Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Guavirus

Post by Guavirus » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:41 pm

-dlt-
Last edited by Guavirus on Mon, 03 Oct 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 8:28 pm

^Stop worrying about all the crap you hear from the numerous idiots on this forum and elsewhere and give it a try. Which is more important; your abillity to deliver customer services or what you look like?

Angelme

Post by Angelme » Sun, 13 Mar 2011 2:47 pm

hi hopefuls.. hows everyone doing? :)

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Sun, 13 Mar 2011 3:15 pm

anyone wanna go together this upcoming recruitment? staying in the west here. =)

Miu
Regular
Regular

Post by Miu » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 8:42 am

rampalicious87 wrote:anyone wanna go together this upcoming recruitment? staying in the west here. =)
Which west you staying? Maybe can tag along :)
You Can Do It! (:

edis0n

Post by edis0n » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:28 pm

rampalicious87 wrote:anyone wanna go together this upcoming recruitment? staying in the west here. =)

im at the west too. :)

babyturtle

Post by babyturtle » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 1:37 pm

flyhigh wrote:hmm they will only accept O lvls at least.. they will ask u to leave on e spot if u cnt meet their requirements..
hiyee. they will accept o's ?? seriously ?? i thot they didnt, and they only accepted dip's. which is why i nv tried or had any hopes.

anyone knows whats the ht requirement ?? =\

pochead

Post by pochead » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 3:45 pm

babyturtle wrote:
flyhigh wrote:hmm they will only accept O lvls at least.. they will ask u to leave on e spot if u cnt meet their requirements..
hiyee. they will accept o's ?? seriously ?? i thot they didnt, and they only accepted dip's. which is why i nv tried or had any hopes.

min height required is 1.58m for female and 1.68m for male

babyturtle

Post by babyturtle » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 7:22 pm

pochead wrote:
babyturtle wrote:

min height required is 1.58m for female and 1.68m for male
oooh. okay, thanks for that. do u know anything abt the educational qualifications ?? i read in the SIA forum, that they need just min 3 o's. but the website says 5 o's. so which one is it actually.

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 7:57 pm

hey. i am staying somewhere in Jurong. hmm, why not you guys send me your email address?

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 3:18 am

babyturtle wrote:

If you were to look just 4 pages back up in Page 849 you would have found the infor that you needed. There is no spoon feeding in Cabin Crew, therefore its a good time to start being independent :wink:
Being nice I will spoon feed you this time :roll:

Below is for the SIN and MALAYSIA interviews:

Requirements
Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
Females who are at least 1.58m; Males who are at least 1.65m in height
Degree/ Diploma
OR
At least 2 GCE ‘A’- level credits and 2 ‘AO’- level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’- level examination
OR
At least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits (or its equivalent) including English and working experience
For Malaysian qualifications at SPM level, at least 5 credits including a minimum grade of B4 in English and working experience is required
Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 3:27 am

^ As it states clearly on the SIA website; amazing how many people come here wanting to be cabin crew yet spend little or no time on the website of the company they wish to work for. :roll: [-X
Last edited by Plavt on Thu, 17 Mar 2011 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

edis0n

Post by edis0n » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 3:37 am

Plavt wrote:^ As it will states clearly on the SIA website; amazing how many people come here wanting to be cabin crew yet spend little or no time on the website of the company they wish to work for. :roll: [-X
likes.

babyturtle

Post by babyturtle » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 9:19 am

Abercrombie wrote:
babyturtle wrote:

If you were to look just 4 pages back up in Page 849 you would have found the infor that you needed. There is no spoon feeding in Cabin Crew, therefore its a good time to start being independent :wink:
Being nice I will spoon feed you this time :roll:

Below is for the SIN and MALAYSIA interviews:

Requirements
Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
Females who are at least 1.58m; Males who are at least 1.65m in height
Degree/ Diploma
OR
At least 2 GCE ‘A’- level credits and 2 ‘AO’- level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’- level examination
OR
At least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits (or its equivalent) including English and working experience
For Malaysian qualifications at SPM level, at least 5 credits including a minimum grade of B4 in English and working experience is required
Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.
err.. okay. i already know all these, im asking as i read in another airline forum (cant rmb which. silkair or cathay pacific), the last recruitment on 27 nov, min 3 o's, and 4 n's. hence my post, as i wanna be sure. i only have 3 o's, which is why i nv tried out for SIA in the first place, knowing that i dont meet their requirements. thanks for the help anyways. :)

babyturtle

Post by babyturtle » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 9:31 am

anyone going and wud like to meet up ?? :) thinking of trying out.