Singapore Expats

NA

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
expatmanny

NA

Post by expatmanny » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:04 pm

NA
Last edited by expatmanny on Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:30 pm

Since you are getting used to this website, try the search function at the upper right hand side of the window. Hundreds and hundreds of posts on this subject.

expatmanny

na

Post by expatmanny » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:43 pm

na
Last edited by expatmanny on Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 1:08 pm

Not enough info. How long have you been married to wife? Race of wife? How long have you been in Singapore? Did your wife's rejection letter invite her to apply again?

expatmanny

na

Post by expatmanny » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 1:16 pm

na
Last edited by expatmanny on Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 1:56 pm

The only thing that has changed since the last time your wife applied for PR is that she is now married. I am not sure how much weightage an inter-racial marriage will have. As SMS says the stats of inter-racial marriages lasting is very low and its been less than a year since you have been married together. So the odds of an approval at this stage are not much different than the last time, if you ask me. I would say get a job for yourself and pay taxes for a couple of years and then apply again. Then the circumstances are different and who knows you may get approved.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 2:07 pm

I'm with revhappy. I don't think your odds will be any better for at least a year.

expatmanny

na

Post by expatmanny » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 2:09 pm

na
Last edited by expatmanny on Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 2:14 pm

expatmanny wrote:Dear SE,

Thanks for your response:)

Well, I would like to highlight one thing.

When my wife applied for PR last year, in the PR Form 4A , the field under 'Previous Employent' was left absolutely 'Blank'.

She had mentioned 'No Previous Employment' even though she has been working in same bank for 27yrs. Inadvertently she forgot to mention anything. Also she didn't put emphasis on the achievements.

But this time, I ve filled all the necessary fields and taken care of missing bits.

Now, do you think it can make any difference?

Appreciate your time SE:)

Thanks and Best Regards,
Manny.
Maybe... but I doubt it. First, it's pretty dumb to not properly fill out a form as important as the PR app, and not update it, either, once you discover the error.

The number of PR's granted has fallen dramatically. You and your wife are the wrong race in order to keep things balanced around here... and it spite of a million inmigration, the racial percentages are very nearly the same as a decade ago.

There is a populist backlash against 'foreign talent'. A UK citizen will, in all odds, never become a Singapore citizen.

Your wife is not on a P1, only a P2. You don't work. You've been married less than a year. An interracial marriage. I've been wrong before and I'd bet money you don't get approved. I'd wait at least a year or until you graduate and get a job yourself.

expatmanny

Post by expatmanny » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 2:33 pm

na
Last edited by expatmanny on Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 3:06 pm

Your wife has 27 years of experience! I missed that when I read your first post for the first time. How old are you?

With that piece of information, well, I am sorry, I dont think its going to be easy at all to get a PR, on 2 counts.
1)Kids! The gahmen wants people producing kids. At that age chances are really low.
2)If there is a huge age gap and an inter-racial marraige it is increasingly going to look as a marriage of convenience.

Sorry if it offends you but thats my honest assessment.

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”