30 soon and never be in love

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:05 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
nakatago wrote: Rinse, repeat.
:shock: I though Alpha123456Seirra was back! :lol:
Typical story for single guy in Singapore:

Try dating people with same citizenship...because you know how one group would prefer people from the same group. For one thing--and it's no one's fault--you're just not interested in a lot of them. Another thing, those that you may be interested in are not available.

So go outside your circle. Similar story. And then, those that you are interested in and are available turn out to be not really good matches for you (no chemistry, personality turned out to be so good, turns out just wants the 5 CC's, etc). So, you move on. And on, and on, and on, and on, ad nauseam...until finally, "Hm. I think it's time to leave Singapore."

I'm pretty sure this is the same thing for a lot of people in Singapore, regardless of race, religion, citizenship, sexual determination, football team allegiance or choice of mobile OS...

EDIT: upon further reflection, this may also be the case for most "metropolitan" cities...
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Dr_H

interesting thread

Post by Dr_H » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 10:04 pm

@Eatpreylove, I might sound condescending but cmon what are you talking about. You already know the solution to your problem .. "lower your standards"

I unfortunately being a single guy in his 30s cannot help you out. I am WAY below average looking (2 on a scale of 10 on a GOOD day). I have the intelligence of a drunk chipmunk. Being bad at arithmetic, i am poor as well.
I would have died a virgin but for VERY few random lucky incidents involving dim lighting and excessive inebriation and a few other very confused woman. I am not a good listener and think empathy is a cute word for HR personnel. In spite of my own poor ranking, I am very shallow and basically ogle only at hot looking women and waitresses. The list goes on but you got the idea.

the way its looking now it is very likely that if i do not die early of liver or lung failure ..I will be an old bachelor smoking through a ventilator and ogling at my young hospice nurse ... So keep in touch you never know ...
...he has no ambition and no energy. He will not even go out of his way to verify his own solutions, and would rather be considered wrong than take the trouble to prove himself right........

ev-disinfection
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ev-disinfection » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 12:06 am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:D

EatPrayLove

Post by EatPrayLove » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 10:35 pm

Thank you for those who PM me to be friends. Sorry that I cann`t reply since I don`t have enough posts

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 11:17 pm

EatPrayLove wrote:Thank you for those who PM me to be friends. Sorry that I cann`t reply since I don`t have enough posts
Now, you do.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

unrevealed
Regular
Regular

Post by unrevealed » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 1:29 pm

That’s it! men >< women topics are always that controversial and unstoppable. A 29/F, same here Estherc81, single, never official dated but stay happy as I usually am, (unavoidable crazy moments sometimes but not about being single at all), my view is quite classic, any one, regardless their genders, be your own self = individual, don’t set any standards otherwise you will be soon disappointed.
And even worse, Dr_H, please, don’t think girls always have their standards, otherwise you will probably miss your chances. You might live positive but what a shame don't think the same way! (I personally think)
Back in my home country, a Southeast Asian, myself met quite a few guys (some still available, some settled down), who had feelings for me since forever, coming back to me one day and said at the time of our acquaintances/close friendship, they did not dare to look at me in the eyes, some even started shaking while I was walking by, never mind spare a thought of me liking them back, thereby making me an arrogant lady themselves… I was not eating them or having any thoughts of looking down on them. How ridiculous! but thanks to them, I am now a happy ME and MYSELF, alone but not lonely.

mchan308

Post by mchan308 » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 2:24 pm

I'm 29f, single. In fact I haven't found a real love in my life. Perhaps my Mr Right doesn't want to show up yet hahaha... Anyway, I'm happy with my self nw :)

aargon
Chatter
Chatter

Post by aargon » Sun, 13 Mar 2011 12:04 am

mchan308 wrote:I'm 29f, single. In fact I haven't found a real love in my life. Perhaps my Mr Right doesn't want to show up yet hahaha... Anyway, I'm happy with my self nw :)
just love yourself if you cant find anyone to love.

and I`m not talking about sex.

or maybe I am... :D
Everybody was KungFu Fighting.....

