Singapore Expats

Sleeping tabs for long-haul flights

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Thu, 17 Mar 2011 3:38 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I stay up for 24 to 30 hours before the flight and then 2 t 3 hours out from Japan/HK across the pacific, I go to sleep for 8 hours (12-14 flight). When I arrive in O'Hara, I'm already reprogrammed and the biological clock has been reset. I never have jet lag. Been doing that for almost 30 years and it still works. No drugs, no alcohol (well, not normally, but occasionally a couple in HK or Narita). Works good for me. :)
So my flight's at 11.50 pm. on a Wednesday. I'm supposed to stay awake 24 hours ....mm so that takes me back to 11.50 pm Tuesday. At THAT hour of the day on Tuesday I will have already been awake for 16 hours cos I will have been at work. This gives me a grand total of 40 hours awake (or insane whichever way one looks at it.) Farmboy, I'm confuzzed. Your idea would only work if you had a morning flight yeah?
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'