Singapore Expats

Student Pass Enquiry

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ivana2202

Student Pass Enquiry

Post by ivana2202 » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 4:23 pm

Hi, I graduated at Dec 2010 from local private University (MDIS). I've landed a job in February but my S pass is being rejected by ICA even after my company has made an appeal. So I decided to take full time chinese course in SG before going back to my country, Indonesia.

However, my student pass for full time chinese course is also being rejected. ICA didn't state the reason.
I wonder why is it my student pass is being rejected? Is it because I have applied for S pass before?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 4:38 pm

Is your course of study or institute of study on the list of approved institutions from MOM? If not, and even if it was, the fact that you are trying to find another course to just to keep from returning to Indonesia probably has a lot to do with it. Just because you took a course here, doesn't mean the government has to give you the right to work here. What gave you that idea?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ivana2202

Post by ivana2202 » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 5:03 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Is your course of study or institute of study on the list of approved institutions from MOM? If not, and even if it was, the fact that you are trying to find another course to just to keep from returning to Indonesia probably has a lot to do with it. Just because you took a course here, doesn't mean the government has to give you the right to work here. What gave you that idea?
Thank you for your prompt reply. Actually I didn't find another course to keep myself returning from Indonesia. Well it seems like it when you pointed it out, which didn't cross my mind at all. After my S pass have been rejected, and after I heard from my friends that alot of Spass and EP have been rejected this year, I decided to work in my own country. But then since the work that I got to do in Indonesia needs me to communicate with people from mainland China, I decided to take this course in SG since the education here is much better than in my country.