Singapore Expats

freelance graphic design work in singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
expat edith

freelance graphic design work in singapore

Post by expat edith » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 4:35 am

hello everyone,
I've got the following question! The end of March me and my husband will be arriving in Singapore for a long term stay! For the moment till the end of the year. But probably longer. He will be working. I have to look for a job for that period. Does anyone on this forum know if its possible to work as a freelance graphic designer at home and how I will be able to get some assignments. And is it possible to work with the permit that was granted to me as a spouse of a temporary employee in Singapore? Or will the Singaporean government see this as my own business and it will be illegal to do so without the right paperwork. I've been working as a graphic designer for the last 20 years in Holland. Greetings, Edith

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 8:25 am

Edith, please do a search for 'free lance' on this board. This question has been asked many times. When you've got the background of how things work, come back with any questions specific to your situation.

fiveniner

Post by fiveniner » Wed, 16 Mar 2011 6:07 pm

I might have an opportunity. Would you like to hook up?

Do you have skype or msn for us to get connected?

enginette
Regular
Regular

Post by enginette » Thu, 17 Mar 2011 6:13 pm

Do you do websites?
DD

Nisreen

Post by Nisreen » Wed, 04 May 2011 9:41 pm

Hey Edith,
I am in the same boat as you. My husband got transferred here and we moved to singapore about 10 days ago. I have been working in Advertising & design for the last 8 years with some leading ad agencies. tho that is also an option for me here in singapore, i am actually looking to do some freelance for a while. So was wondering how u went about it, and if there are any leads or advice that u might be able to give:)
Thanx, Nisreen:)

SafaStuart

Post by SafaStuart » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 1:50 am

hey there - any progress edith? Are doing the freelance thing at the moment?