Singapore Expats

It's 2011....Tell us your success in PR application..

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
filexpat

It's 2011....Tell us your success in PR application..

Post by filexpat » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 12:27 pm

Hi Guys, It's 2011 can you all share your success in PR application. When did you apply? When did you receive the approval? and some basic information about your status as an applicant.. i.e how long have you been working in singapore, monthly salary and type of pass.. Thanks for sharing...

filexpat

Post by filexpat » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 8:10 pm

Uhmmm.. with 43 viewers so far none of them got PR succesful application in 2011. We want to hear some positive comments here to boost out the nergy of those on waiting for their result... Share your experience...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:15 pm

Absolutely none of the information you are asking for is going to help you one iota on your own application. All applications are different and ICA doesn't devulge their points allocations or methodology. The do that to prevent tailor made applications (like you are trying to do).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 5:20 pm

This website is not the best place to do a survey of that kind because this website is visited either by regulars or people who have a problem with their PR application. So you are never gonna reach your target audience.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 6:45 pm

He's looking for hope not information.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 7:10 pm

I can help. I applied in June of 2007. I got my PR in September of 2007. I'd been working for 2.5 years. The rest is none of your business.

Is this what you wanted to know?

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 7:50 pm

To give you my perspective. I am here since Jul 2009(1 and half years. When I came here they were still giving out PRs quite easily. At that time the advice was wait for 6 months accumulate 6 months payslips and then apply. After 6 months they started tighening and it became like wait for 1 year. After 1 year more tightening and it became 2 years. Now I have completed one and half years and my friends who have completed 2 years have been rejected. So now its like no matter what, only a miracle only will get you a PR.

Having said that I dont have any motivation to apply for PR at the moment as my wife has already got a job on DP. Had she not got, then PR would have been a motivation. I would have liked to buy a HDB, but now with the 5 years minimum stay rule, that also is thrown out of the window.

So really it makes no difference for me whether I am on EP or PR as long as my EP gets renewed every year.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 11:24 pm

similar story. got rejected, told to wait 2 years. while waiting, realized i don't want to stay here anymore.

we should, like, tell our rejection stories! :twisted:
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

filexpat

Post by filexpat » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 6:06 pm

x9200 wrote:He's looking for hope not information.
Hi... Thank you.. That's all we want HOPE... not a sarcastic remarks ..it's ok to give negative opinions but being sarcastic is not friendly and helpful act.. This topic is to compare their success to others who are hoping to get their approval.. and by this they will know their standing as an applicant whether they have a chance or they are totally out of the line...

Thank you for those who understand the objective of this topic... For all you know I am one of the hoping people, willing and wanting to listen a good new from others success...

ranil_19

Post by ranil_19 » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 6:46 pm

filexpat wrote:
x9200 wrote:He's looking for hope not information.
Hi... Thank you.. That's all we want HOPE... not a sarcastic remarks ..it's ok to give negative opinions but being sarcastic is not friendly and helpful act.. This topic is to compare their success to others who are hoping to get their approval.. and by this they will know their standing as an applicant whether they have a chance or they are totally out of the line...

Thank you for those who understand the objective of this topic... For all you know I am one of the hoping people, willing and wanting to listen a good new from others success...
I agree...
If one is nothing to share with, then shut up!
While we truly appreciate people around here even answering
questions any time of the day/night..

Up for the sharing guys. :cool:

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 8:00 pm

It is the best not to give some false, unjustified hopes so what these guys are doing is exactly what you need. Whether you like it or not is a different story.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 9:24 pm

If we went around blowing smoke up your arses, and you are ultimately rejected, who you gonna dislike for giving you false hope? On the flip side, if we give you the honest skinny, rough as it might be, at least, if you beat the odds, you feel tonnes better. If it comes to pass you are rejected, at least it doesn't come as a shock to your system. If you listen to noobs here, who have no inkling of what's really happening here, you do so at your own peril.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:42 pm

I have been on this forum nearly for the past 2 years and have been following the comments and advises that SMS, MS and KSL and others have been giving regarding Visas,PR and few others.The advises that they give are based on their experience and knowledge and have been accurate and spot on.

The advises that they give might be hard to digest at times, but they are true and reasonable. Believe me in this !

They may be harsh at times , but if you search and read through the forum you would know that they would have replied to the same question for more than N times and that is why they are a bit harsh when the same has been asked.

I am not writing this to support anyone. Just my 2 cents of what I felt

--
SF

ranil_19

Post by ranil_19 » Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:14 am

singaporeflyer wrote:I have been on this forum nearly for the past 2 years and have been following the comments and advises that SMS, MS and KSL and others have been giving regarding Visas,PR and few others.The advises that they give are based on their experience and knowledge and have been accurate and spot on.

The advises that they give might be hard to digest at times, but they are true and reasonable. Believe me in this !

They may be harsh at times , but if you search and read through the forum you would know that they would have replied to the same question for more than N times and that is why they are a bit harsh when the same has been asked.

I am not writing this to support anyone. Just my 2 cents of what I felt

--
SF

I think you do but we are not against them.. Just that, sometimes its not good to always hear of one always on the echo of someone.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:28 am

You can always go to the angry board and have the locals there tell you where to go and not let the departure gate at changi hit you in the butt on the way out. :-|

Or, you will have to learn to take the good with the bad. When most who come here with their hat in their hands, and are too damned lazy to use the search function, or think, because their name is spelled differently that their case is "different" well, we have the patience of Job, but even Job had his limits. Common sense would go a long way with some of the applicants who come here. In fact, I sometimes think that the lack of common sense is what got them rejected in the first place. I wonder if any one of you has any idea of how much time we spend, volunteering our time while working full time jobs as well. Have you ever bothered to look at the time stamps on our posts? You hate to get echos, we hate to get people who ask the same questions that have been answered umpteen times in as many days. I sometimes feel sorry for the employers.

OH, for the earlier poster, we are not here to dispense hope. We are here to dispense the facts as we see them. It's up to you to evaluate your chances and develop hope or not. You want hope, go to church.