mchan308

Post by mchan308 » Sun, 13 Mar 2011 11:00 am

aargon wrote:
mchan308 wrote:I'm 29f, single. In fact I haven't found a real love in my life. Perhaps my Mr Right doesn't want to show up yet hahaha... Anyway, I'm happy with my self nw :)
just love yourself if you cant find anyone to love.

and I`m not talking about sex.

or maybe I am... :D
I will do so :)

bluemoon21

Post by bluemoon21 » Sun, 13 Mar 2011 2:57 pm

Cheer up gals, love yourself! I just broke up ended my 7 years relationship with my ex bf. In the past 7 yrs, I always thought that i found my Mr Right but I'm happier after break up even though I'm hitting 32 yr old and staying alone in foreign land :)

neversleep

Re: 30 soon and never be in love

Post by neversleep » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 3:44 am

EatPrayLove wrote:Will turn 30 in a few months. Kinda feel lonely and sad.

Have dated nice guys,smart guys, handsome guys, rich guys, but never be in love with any guy. Is it unusual? is there any problem with me ?

One year ago, I never hesitate in turning down someone I was not interested or move on from one date to another when things didn`t work out.

Now my confidence complete goes away while thinking about turning 30 and single .
nothing wrong with you baby

Joeyfishcat
Regular
Regular

Post by Joeyfishcat » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:25 pm

bluemoon21 wrote:Cheer up gals, love yourself! I just broke up ended my 7 years relationship with my ex bf. In the past 7 yrs, I always thought that i found my Mr Right but I'm happier after break up even though I'm hitting 32 yr old and staying alone in foreign land :)
...Sounds familiar... Myself & my bf of 8 yrs came to SG from UK, only for him to run off with a Filipina a year later! :o Which might explain my cynicism on this thread!! Definately a Mr Wrong...
In order to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs :D

Dr_H

Post by Dr_H » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 9:32 pm

[quote="Joeyfishcat"]I'm afraid I take offence at any guy who says women are full of themselves. :mad:
In fact, the opposite is more often true. Just take a look at the GUYS' criteria... They have to be aesthetically pleasing with a fit body... oh and intelligence, wit, etc comes second place as a bonus.
Never mind you lot thinking most women want a man with plenty of money and a big cock... It seems you want all of us to be slim, sexy sirens begging for bedroom activity 24/7! :x
This shallowness is enough to make any man-wanting woman feel she has a lot to live up to. Most women don't know their own worth and guys who spout stuff like that just make our low self-esteem even lower.[/quote

|----------OOOO
|----------OOOO
|----------OOOO
That my dear is a cute little ascii violin ... i am playing a G minor for you .....
...he has no ambition and no energy. He will not even go out of his way to verify his own solutions, and would rather be considered wrong than take the trouble to prove himself right........

ev-disinfection
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ev-disinfection » Wed, 16 Mar 2011 3:38 am

[quote="Dr_H"][quote="Joeyfishcat"]I'm afraid I take offence at any guy who says women are full of themselves. :mad:
In fact, the opposite is more often true. Just take a look at the GUYS' criteria... They have to be aesthetically pleasing with a fit body... oh and intelligence, wit, etc comes second place as a bonus.
Never mind you lot thinking most women want a man with plenty of money and a big cock... It seems you want all of us to be slim, sexy sirens begging for bedroom activity 24/7! :x
This shallowness is enough to make any man-wanting woman feel she has a lot to live up to. Most women don't know their own worth and guys who spout stuff like that just make our low self-esteem even lower.[/quote

Thank you for highlighting a good post..... :D

lilbabyj

Re: 30 soon and never be in love

Post by lilbabyj » Fri, 18 Mar 2011 12:20 am

Hey babe, u just havent met him yet :D U need to have some rain before u see the rainbow
EatPrayLove wrote:Will turn 30 in a few months. Kinda feel lonely and sad.

Have dated nice guys,smart guys, handsome guys, rich guys, but never be in love with any guy. Is it unusual? is there any problem with me ?

One year ago, I never hesitate in turning down someone I was not interested or move on from one date to another when things didn`t work out.

Now my confidence complete goes away while thinking about turning 30 and single .