Singapore Expats

Cannabis and Psychosis

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:42 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Well, this time Anne didn't start it. jaycee. did. :(
Exactly my thought when I read this thread, and I would have pointed it out if SMS hadn't. This discussion was going quite well until Jaycee's unprovoked insult.

I have no personal experience with drugs to contribute meaningfully to this discussion, and I must say I'm rather glad for it. I wouldn't like to live in a country where I had to constantly worry what my friends or kids were on. But that's just boring old me speaking... nothing against all you folks who use stuff :)

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 2:26 pm

tyianchang wrote: And sorry, mod, re Jaycee. He keeps on and on at me. I'd avoided that level of crassness, but if I didn't hit back, he'd never stop using me as an easy target. Amazing isn't, how little boys behave on the net. Taking it out on a woman to show they've got something. Well, bullies never do, and this point is right bang on topic about psychosis, but it's hardly even funny.

I keep on and on at you do I? Really? I've hardly posted anything directed at you over the last few weeks, in fact I stayed out of the China and filiel piety threads on purpose. (other than asking where you are from, which you have still not answered). I was just playing devil's advocate a bit with this thread as I KNEW you would bite and you didn't disappoint, you see others can pick and pick to get a reaction too, although I accept you are the master of it.

I think you might be confusing me with someone else if you think I'm constantly badgering you, it must be all that pot confusing your old mind :roll:
Last edited by JayCee on Sat, 12 Mar 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 2:36 pm

Plavt wrote: What I mentioned was the behaviour of youths smoking cannabis which by your own admission seem to think for whatever reason is OK.
Where did I say it was ok?

What I said was, if those kids weren't smoking weed, they'd be doing something else like binge drinking. Either way, they would be causing trouble and this is because they've not been disciplined by parents, or are just troublesome little shits or for whatever reason, I don't think you can put the blame on cannabis for their actions, lots of kids hang around stairwells and terrorise residents in council estates, I'd wager that the majority of them are not doing it because they smoked some weed, they are just bad plain and simple.

Yeah if they weren't smoking cannabis they could be doing something else - like something more useful to themselves and society. The fact is drugs bring social and physical ills, be it cannabis or anything else.
Alcohol, caffeine and nicotine are drugs, so should we make them illegal too? Alcohol in particular causes a lot more social ills than cannabis, witness any UK town centre on a friday and saturday night for proof

tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter

Post by tyianchang » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 4:16 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Well, this time Anne didn't start it. jaycee. did. :(
Exactly my thought when I read this thread, and I would have pointed it out if SMS hadn't. This discussion was going quite well until Jaycee's unprovoked insult.

I have no personal experience with drugs to contribute meaningfully to this discussion, and I must say I'm rather glad for it. I wouldn't like to live in a country where I had to constantly worry what my friends or kids were on. But that's just boring old me speaking... nothing against all you folks who use stuff :)

Good to hear from you, WIMH and I really appreciate your sense of fairness. The discussion forum's a revealing mirror of the sum total of characters. It's mainly supported by people giving their time to drop in and chat about their experiences, knowledge or concerns in life. It can be worrying when a persistent troll keeps going at something elusive they see in another. But it's up to Pal in the end to step in.
You're right. The best state of mind is one that's clean and in a zen state of satori ( enlightenment) seeing everything as it is. For me, it was inevitable that some pot passed by my way - from friends returned from abroad or travellers one met at parties. It was the 70s with all the beautiful people drifting about. I really took a few puffs as a kind of research. That's all. I don't like weed or cigarettes and I strongly advise my family members against smoking.
We drink mineral water and buy organic foodstuffs as long as the price's not exaggerated. But I like my morning ground coffee so I guess caffeine's a drug.
Last edited by tyianchang on Sat, 12 Mar 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tyianchang

tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter

Post by tyianchang » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 4:37 pm

JayCee wrote:
tyianchang wrote: And sorry, mod, re Jaycee. He keeps on and on at me. I'd avoided that level of crassness, but if I didn't hit back, he'd never stop using me as an easy target. Amazing isn't, how little boys behave on the net. Taking it out on a woman to show they've got something. Well, bullies never do, and this point is right bang on topic about psychosis, but it's hardly even funny.

