Singapore Expats

Rhinoplasty-- Woffles Wu or Martin Huang?

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
justwannabehappy

Rhinoplasty-- Woffles Wu or Martin Huang?

Post by justwannabehappy » Thu, 13 Jan 2011 5:02 pm

Hi,

For nose surgery, anyone out there who had experience with them? Care to share?.....

rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Thu, 13 Jan 2011 5:10 pm

no but i have heard bad comments on W and their prices are very high.

I personally would opt for overseas and use the money to travel.

Nespress88

Post by Nespress88 » Fri, 14 Jan 2011 2:14 pm

Woffles for sure. I had mine done by him last year june and I never regret a single part or cent abt this. Yes, he is expensive but I believe not many surgeons can match his artistry and skills. This nose of mine exceeded all my expectations and I got more than what I hoped for. Rhinoplasty is not just about inserting a piece of silicone and stitch you back. The tip refining, the nasal bone narrowing using rasp, obtaining cartilage from ears and judging what amount to stack on top of tip end of the silicone/goretex - I really think you need someone more than just a title of Plastic Surgeon to do this well.

I got mine done just perfect, or like what Woffles always say when he reviewed me ' BEAUTIFUL, just BEAUTIFUL!!!' :) Good luck!

justwannabehappy

Post by justwannabehappy » Fri, 14 Jan 2011 4:16 pm

Hi rhinose, i can only get it done in sg...

Hi Nespress88, wooooah nice! thanks alot for sharing.. i had already consult martin huang but after reading some forums about him and woffles... i'm totally confused... booked next week for consultation with woffles, so scared.. hope all goes well :? :? :?

Nespress88

Post by Nespress88 » Fri, 14 Jan 2011 8:58 pm

According to my own experience as well as others, Woffles tend to be more dramatic (as in you will noticed a drastic difference before and after) with his nose job. Also his techniques are usually more complex than others. Or at least he will use at least a few techniques in combination. For my case alone, aside from the goretex (not silicone) used, he did shave (with all his MIGHT!!, I could feel myself almost dropping off the surgery table) down my nasal bones a lot using a metal rasp, drill my ear open literally to collect cartilage, placed all cartilage on top of the nasal tip before stitching my nose back. The nasal bones made my nose looked very wide before. Like a patch of bump along and beside the bridge.

Martin on the other hand tends to produce more subtle results. Most might not even noticed you had anything done with him. Etc A friend of mine had her done with him and it was too subtle for me. A good example is the famous blogger Xiaxue. She has had her nose job done by Martin but she still up till now, periodically, goes and get filler done to her nasal tip as she finds that the tip is still not ideal or as defined as she wanted.

A good nose job should benefit and last you for many many years to come. I wish you the best of luck in your consultation with Woffles!!

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinkyice » Sun, 16 Jan 2011 2:39 am

Nespress88 wrote:Woffles for sure. Yes, he is expensive but I believe not many surgeons can match his artistry and skills.
In Singapore, maybe...but not so if you compare to countries like Korea.
For one, I believe surgeons in Korea have more experience (bigger market).
The reason plastic surgery is cheaper in Korea is because of intense competition.

Lee Ann

Post by Lee Ann » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 8:57 pm

Nespress88 wrote:Woffles for sure. I had mine done by him last year june and I never regret a single part or cent abt this. Yes, he is expensive but I believe not many surgeons can match his artistry and skills. This nose of mine exceeded all my expectations and I got more than what I hoped for. Rhinoplasty is not just about inserting a piece of silicone and stitch you back. The tip refining, the nasal bone narrowing using rasp, obtaining cartilage from ears and judging what amount to stack on top of tip end of the silicone/goretex - I really think you need someone more than just a title of Plastic Surgeon to do this well.

I got mine done just perfect, or like what Woffles always say when he reviewed me ' BEAUTIFUL, just BEAUTIFUL!!!' :) Good luck!
HI there, welcome to the club, i'm glad you love your nose. I do too ! I did mine with Woffles last dec & after reading all the horror stories on rhinoplasty gone wrong, I'm glad I went with him.

