Singapore Expats

It's 2011....Tell us your success in PR application..

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
filexpat

Post by filexpat » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 8:50 pm

Guys... whatever it is... Whatever you all think... What I want here is to hear success from others and compare our prospective withem.. and I think there is no harm doing this.. if you still want to give remarks or sarcastic opinions I can't stop you all..

...and for allthose still want to share i appreciate all those shares...

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:55 am

filexpat wrote:Guys... whatever it is... Whatever you all think... What I want here is to hear success from others and compare our prospective withem.. and I think there is no harm doing this.. if you still want to give remarks or sarcastic opinions I can't stop you all..

Ask your buddy, or6v. You must know him well since he posts from the same IP that you do.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 2:02 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
filexpat wrote:Guys... whatever it is... Whatever you all think... What I want here is to hear success from others and compare our prospective withem.. and I think there is no harm doing this.. if you still want to give remarks or sarcastic opinions I can't stop you all..

Ask your buddy, or6v. You must know him well since he posts from the same IP that you do.
:lol:

The Talon of Death swoops!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 3:06 am

My tagalog is not good but I try to explain in Taglish

Napaka Ito ay upsetting para sa isang bagay na gusto mo na masama ngunit hindi maaaring makakuha ng ito
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Ginner-Sg

Post by Ginner-Sg » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 9:34 pm

7 mths of waiting got approved on Saturday. Wife singaporean and me...... studying. Highest Q is G.C.S.E. Sooooooooo i think i was very lucky, expect for losing Passport at weekend :mad: :oops:

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 10:04 pm

^^^^^^

Congratulations and well done.

uc
Regular
Regular

Post by uc » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:06 pm

Ginner-Sg wrote:7 mths of waiting got approved on Saturday. Wife singaporean and me...... studying. Highest Q is G.C.S.E. Sooooooooo i think i was very lucky, expect for losing Passport at weekend :mad: :oops:
Congrats....but what was ur spouse's salary and any kids?

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:26 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:My tagalog is not good but I try to explain in Taglish

Napaka Ito ay upsetting para sa isang bagay na gusto mo na masama ngunit hindi maaaring makakuha ng ito
@Mad Scientist: Did you try using an online translator for your line above? You could just have sent a PM and I'll translate for free! :)
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 3:32 am

Asian_Geekette wrote:[
@Mad Scientist: Did you try using an online translator for your line above? You could just have sent a PM and I'll translate for free! :)
Yeah , I forgot many of the vocabs. I tried to write it myself and it looks funny hence the translator. It has been awhile I tried to write and read in Tagalog. I did live there in Taguig and San Fernando in Manila for quite awhile and in Mactan. I have lost this language completely I guess.
Anyway, I was trying to make OP understand that although I knew how the process is done internally under SOP but political climate and the tweaking of the policy is the hard part to guess which way it will go on his application.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

filexpat

Post by filexpat » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 7:45 pm

Ginner-Sg wrote:7 mths of waiting got approved on Saturday. Wife singaporean and me...... studying. Highest Q is G.C.S.E. Sooooooooo i think i was very lucky, expect for losing Passport at weekend :mad: :oops:
Congrats.. and thank you for sharing.. 7 months.. that was long wait..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 8:30 pm

7 months? Is that all? You should thank your lucky stars. Most LPR applications are now taking up to 14 months for approval. So you got yours reasonably fast. You really didn't have to wait all that long. If you were qualified by both the PTS and family ties it makes it easier, but it's still not a skate in the park. Good thing your wife wasn't a PR though as it's getting pretty sticky for those. Children are not relevant but they help. How long were you married. That's the key, not the children.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 1:15 am

filexpat wrote:
Congrats.. and thank you for sharing.. 7 months.. that was long wait..
No it wasn't a long wait at all. Just shows you don't understand the whole process. 3 months is real short processing time. 7 months, OK, with thanks. Expect a year to 2 years otherwise.

You... methinks, closer to 24 months before you get an answer.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 1:56 am

Should the eagle be branded as 'Death from above', or the 'Death of hope' :lol: :wink:

basilbaby1990

Post by basilbaby1990 » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 4:32 pm

My PR approved last week after 4 months .......Thank God....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 5:34 pm

I doubt seriously that he hand anything at all to do with it. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers