for dishes are formulated especially for ordinary tap water. Hot water isn't required at all. Unless, of course, you are one of these people who have to try to sterilize the dishes. But unless you are sealing them up after washing them, they aren't sterile long anyway. I like a hot shower though, but after working in the yard or other strenuous activities I have to admit a cool shower works great in this climate. So we find just a electric airpot and instant hot water heaters in the baths takes care of most all of our needs. We even keep the temperature down on the washing machine when we can.