Singapore Expats

The Healthcare field in SG

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
desiby

The Healthcare field in SG

Post by desiby » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 12:53 pm

Hi all!
I'm a recent graduate here in the US, from Dental Hygiene, but we could say that I have roughly about 1+ year experience. I wanna pratice Dental Hygiene in SG and looking to get hired by a dentist as an "Oral Health Therapist" (as it's called in SG). My questions
- What's The healthcare field like job-wise especially in the dental field?
- what are my chances of getting an EP? (I know there is a plethora of dentists in SG. Would they be prone to hire OHTs? is there a need?)
Thanks for your input!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 3:36 am

If you want the honest truth, you will be competing with the locals here as the dental school produces a record number of local graduates every year.
Moreover your number of years in this field is too short for one to take notice. It is blunt but this is the truth but please do not stop from trying as you might get lucky.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

aquariuswinnie

Post by aquariuswinnie » Thu, 24 Mar 2011 11:52 am

Unless you are willing to settle for very low pay, and you wouldn't be in the EP category. They have a large influx of foreigners in your job that are also willing to settle for lower pay, so wishing you the very best of luck!