Singapore Expats

Where to buy .sg & .com.sg domains names?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 14 May 2010 10:44 pm

booey wrote:i like bluehost.com if you're buying server space too as they domain will be free as long as your subscription of the server space remains.

and their service is good, there's live chat and so far no prob with them!
Bluehost is bullsh*t. First, you can't get an SG domain name through them. Second, the "unlimited" space and bandwidth claim is crap... try paying USD 6.95 per month and use a 100 gig of disk space and see what happens. Or use 10 gig of bandwidth... they will cut you off under 'fair use' policies.

No, companies like bluehost offer BS claims because they know the majority of their users put up 3 web pages and use about 10 bytes of bandwidth per month. Try to actually get that unlimited service and get hammered.

booey

Post by booey » Sun, 16 May 2010 3:11 pm

oh man, really that bad?

i don't use that much space. just for my wordpress.org blog...

hmmm.... which other web hosting is good then?

Joreal

Post by Joreal » Mon, 17 May 2010 5:55 pm

any tried singaporehost?

kala.husky

Post by kala.husky » Fri, 28 May 2010 12:16 am

I've been going with http://www.pozhub.com/ for my hosting. Although I've been told that the prices aren't really as competitive as other overseas-based hosts, they've been great so far with the customer service and reliability.

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:31 pm

8.5 months down the road, what is the situation like regarding domain name registrars? Any new players, any company out there that can handle everything electronically, has a great interface for managing all of one's domains?

Or maybe there's a good foreign registrar that also does .sg?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:51 pm

aster wrote:Or maybe there's a good foreign registrar that also does .sg?
Not a chance. That's not the way the program works. You want .sg, you gt a Singapore provider.

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:19 pm

I thought this was the case with GoDaddy doing the likes of Japan or Taiwan but not Singapore.

Any local good registrars then? One where I can register the name electronically (as opposed to filling in forms, even if they are online, and then waiting for the company to manually reserve my domain), pay online, and own the domain instantly?