Its only been 2 mths but people I meet in the streets (who are unaware that I had work done) always complement me on my nice nose. Best thing, it doesn't look like a nose job.

w_i_g

Post by w_i_g » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 12:27 am

Hi, Lee Ann

May i know ur nose look sharp (tip) and high (bridge) after surgery ?
Thank you!

Lee Ann

Post by Lee Ann » Sun, 20 Feb 2011 8:32 am

w_i_g wrote:Hi, Lee Ann

Thank you!
Yes, its definitely sharper. I didnt raise the bridge as I've already got a decent one. I merely reduced the tip & he also lowered it slightly (to prevent what he says might turn out to be a pig like appearance).

Digressing, I was so happy with my nose that I went to fix double eyelids last weekend ! But that was a really scary experience. WW recommended an epicanthoplasty + double eyelid surgery though eventually, we went for jus the latter. I dont think I have the guts to do any further eye work. It was possibly the scariest thing I've done in my life ! :|

babyangel11
Regular
Regular

Post by babyangel11 » Mon, 21 Feb 2011 3:50 am

Lee Ann wrote:

Thank you!
Yes, its definitely sharper. I didnt raise the bridge as I've already got a decent one. I merely reduced the tip & he also lowered it slightly (to prevent what he says might turn out to be a pig like appearance).

Digressing, I was so happy with my nose that I went to fix double eyelids last weekend ! But that was a really scary experience. WW recommended an epicanthoplasty + double eyelid surgery though eventually, we went for jus the latter. I dont think I have the guts to do any further eye work. It was possibly the scariest thing I've done in my life ! :|

Hi Lee Ann,

For your eyes, did you go for the full incision method or the stitching method?

cheers.

sweetmelody

Post by sweetmelody » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 9:15 pm

justwannabehappy wrote:Hi rhinose, i can only get it done in sg...

Hi Nespress88, wooooah nice! thanks alot for sharing.. i had already consult martin huang but after reading some forums about him and woffles... i'm totally confused... booked next week for consultation with woffles, so scared.. hope all goes well :? :? :?
Hi justwannabehappy , how did the consultation with woffles go? Did you proceed with the rhinoplasty?

w_i_g

Post by w_i_g » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 6:36 pm

Lee Ann wrote:

Thank you!

Actually,I had my nose job with the other Dr. which is not satisfy as what I'm aiming so I would like consider to find Dr. WW as you all recommended. I would like to go for epicanthoplasty + double eyelid as well after this. Is it very pain or what? Happy with the result? Thanks for sharing. :)

Lee Ann

Post by Lee Ann » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:17 am

babyangel11 wrote:
Lee Ann wrote:

Thank you!

Hi Lee Ann,

For your eyes, did you go for the full incision method or the stitching method?

cheers.
I did the stitching method - I must say that healing is taking a lot longer than expected. But its prob jus my own inability to heal. Its been 2 weeks & if you look at me, you will def know i went for eyelid surgery ! Haha. *sobs* Most of my frens who went for the stitching method said they were fine after 3 days.

Lee Ann

Post by Lee Ann » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:27 am

w_i_g wrote:
Lee Ann wrote:

Thank you!

Actually,I had my nose job with the other Dr. which is not satisfy as what I'm aiming so I would like consider to find Dr. WW as you all recommended. I would like to go for epicanthoplasty + double eyelid as well after this. Is it very pain or what? Happy with the result? Thanks for sharing. :)
Hi w_i_g,

Yea, I would def recommend him. I'm glad I did (on a recommendation as well) cuz I am really happy with my nose ! was reading a post by an alleged Dr in a forum that patients always have unrealistic expectations about PS & that's why they constantly revise it. Well, I'm thankful that I am very happy with my results - when I look into the mirror now, I actually feel contented with the way I look (except for my slightly puffy eyes, haha).

Well, the injection from eyelid surgery hurts but that's all. WW will give you painkillers post surgery but I didnt experience any pain so I didnt take them. My only gripe about my eyes is the swelling & until that goes down, I cant say whether I'm happy with the eyelid surgery results but i will post sth once I'm better !

Lee Ann

Post by Lee Ann » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:29 am

Anyone here went for buccal fat removal ?