Singapore Expats

In need of a music loving friend

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
lindso

In need of a music loving friend

Post by lindso » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 3:25 pm

Hello all,
I just moved here from London and love to go and see new music. Indie, punk, post-punk, shoegaze, psychedelia, electro, blues, etc etc etc. My favorite bands are the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Black Keys, Foals, Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, Warpaint, Peggy Sue, Frankie & the Heartstrings, Those Dancing Days, Gold Panda, Simian Mobile Disco, Cat Power, OutKast.
I know there's not LOADS going on here, but there is enough to keep me occupied - I just would like someone to go with. I am 31, female and sociable.
Hope to hear from you. Thanks,
Lindsey

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by AngelJoy » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 5:09 pm

omg YOU GOT ME!!!!
LET'S MEET UP ASAP!!!!!!!!!

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by AngelJoy » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 5:10 pm

see my sig?!
HUGE BLACK KEYS FAN HERE!!

totally an indie nerd!!!

rjwebster401

Post by rjwebster401 » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 9:09 pm

Hey there!

I'm a big Indie fan too!

There's not much of a scene here, but I have found a few cool places...

There's a club on CQ that on a Friday night play lots of old 90s stuff, like Ash, Oasis etc as well as the old faves such as Morrisey.

None of my mates are really into it, but if you'd like to go one night, let me know!

There's a few gigs coming up soon too, The National are playing, so are The Temper Crap, The Villagers and Faithless!

Send me an email if you're interested anyway, [email protected]

x

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by AngelJoy » Tue, 25 Jan 2011 12:36 am

hey im going to THE NATIONAL!!2nd row in the center!saw them last year at Lollapalooza too,they're one of my top 3!!
but i wont be in singapore this friday which means im gonna miss the Laneway fest on 29th.
fortunately i've seen most of the bands.

we should have a little gathering sometimes soon hope in Feb?!

cheers:)

btw,any fan of THE MIGHTY BOOSH?hahaha.

rjwebster401

Post by rjwebster401 » Tue, 25 Jan 2011 10:13 pm

Haha!

Ahh yes, big fan of the Boosh! It was a favourite of mine during my uni days. It used to be on the radio back then and when it was finally on TV, it was on around 3am so it made perfect post night out viewing! I saw them live a few years back too.

I haven't got tickets for the National yet, I'm still trying to find someone to go with!

I'm actually missing Laneways too as I'm out of town, but we should definitely arrange something for soon! I put my email on the post above, so give me a shout and we can continue the conversation there! :)

ash235

hiya

Post by ash235 » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 7:30 pm

Hiya Lindsay,

I just moved here to... I'm Canadian but was living in West London for the last 2 years. Not as aware as I should be with the music scene but definitely keen to hit up a few music venues as I do enjoy most types of music. Message back if you have anything planned and want more people to join you!

Cheers,
Ash

rjwebster401

Post by rjwebster401 » Fri, 28 Jan 2011 8:50 am

Hi Ash,

Sounds good!

Welcome to Singapore! I'm sure we can arrange something for after CYN!

Loops82

Post by Loops82 » Mon, 31 Jan 2011 5:59 pm

Lindsay,

Just moved here too - from Bath, been here a month now.... did you go to the laneway festival on sat night at fort canning? you would have loved it!! Foals played... apart from the rain it was AWESOME!

x

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by AngelJoy » Mon, 07 Feb 2011 9:31 pm

i will be back to Sing on Wed let's fix a meetup by the weekend?

good news is I'm gonna interview THE NATIONAL when they're here:D

so throw questions guys!any question you wanna ask the band.hehe.

cbgb_sg

Post by cbgb_sg » Mon, 07 Feb 2011 10:14 pm

Hi, I'm a big indie fan also and would definitely be keen on joining up with everyone! I just moved here recently and it'd be great to hang out and catch a gig.

In addition to The National, I've also had my eye out on the upcoming Blonde Redhead show.

@AngelJoy, saw the Wicker Park reference in your sig...are you from Chicago?? I used to live there and still have great memories of hanging out in that area, including catching shows at the Empty Bottle!

-K

mrmartins

Post by mrmartins » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 9:31 pm

Just moved recently too. Anyone planning Laurent Garnier on the 18th? I have work the next day but still WELL tempted! Not often Singapore get names like him.
If at first you don't succeed, deny all evidence you ever tried

mseeker

Hi

Post by mseeker » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 10:20 pm

Hi Lindsey

Excellent to see someone else chasing down some good music. I just moved here from London, massive fan of Cat Power, Peggy Sue (saw them at the Garage & supporting Laura Marling), Ben Kweller, Libertines, Noah & The Whale, Deus etc etc and loads of old school stuff (Blur, Oasis, Bluetones, Shed Seven etc) - although I am 33 so this is surely allowed.

Johnny Foreigner are playing on the 17th/18th which might be a good gig, haven't seen them since before Christmas.

Hope to hear from you soon

Mark

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by AngelJoy » Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:01 am

hey everybody i'll be having drinks with my friend at Prince of Wales at 9:30 tonight.
if you're interested just leave your post here i'll pm you my number:)