I keep on and on at you do I? Really? I've hardly posted anything directed at you over the last few weeks, in fact I stayed out of the China and filiel piety threads on purpose. (other than asking where you are from, which you have still not answered). I was just playing devil's advocate a bit with this thread as I KNEW you would bite and you didn't disappoint, you see others can pick and pick to get a reaction too, although I accept you are the master of it.

I think you might be confusing me with someone else if you think I'm constantly badgering you, it must be all that pot confusing your old mind :roll:
Alright, I'm responding even if you don't have the manners to address me decently but resorted to name calling ( however grand the reference ). But your lingo reveals a decent guy beneath inspite of the temptation to poke fun at me for your self-induced laughter.
Were you the one I chatted with about football when your class enemy threw you a snobby rhetoric, "Since when was there any equality" and relegated the beautiful game to the hooligan podium vis-a-vis the noble game of cricket?
Blast! You'd had your share so just own up and try to be more imaginative. I'm not your laughing pill so you can stop rolling on the floor. BTW, thanks for your noble confession.
If you're reading me to search for your own mind, let me say, it'll be a tragic day when your mind gets old! Pah, to the uninitiated!!
tyianchang

ttuguy421

Post by ttuguy421 » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 5:01 pm

See... This is where a joint would be handy... We could all smoke and everyone would relax.. realize we have more commonalities than differences and walk away friends...

tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter

Post by tyianchang » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 5:31 pm

ttuguy421 wrote:See... This is where a joint would be handy... We could all smoke and everyone would relax.. realize we have more commonalities than differences and walk away friends...
The Incredible String Band, from the Wee Tam album(?) has a line to be remembered, " Let me build summer upon the summers of my loved ones, Aid me and I will aid you."
Perhaps different people react differently to joints. No thank you, I don't need to smoke. I'm on a nirvanic high. As the Buddha says,
" Gone
Gone beyond
Gone to the other shore."
Search for the real thing. There's only one lifetime.
Peace on earth - that sounds like a good mantra.
tyianchang

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 5:49 pm

JayCee wrote:

That's what your post implied, whichever way you look at it.
Alcohol, caffeine and nicotine are drugs, so should we make them illegal too?
Well not to the degree drugs do! I have never heard of anybody breaking into houses to steal money to feed their alcholol addiction. The 'hanging around' council estates and blocking stairwells has become a proflific problem in London since cannabis became widely available. The result is it attracts dealers who are regularly seen selling the stuff and thereby attracting more users and even more dealers. The police have been spending a fortune and 'cleaning up' various areas of London - another big expense on your tax bill. :roll:

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 5:57 pm

Plavt wrote:
JayCee wrote:

That's what your post implied, whichever way you look at it.
Alcohol, caffeine and nicotine are drugs, so should we make them illegal too?
Well not to the degree drugs do! I have never heard of anybody breaking into houses to steal money to feed their alcholol addiction. The 'hanging around' council estates and blocking stairwells has become a proflific problem in London since cannabis became widely available. The result is it attracts dealers who are regularly seen selling the stuff and thereby attracting more users and even more dealers. The police have been spending a fortune and 'cleaning up' various areas of London - another big expense on your tax bill. :roll:
And how much is the tax bill that has to pay for the police presence in every town centre across the UK every friday and saturday night to stop the trouble caused by alcohol?

Maybe you've not heard of alcoholics breaking into people's home to get money to buy more booze, I have personally but I can accept if others haven't. However, I bet you've heard plenty of stories of guys getting drunk then going home and beating the shit out of their wives and kids? I've never heard of anyone beating up anyone else when they were high on weed, they wouldn't have the energy for one thing! There is a big link between domestic violence and alcohol however.

I'm not saying there are no problems with cannabis, but I just don't see anything worse than what alcohol causes, yet it's perfectly legal

ev-disinfection
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ev-disinfection » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 6:24 pm

++
I agree with jaycee on your last post,

And I thank god, for putting me here...

Where there is a low drug problem and alcohol is expensive.
Cause if I can't afford it, I can't drink.

It sounds wrong, but is right.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 9:52 pm

UK Cops paid out 700'000 pounds in compensation for dog bites in 3 years :roll: Dog's running wild as Cops got high on doobie :lol: