Singapore Expats

Services of Tiger Airways

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

How was your experience with Tiger Airways?

Good
53%
Bad
47%

Total votes: 19

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Services of Tiger Airways

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 May 2010 10:52 pm

geerang wrote:
I don't get it, so what's so rude about the whole episode?
Well, you have just proven you are definitely a Singaporean. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

geerang
Regular
Regular

Post by geerang » Fri, 14 May 2010 4:35 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
geerang wrote:
What is that smell???
Sgporean in France for one year master degree. Back to Spore by 2011!

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Fri, 14 May 2010 3:39 pm

geerang wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
geerang wrote:
What is that smell???
Your bullshit Image

'nuff said Image

wannabeplasticteen

Post by wannabeplasticteen » Sun, 16 May 2010 11:01 am

Well, I wouldn't mind taking Tiger Airways anyway even if their service is horrible. The airfare is cheap and my main goal is to just get to my destination.

wineman

Post by wineman » Sat, 10 Jul 2010 1:05 am

10 Tiger Airways passengers lost items in luggage
By Zhao Quan Yin, Sharon See | Posted: 09 July 2010 2156 hrs

SINGAPORE : In the past six months, some ten passengers who flew on a particular Tiger Airways flight have filed claims for missing items from their luggage.

They said they discovered this when they arrived at their destination.

Passenger Steven Liang said: "The security lock on my suitcase was missing. I opened my suitcase and saw that it was very messy inside. My brand new iPhone was missing. I bought it in Hong Kong."

Mr Liang said this happened when he flew to Shenzhen, China on Flight TR2952 on May 26.

He said he had asked the airport staff in Shenzhen for help. He was shown a chart containing information on luggage arrivals from international flights.

From the information on the chart, he realised that there had been 10 cases of missing items on this particular flight since December. The highest amount lost was 10,400 renminbi, which is more than S$2,000.

The budget carrier states on its website that it tries to respond to letters within 21 working days.

It lists its hotline and fax numbers as well as mailing address on its website, but does not provide an email address for feedback or complaints.

However, MediaCorp understands that several of the victims who had contacted Tiger Airways still have not heard from the airline.

Tiger Airways told MediaCorp it had received the complaints, but said it was not responsible for the loss of items.

- CNA/al
viva vita!

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:34 am

wineman wrote:Passenger Steven Liang said: "The security lock on my suitcase was missing. I opened my suitcase and saw that it was very messy inside. My brand new iPhone was missing.l
7 words... LOW crime does not mean NO crime

anigulus

Post by anigulus » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 10:58 pm

AVOID tiger airways at all costs! Had a very BAD experience in Nov'10. They brought forward my flight schedule from PEN to SIN WITHOUT informing me! NO call, NO email, nothing! I reached the airport only to find out the flight has DEPARTED!!! Had to fork out RM600 to fly silkair back. Their 3rd-party ground staff can't help u much. Their 3rd-party call centre agents will put u on hold for ages, if you are lucky enough to get thru. They've ONLY a PO BOX address to write to (check out their website if u don't believe). And NO REPLY from them after almost 2 mths!! It's definitely not worth the cheap fares. Get hit by them once and you'll never recover your savings. They seem to have developed CHEATING into an art ... aggressive marketing, overpromise and OVERSELL ... knowing very well they just don't have enough capacity to fulfil their obligations. Then they just conveniently cancel or reschedule flights later on. The resulting inconvenience, distress and extra costs suffered by passengers is none of their concern. Try complaining or seeking refund? They've mastered the art of playing HARD-TO-GET to SHUT YOU OUT!! Call centre doesn't handle refund issues, merely tell u to WRITE IN to that PO BOX address (hey, i really pity those who r illiterate). There's NO tel no., NO email, NO office to walk-in. Then u pray they'll receive your snail mail. And further pray they'll bother to respond. 9 out of 10 will GIVE UP trying. And so the carrier laughs all the way to the bank with your $$$ and artificially makes their P&L looks good to investors. Govt must step in fast to prevent this public-listed company from bringing SHAME to Singapore and PAIN to travellers & investors. It's a potential Lehman Bros or Enron. Many investors will get HURT one day. Temasek Hldgs has an indirect stake in it thru it's major shareholder SIA ... so our nation's wealth is at stake!!!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:11 pm

anigulus wrote:AVOID tiger airways at all costs! Had a very BAD experience in Nov'10. They brought forward my flight schedule from PEN to SIN WITHOUT informing me! NO call, NO email, nothing! I reached the airport only to find out the flight has DEPARTED!!! Had to fork out RM600 to fly silkair back.
Didn't you have a receipt for the flight you booked or at least a print-out from their webpage if you booked online?

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Thu, 20 Jan 2011 12:39 pm

anigulus wrote:(hey, i really pity those who r illiterate).
Oh the irony.

I've flown numerous times with Tiger and so far no problems.

Flying to China in a week and they've brought forward the flight, I received a phone call weeks ago about it offering me a full refund or to change onto another flight, as it is the new schedule is not too bad so we're still going on the original flight. But just to show that they will contact you if something changes and don't always ignore you as this guy is claiming

wineman

Post by wineman » Thu, 10 Feb 2011 1:54 am

JayCee wrote:
Oh the irony.

Flying to China in a week and they've brought forward the flight, I received a phone call weeks ago about it offering me a full refund or to change onto another flight, as it is the new schedule is not too bad so we're still going on the original flight. But just to show that they will contact you if something changes and don't always ignore you as this guy is claiming
Hi
You're very lucky. Was the one calling you a friend of yours from Tiger? I never heard Tiger hired people to call passengers since it is a extremely budget airline. So those who choose to fly Tiger must somehow depends on Lady Luck whether Tiger decides to fly or not.
viva vita!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 10 Feb 2011 3:54 am

I've flown Tiger, Jetstar and Air Asia (the latter many times).

I was happy with all of them.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Thu, 10 Feb 2011 1:51 pm

Tiger airways recently cancelled all its flights to bangalore. I had a booking that was cancelled too. I just recieved an email on my yahoo, that went to my spam. Luckily I check my spam mail too and was able to spot the email in time. If not, it would have been terrible. I quickly booked tickets on Air India.

Another time we went to Langkawi on Tiger airways and the return flight was delayed by 1 hour. But they never informed us. When we came to the airport. We were told there is a delay. But there were other passengers on the flight who had booked quite late and they had the new timings in their itenary.

So Tiger never called me on both occasions. So I feel that if your trip is quite serious, important and cant take any shocks from the airline then better dont book Tiger. Because there is no guarantee that you will eventually fly.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 4:02 pm

wineman wrote:
JayCee wrote:
Oh the irony.

Hi
You're very lucky. Was the one calling you a friend of yours from Tiger? I never heard Tiger hired people to call passengers since it is a extremely budget airline. So those who choose to fly Tiger must somehow depends on Lady Luck whether Tiger decides to fly or not.
Unfortunately I have to eat my own words regarding Tiger airways :(

We were scheduled to return from Shenzhen to Singapore with Tiger on TR2953 at 23.35 on sat 12th Feb. Checked in for the flight at roughly 21.30 and all was fine, boarded the plane on time and sitting there ready for take off.

After about 20 mins we were informed by the captain that there would be a slight delay as we were waiting for the engineer to sign off the maintenance check. Ok no problem, I can live with that.

30 mins later, another announcement saying no news and we're still waiting. Okay.

30 mins later, still no news so I call the attendent who tells me that the main engineer is off today so they're trying to contact him. Okay, getting a little frustrated now.

Finally, at 2am having waited almost 3 hours on the plane, we're told that they're going to have to take us back to the terminal building. That was when some people started to get angry and one Chinese guy was going crazy at the attendants as we got off the plane, I don't speak Mandarin but I'm fairly sure I could tell what he was saying and it wasn't thank you :lol:

So we wait in the terminal with only the airport ground staff to talk to who had no idea what was happening as they don't work for tiger. All the tiger staff stayed on the plane and not one of them came down and tried to apologise or explain what was going on.

At 5.30am the tiger staff came from the plane into the terminal building, and as soon as they came in the door they were surrounded by angry passengers demanding to know what was going on. The majority of the staff were apologetic and looked embarrassed, however the captain proceeded to push through everyone proclaiming it's not his problem and he's done his job and is leaving. Such arrogance only inflamed the matter and people got even more pissed off and basically surrounded the rest of the crew and wouldn't let them leave until they got answers. People were demanding refunds etc... All this time, I just stayed back and watched, no point getting angry as it wouldn't have made any difference and I know that tiger don't give refunds, at this point I was starting to think about other airlines that we could take.

So after they came into the terminal buidling they finally told us that the plane wasn't going to take off tonight and it needed fixing which could take anywhere between 10-15 hours and we would have to go to a hotel. At this point, myself and gf decided that we'd like to get our bags back so we could attempt to try and catch the silkair flight at 11.50am rather than wait indefinitely for tiger. At this point we were told we couldn't have our bags as customs didn't start until 9! (why would customs be needed, the bags have stayed in Shenzhen the whole time?)

We spoke with the captain who demonstrated even greated disregard for the passengers by declaring that he was tired and wanted to sleep and had had enough of the questions, and then said that he didn't care if we stayed in Shenzhen or not and who wanted to stay in Shenzhen (trying to be funny at 6am when people are tired and angry is not exactly clever). At that point I lost my temper and told him that his patronising and arrogant attitude wasn't helping the situation, so he then very theatrically refused to talk to me and basically looked like a Jerry springer guest walking away with a "speak to the hand" gesture. You could see from the looks on the faces of the other staff that they were embarassed by this guy who was supposed to be in charge, the co-pilot basically admitted it to me in not so many words.

So at that point we gave up and went to the hotel that tiger booked nearby, eventually managing to get some sleep at about 8am. The next night we were taken back to the airport at 8pm and checked in for the flight again which was re-scheduled for 22.45. Having boarded the plane, we then sat there for another hour and a half until just after midnight when it finally took off. We landed in singapore at 3.30am on monday morning, 24 hours later than we should have done, thus ending the flight from hell.

Suffice to say, I won't be flying tiger ever again. I can live with a plane having technical problems as that can happen, but I won't subject myself the complete arrogance and distain shown to the people who pay his salary by the cnut of a captain.

And before someone says "they're a budget airline, you get what you pay for", the price was over 1200 return for 2 of us and no cheaper than silkair, we only booked tiger because silkair were sold out on the date we wanted to fly to china, if I'd paid 200 each I wouldn't have been as pissed off

prettyinpink

Post by prettyinpink » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 8:56 am

One bad experience was bad enough for me and I refrain myself from flying with this airline ever again. The plane has a foul smell, seems like the crew is not working hard enough to do some cleaning up. The flight attendants are unfriendly. That particular one time I borrowed a pen and they reminded me to return them in a stern manner. For the amount that I paying to a budget airline, I'd rather fly with Jetstar.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 9:58 pm

Flew back from Manila yesterday on SQ. 3 people in my line... multiple economy lines... and I was done. Had to walk past 100 people in DragonAir check in line... one person serving all... total garbage... tells me I wouldn't come near DragonAir.