Singapore Expats

Whats the wildest thing a Singaporean can do?

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 7:30 pm

Show some basic manners, that would be really weird...

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 7:35 pm

fly2sneha wrote:outside singapore, yes, i have heard a lot.

but anything that made you laugh in the country?

I remember one of the old posts somebody posted. "Try going to a rock concert here, the audience just stand there motionless. It is pretty weird"
Ask SMS he was at the Eagles gig a while back and he's been here 30 years :) so maybe it rubs off on him, though i doubt it, the randy old git is like a Kangaroo on heat, only Kidding Mrs SMS! :lol: Take me with a pinch of salt!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 8:20 pm

I am tormented to death by the Eagles at Karaoke. Honestly if I hear them I have to leave as it makes me feel sick.

The Eagles gig, yes my 500 years old in-laws went too (vomit). Apparently it was the first concert where 99% of seats were wheelchair accessible.

p.s. Opinionated about music, moi? 8-)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 9:24 pm

They might have been wheelchair accessable, but as the local writer said, with over 10K primarily babyboomers there, it's one of the few concerts where the who damn stadium rocked with the audience singing and up on their feet as well, both on the floor in the $5C seats and in the 98buck bleachers behind the stage and everywhere else. She indicated the the audience were primarily caucasians as well, so we know how to rock the house, even if we had to use our zimmer frames to do it! :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:37 pm

I was only laying it on re: the wheelchairs hehehe.

It's just I really don't like hearing people Karaoke the Eagles!

Calmday
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Calmday » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:14 pm

We went to the Stone Temple Pilots concert last night and witnessed the crowd (who were tired of waiting on the headliners) heckle and boo this comedian off of the stage. I felt a little sorry for the guy but was a lot more impressed at the spunk of the crowd. :cool:

Side Bar.
With the exception of the Astrodome, the indoor stadium has the crappiest acoustics that I have ever heard. Also with the lack of a Rock and Roll radio station in Singapore, the lack of support for real rock music was very evident. Crowd was enthusiastic but pretty small for a band like STP.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 1:29 pm

Calmday wrote: Side Bar.
With the exception of the Astrodome, the indoor stadium has the crappiest acoustics that I have ever heard. Also with the lack of a Rock and Roll radio station in Singapore, the lack of support for real rock music was very evident. Crowd was enthusiastic but pretty small for a band like STP.
Yeah, I wished there was a rock radio station too. There are a number of pretty good local bands that have records out and would like to discover more. I just rely on internet radio now---The Buzz from Shoutcast (not affiliated woof-woof).
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

ttuguy421

Post by ttuguy421 » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 3:57 pm

Calmday wrote:We went to the Stone Temple Pilots concert last night and witnessed the crowd (who were tired of waiting on the headliners) heckle and boo this comedian off of the stage. I felt a little sorry for the guy but was a lot more impressed at the spunk of the crowd. :cool:

Side Bar.
Was at the show last night too and it was a great time, although the sound and lack of a crowd was a bit disappointing.

aargon
Chatter
Chatter

Post by aargon » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:49 pm

ecureilx wrote:Annabelle Chong ?? :D :D (for those old enough to remember, and also the VCDs that were sold in Queensway shopping center .. ;) ;)
Annabelle Chong!!! now that was one seriously messed up documentary. :???:

actually i just looked her up in wikipedia... shes now a web developer in the US.... go figure ? :???:
Everybody was KungFu Fighting.....

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 13 Mar 2011 3:09 am

aargon wrote:Annabelle Chong!!! now that was one seriously messed up documentary. :???:
Documentary ?? Pray Enlighten me - What documentary ?? :twisted: :twisted:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 9:30 pm

Fair play to her, she made her statement for her own reasons. The woman is well disciplined and an ex Raffles Student, she's got talent and can hold her own, with any male character by now.

I can't remember when the documentary was but i did see it. All the guys queuing in an orderly fashion at the candy store :) Actually I was thinking about all the jerk offs, just how desperate they must have been and how she made them look ridicules. I guess it was a rebellious period in her life, for being made to study hard to achieve those top marks, she proved she could do it, and then said FU, you took my life and childhood away.

She was never paid for the video. Makes me wonder what kind of guy she will settle down with if any. Though I reckon that's one woman that speaks her mind.

noobking

Post by noobking » Mon, 28 Mar 2011 8:41 pm

i think the craziest thing dat a singaporian could do is litter :wink:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:52 pm

I think the craziest thing for you to do is post on here, thinking you can get away with it. SMS google his nick and all will be revealed.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 29 Mar 2011 8:19 am

ksl wrote:I think the craziest thing for you to do is post on here, thinking you can get away with it. SMS google his nick and all will be revealed.
So far, he/she has not violated any board rules or guidelines... not that I don't think that might happen in the future.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 29 Mar 2011 9:33 am

Which is why I didn't do anything at 6:30 this morning. Same with Noobking.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers