Singapore Expats

The Art of Turning

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

The Art of Turning

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 05 Mar 2011 5:07 pm

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Sat, 05 Mar 2011 5:12 pm

I will put money down he is not Singaporean :lol:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 05 Mar 2011 6:33 pm

I think I turned at that spot with my low loader :lol: :P Definitely not Singaporean!

Sad Panda

Post by Sad Panda » Sat, 05 Mar 2011 10:12 pm

Whoever drove that need to give lessons... probably to this driver
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uLECuGK07U
"The problem with quotes online is that you never really know if they are real." ~ Abe Lincon

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 06 Mar 2011 1:25 am

:o wow!

p.s. Looks like taking pine-tree lumber out of a European forest (judging by the name on the front of the truck).
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 07 Mar 2011 9:21 pm

I was in the mountains of Fujairah in UAE in 69/70 long before they built highways. the only access was over the Mountains, I was driving an armoured half cab bedford, with 22, 45 gallon drums of Avtur/Avgas, I had informed our officer in charge that the wagon was overloaded and wouldn't get up the slope, which was very very steep, four wheel drive 1st gear, low ratio when it suddenly gave up, and started rolling backwards quite rapidly and the brakes couldn't hold it either.

My passenger made a jump for it has, there was a drop down the cliff side a good 500 meters, and the width of the track was the width of the Bedford plus about 4ft.

I was able to run it slowly to a stop, in the side of rocks and REME winched me the whole way up, it was quite a thriller too.

Those where the days, been stuck a few times in the desert too, sunk to the axels all alone one truck, with the right survival equipment though to get out. Love the desert and loved wild Fujairah back then. Often drove cross dessert from Sharjah to Abu Dhabi fort, where the TOS camp was.

Though the Libyan minefields are much more challenging once your in the area, not knowing which way is in or out, you just have to keep driving, 3 armoured wagons lost wheels. The area is only marked with white stones and very few signs, left from the second world war, you can actually still see Tiger tank tracks from the war period, which are very wide indeed, compared to a normal tank. German helmets we found too in a underground booby trapped hospital There I go rambling again, in the rubbish area :oops: Though I must admit, I could turn that trailer in my younger day :wink:

Sad Panda

Post by Sad Panda » Mon, 07 Mar 2011 10:11 pm

ksl wrote:I was in the mountains of Fujairah in UAE in 69/70 long before they built highways. the only access was over the Mountains, I was driving an armoured half cab bedford, with 22, 45 gallon drums of Avtur/Avgas, I had informed our officer in charge that the wagon was overloaded and wouldn't get up the slope, which was very very steep, four wheel drive 1st gear, low ratio when it suddenly gave up, and started rolling backwards quite rapidly and the brakes couldn't hold it either.

My passenger made a jump for it has, there was a drop down the cliff side a good 500 meters, and the width of the track was the width of the Bedford plus about 4ft.

I was able to run it slowly to a stop, in the side of rocks and REME winched me the whole way up, it was quite a thriller too.

Those where the days, been stuck a few times in the desert too, sunk to the axels all alone one truck, with the right survival equipment though to get out. Love the desert and loved wild Fujairah back then. Often drove cross dessert from Sharjah to Abu Dhabi fort, where the TOS camp was.

Though the Libyan minefields are much more challenging once your in the area, not knowing which way is in or out, you just have to keep driving, 3 armoured wagons lost wheels. The area is only marked with white stones and very few signs, left from the second world war, you can actually still see Tiger tank tracks from the war period, which are very wide indeed, compared to a normal tank. German helmets we found too in a underground booby trapped hospital There I go rambling again, in the rubbish area :oops: Though I must admit, I could turn that trailer in my younger day :wink:
ksi, you sir are one BAMF.

"The problem with quotes online is that you never really know if they are real." ~ Abe Lincon

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 07 Mar 2011 10:31 pm

:) oso say

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 12:03 am

:lol: hee hee I'm too wise for that. An individuals actions determines his fate, besides Karma is far more satisfying at my age. Though vibrations in life and surroundings are very important to understand :-|