Singapore Expats

Jetstar Is Recruiting Again!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 8:18 pm

hey all...

guess my estimate was wrong... cos I tot they were gonna recruit 30+.. but I think since the guys that went for contract signing today already updated us here that should be the most accurate information.

happy tree is right when he/she said that they will call up those that didn't get the call if anyone gets eliminated during security and medical. security people seldom fail it, but medical maybe 1 or 2 out of the whole lot might not make it. have to be physically fit to fly you see. :)

anyway, you can always try again:) take this time to review how much you want this job... why.. think of whether you can take the homesickness... it's easier said than done. anyway, a lot of chances, a lot of airlines.. doesn't mean if JQ doesnt accept you means u won't succeed at other airlines. different airlines look for different things in their crew. having said that, I must add that although JQ is a low cost carrier, it has employed lots o great people. :)

keep trying and good luck! :)

Rosemoon
Regular
Regular

Post by Rosemoon » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 8:41 pm

Has pple ever turn down the offer... Can I try for the next interview... I really wonder y I was not chosen so that I can be careful the next round... Whitepetal any advise...

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 9:32 pm

Rosemoon wrote:Has pple ever turn down the offer... Can I try for the next interview... I really wonder y I was not chosen so that I can be careful the next round... Whitepetal any advise...
well I believe some people do turn down the offer regardless of the airlines.. heard from my friends that some people will change their mind at the last minute due to personal commitments and stuff.

are you the lady that said that the interviewer said that you passed after the swimming? just to let you or the person that said it know, after the swimming test if they say u pass it doesn't mean u pass the interview.. means that you pass the swimming test. it still depends on the 1-1 interview... and your overall performance.

well definitely u can try again! don't be depressed already... be happy and confident :) you can do it! ;)

Labellavita

Post by Labellavita » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 9:52 pm

Hi whitepetals,

One of my friend got a call saying she's shortlisted but they haven't called her for contract signing. Any views on that? She's also confused as she haven't gotten the call for contract signing

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:07 pm

Labellavita wrote:Hi whitepetals,

One of my friend got a call saying she's shortlisted but they haven't called her for contract signing. Any views on that? She's also confused as she haven't gotten the call for contract signing
maybe she's joining the next batch? I have a friend who's in but was overseas and didn't manage to gofoe the contract signing yesterday. not too sure though can't give a definite answer about that since I'm not doing the recruitment.. only giving some views from my past experience :)

Rosemoon
Regular
Regular

Post by Rosemoon » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:12 pm

Maybe u can get her to call Peggy...

ben317

Post by ben317 » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 12:26 am

hi all, got through to Peggy earlier today. She said that those who were not called up are most likely not shortlisted, but there is always a chance that they may decide to have a 2nd batch of ground school. the dates for those have not been released yet (cos they have to wait for the aus office to get back to them) but she said it will most likely be sometime around June. She also said that it is ok to reapply during the next recruitment and that there is no limit on the no. of times you can apply.

dont give up guys. plenty of other opportunities out there. its not the end of the world :)

Rosemoon
Regular
Regular

Post by Rosemoon » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 8:19 am

O... But during tge briefing they told us that the ground school is in June... Well since we r not chosen it's ok we can try again... M sure will have tge luck the next time... :-)

Alfigaby

Post by Alfigaby » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 9:47 am

whitepetals wrote:
Labellavita wrote:Hi whitepetals,

maybe she's joining the next batch? I have a friend who's in but was overseas and didn't manage to gofoe the contract signing yesterday. not too sure though can't give a definite answer about that since I'm not doing the recruitment.. only giving some views from my past experience :)
Hi all good morning singapore!
Im alfi n i went for the intv on te 9 and 10. Received a cAll on the 17th of feb at 10am to say i was shortlisted. I was overseas too and just came back last night and so ive not gone down to sign the contract too. Congrats to all who managed to pass thru the intv and for tgose who have not got any calls pls try again. It was my first intv in 2 years.. Previously tried For emirates.
Just b yourself for any airline intv n i tink the trick is not to be too loud. :)

Cheers and see u during ground training mrframe
And
Nabilah.

Alfigaby

Post by Alfigaby » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 8:05 am

Mr frame can pm me ur ctc no.? I will giv u a kol cos i cant pm yet.

Alfi

pinkladys
Regular
Regular

Post by pinkladys » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 12:12 pm

Congrats to all who made in all the way. M Frame.. your dream came true. SO happy for u.

pinkladys
Regular
Regular

Post by pinkladys » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 12:13 pm

To those who have already sign the contract. Did Jetstar mention anytime about the next walk in interview? Cheers

pinkladys
Regular
Regular

Post by pinkladys » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 12:15 pm

Those who didnt make it all the way, is ok.. U guys did your very best. At least u guys went all the way to finish the 3 rounds. Not like me who didnt make it to the final round. WE can try the next walk in interview. I guess the written test do matter afterall. Try again untill we sucess if that is really your dream .

happy-tree2011

Tips for Interview

Post by happy-tree2011 » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 3:00 pm

Following tips for you if you're interested to go jetstars interviews in future:

1. Read up all the information and latest info on the airline you're going to interview especially their flying route.

2. Try to practise the interview questions with your friend and ask for their feedback. This will eventually increase your confident level when speaking with the interviewer and well-prepare to answer interviewer questions smoothly.

3. For all interview round, dress professionally (wear long sleeve shirt, no bright color) and be there as early as possible. First impression is very important. This shows you respect the interview and interviewer will take note on that.

4. During Q & A session, try to ask questions only related to how can your values can contribute to the company. (E.g, training and further career development etc). Don't ever say anything bad or compare about your current or previous company with jetstars, this will definitely be a minus point.

5. If the interview round has group games, don't keep quiet. Don't be afraid to ask around if you have any doubt. But don't over do it. Try to contribute your ideas during discussion and try to listen to others' ideas. Take initiative and be a good team player are the key words.

6. Swimming test, try to swim one shot without pausing or any hestiation when you're going down the pool. Interviewers are watching you at all times.

Good luck to all.

Cheers

pinkladys
Regular
Regular

Post by pinkladys » Fri, 04 Mar 2011 1:09 pm

Hi Happy Tress, just wanna ask u sth about the swimming test. How was it done? U go down the pool than swim across? Any goggles or aids to use? Tks