Singapore Expats

Wanted to do a visa extension but can't find my DE Card?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
kitsunde

Wanted to do a visa extension but can't find my DE Card?

Post by kitsunde » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 3:10 pm

Hello,

I'm on a 90-day visitors visa and wanted to see if it was possible to get an extension (from going over the ica.gov.sg site the answer seem to be "probably not") but while I was doing it I noticed I couldn't find my departure card.

I'm not sure when I lost it, but since I'm required to have it when I leave, I'm wondering what I should do now? The ica.gov.sg site doesn't seem to have an answer, the only thing I've found was a hint here: http://www3.ica.gov.sg/eXTEND/Public/eX ... AQs.html#6 but going through the system I find nothing.

Anyone have a suggestions for how I can get a new DE card?

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 3:24 pm

I had a mate who kind of had the same problem. He was here on a 90 day visa and a load of us went to play golf in JB. When he got to immigration desk at Tuas he was asked where his DE card was but he didn't have it with him. He was taken in to an immigration office and they checked his details and the officer filled out a duplicate DE card which was stamped and he was sent on his way.