Singapore Expats

EP Cancellation & EPEC revival

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
projsanti

EP Cancellation & EPEC revival

Post by projsanti » Thu, 10 Mar 2011 3:53 pm

I am on EP and want to resign from present job. I dont have any other job in hand and my EPEC is valid till July, 2011. What will be my status after i resign from present job??

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Thu, 10 Mar 2011 4:00 pm

Do you not check the MOM website??

You will have until July to find a new job otherwise pack your bag and head to Changi

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx

projsanti

Post by projsanti » Thu, 10 Mar 2011 4:33 pm

So, if i leave the present job, my EP will be cancelled and i will be again on EPEC by which i can still stay till July??

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Mar 2011 4:39 pm

Frankly, I not too sure about that. The EPEC is a one time thing, to allow you to find a job in Singapore. It's not very clear whether the EPEC loses it validity upon you securing that job. This is one time it would pay to give MOM a call as you could be in for a rude awakening otherwise.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Thu, 10 Mar 2011 5:16 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Frankly, I not too sure about that. The EPEC is a one time thing, to allow you to find a job in Singapore. It's not very clear whether the EPEC loses it validity upon you securing that job. This is one time it would pay to give MOM a call as you could be in for a rude awakening otherwise.
Actually SMS has a point, your LTSVP would have been cancelled when your EP came in to force. So, leave current job, EP is cancelled and you will be given 14 days to pack bags and head to Changi.

nicole.du

Post by nicole.du » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:54 am

hi, I think EPEC validation date is not the key point.
EPEC is valid for 2 years to let you apply for a LTSVP. But LTSVP's valid period is only 1 year.... if you have been working in your current company for more than 1 year, your LTSVP has expired already

BoyzUgly

Apply EPEC after EP canceled

Post by BoyzUgly » Fri, 18 Mar 2011 1:00 am

Hi,

I'm currently cancel my EP and now on Social Visit Pass for 30days.
With this condition, am I eligible to apply for EPEC?
Already checked the MOM website for EPEC related matter, but it didn't mention for those with conditions like me.

Thanks in advance for help.
Just go with simple life.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Apply EPEC after EP canceled

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 18 Mar 2011 2:28 pm

BoyzUgly wrote:Hi,

Already checked the MOM website for EPEC related matter, but it didn't mention for those with conditions like me.

I thought EPEC is for people who haven't found a job here .. if you had an EP, you are not in that group anymore ..

BTW, Did you ask MOM ??? :? :?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Apply EPEC after EP canceled

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 18 Mar 2011 3:02 pm

BoyzUgly wrote:Hi,

If you have not applied for EPEC earlier and used it, you can now apply for EPEC. But the approval is on case to case basis. Meaning to say you can apply since you want to find a job in SG

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 Mar 2011 3:31 pm

BoyzUgly is going to run into a problem more than likely. While he can apply for, and probably get an EPEC (because he has already qualified for it by already having received an employment pass), the odds are against ICA giving him one as they will know it's a ploy just to stay in Singapore. They aren't stupid. That one is obvious from a long, long way off. Getting an EPEC does not mean you automatically get an LTVP. We've already seen them get EPECs and ICA not grant the LTVP right here on this forum (and in that instance, the EPEC holder hadn't even worked here before). So, go ahead, give it a try, but don't be surprised if you don't get the LTVP, considering that it is the only reason you are applying for it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 18 Mar 2011 8:20 pm

better try for another job and try to get into EP as soon as possible.that will be a good option