Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
roxysquare88

Re: Dental checkup?

Post by roxysquare88 » Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:39 pm

there are 101 things to worry and take note when u are at the SQ interview. honestly, if interviewers like you (or if you can make interviewers like you), nobody will care if u have a small birthmark or mole on your face.

that's exactly what happens onboard. if u are the passenger, u will judge the flight attendants for how he/she interacts with you, not so much about "eeek, he/she has a mole." or "eek, he/she has a pimple today."

it's the "likeability" factor.

octoberrush

Post by octoberrush » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 1:25 am

if i have a tattoo on my lower arm and i cover it with concealer, or airbrush it, do any of you think during skin check they will notice? :/

roxysquare88

Post by roxysquare88 » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 2:50 am

octoberrush wrote:if i have a tattoo on my lower arm and i cover it with concealer, or airbrush it, do any of you think during skin check they will notice? :/
Are you a guy or girl?

Interviewers will scrutinize your lower arms, hands, palm for scars and tattoos. You can try to conceal the tattoo, but chances are, under strong light, they will be able to tell.

Some guys might be instructed to fold up their sleeves. I am sure the girls will have a thorough skin assessment.

octoberrush

Post by octoberrush » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 4:03 am

roxysquare88 wrote:
octoberrush wrote:if i have a tattoo on my lower arm and i cover it with concealer, or airbrush it, do any of you think during skin check they will notice? :/
Are you a guy or girl?

Interviewers will scrutinize your lower arms, hands, palm for scars and tattoos. You can try to conceal the tattoo, but chances are, under strong light, they will be able to tell.

Some guys might be instructed to fold up their sleeves. I am sure the girls will have a thorough skin assessment.
hi roxysquare88
thanks for the reply. i'm a girl. so i am really really concerned. i am going to get it removed real soon though.

any advice?
:)

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 8:40 am

if it looks natural after concealing then it shouldn't be a problem. because when they see concealer on your arm, they will ask you to wash it away. They can be very rigid when it comes to girls

Arturius

Post by Arturius » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 2:37 pm

Hey I'm going to ORD in 3 mths and I stay in the North too! Anyone wants to go together pls drop me a PM!!!
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Puccho

Post by Puccho » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 9:25 pm

eh north is.. red line?

slimslee

Post by slimslee » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 9:57 pm

Hi All!

Just wondering, does anyone needs any TIPS for the interview this Saturday? Pls PM me if u need alright?

PS: I've been there, did that :) I might be able to help...

bluefireengines

Post by bluefireengines » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:30 pm

hi slimslee,
I'm new to this forum and I'm interested in going down for sat's interview =) I wanted to PM you but they said I dont have enough posts to be entitled that feature yet =( is there any possible way to get some tips from you still? thanks a mil! =)

Puccho

Post by Puccho » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:40 pm

ahh~ i would love to have some tips from you too, slimslee, but i'm having the same problem as bluefireengines ><

Denny

Post by Denny » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 11:02 pm

Hello all,
Besides slimslee, i can be an alternative as i have also went through the management round.

greenish

Post by greenish » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 1:31 am

i am concerned about the medical check up..must all the sections one have to go through at medical to be at normal or average level? (like blood pressure, glucose level etc) because it's in my family genes that we will have moderately high to high level of cholesterol which can be controlled with medication. would be good if someone can honestly advise..thanks

kim0ra

Post by kim0ra » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 1:52 am

facade wrote:I stay in the north too. Any one wants to meet? :)
hi.. wanna go tgt?

nashikin

hello

Post by nashikin » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 9:16 am

hi all,
just would like to check with all, im 24 years old this year n working in an airline reservation dept with private diploma am i eligible to apply and am i too old for this job?

Deegan10

Post by Deegan10 » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 1:22 pm

I need tips. I really wanna go. But for the skin check, what do they check?
And I understand from previous post, when they take the height measurement, people always tend to be shorter. Why is that so?