Singapore Expats

This forum is awesome!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter

Post by tyianchang » Sat, 19 Mar 2011 5:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I don't swing at it often but I connect and knock it outta the park when I do. :cool:
SMS, are you reaching midlife crisis? It's not like you to be heavy handed for nothing. Don't worry about the sensitive issues we tread on in the FP thread. Most people will look up to you for allowing us to discuss at a mature level, in our even keel parlance and lots of OOMPHs.
Now all the fizz's gone and you can have beer instead of champagne; that metaphor apart, the heart to heart open discussions are gone forever.
Last edited by tyianchang on Sat, 19 Mar 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tyianchang

tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter

Re: This forum is awesome!

Post by tyianchang » Sat, 19 Mar 2011 5:14 pm

ksl wrote:I was just glancing through the page of the forum in the general section, when I noticed some significant data.

From 3rd of March to date one post has been viewed over 37000 times, I think it's the diamond post, also the INdia girls post rakes in over 20000 views. Though not many replies!

The FP thread pulled over 400 replies with over 12000 visits, and now it's locked :evil: :P

Though what can we deduce from all this? Are most viewers women or men? I don't know myself has I haven't thought much of delving any deeper into the analysis of the website. Though it is sure of interest in a marketing perspective wouldn't you say.

Any chance of getting this reduced to a reasonable level that reflects the viewing of the headline, not forgetting that the views are on the topics and not the advertisements.

This would certainly improve the advertising revenue to this forum i think. Though what do others think? Joop maybe interested in this feedback.
Thanks for the OP ksl. You're the grandfather of FP. Let's just wait and see if reason and democracy prevails. but if anything should destabilize the business functioning of this forum, then there's nothing we can do, except to hope that we 've done no one any harm with the sudden death of the FP thread. I'd enjoyed reading really mature discusions for the first time in that thread. Agreed, the SG expats' forum is awesome and cool.
tyianchang

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 19 Mar 2011 6:06 pm

Had democracy prevailed, the FP thread would have been closed a long, long time ago. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Sat, 19 Mar 2011 6:45 pm

Was that the shortest ever TC post?

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 4:37 am

For this forum to be awesome, minds have to expand.

"Life is too complicated to be interpreted in an ideological way,"

"preconceived ideas feel like an oppression." Yes, yes, yes, give me freedom any day, the freedom to think for myself, the freedom to be myself. FREE TO BE ME!

"It is always a tiny but concrete thing from reality that shakes my convictions, and it is precisely this discovery in itself that interests and stimulates me the most."

'Not imprisoned in a category'

"The director also avoids cliches. He never, for example, shows the landmark sights of Seoul nor tries to beautify his country's landscape or present it as exotic."

Quoting from

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/south-korean-c ... 9-356.html

I have no idea who this guy is but thank god he is breaking from the Korean cinematic mold. I have given up watching Korean soaps, it is so pigeon holed. Mind-numbingly boring. Typical story line, poor being suppressed by the rich or powerful, usually there would be a character who have studied or work in America (why only America, so many countries to choose from, the world is your oyster). In the seemingly well groomed and well dressed lot, there would be this hyper active character who likes to use the broom for lashing out (for god's sake, the broom is for sweeping the floor, if you need to express physical violence, please use something more dignified like a real cane!). And then in the seemingly well-mannered lot with all its posturing and bowing and blah blah blah, the amount of gossiping, stabbing and sensationalising is enough to last my whole life time.

Okay, thank you all for listening. Now you know why I won't expend an hour of my life in a korean soap. I rather visit this forum :P .

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 8:18 am

But... your last quoted sentence contradicts majority of the sentences preceding it.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:11 am

:lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers