Singapore Expats

Dependant Pass Holder Registering Sole Proprietorship?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
RosNic

Dependant Pass Holder Registering Sole Proprietorship?

Post by RosNic » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 1:01 pm

Would appreciate clarification from those in a similar situation who've successfully registered an SP in the last 6 months as heard that in REALITY, MOM and ACRA have been rejecting these applications as govt. wants only Private Limited as demonstration of faith --- much appreciated!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 1:13 pm

Have you bothered to read the stickies at the top of this form re: your topic? :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

RosNic

Post by RosNic » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 1:25 pm

Afternoon multi-tasking sunday morning staple, yes indeed I have. There are a few who've been successful late 2010. Hoping to hear more anecdotal successes and failures, as in-person conversations tend to be the latter. Cheers.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 2:32 pm

Let's put it another way. If you only go by the failures, you will not apply, hence another failure. If, on the other hand, you are optimistic and try, you have a chance of success whereas if you don't try, failure is guaranteed. (anecdotal evidence here suggests that it is possible on occasion). Therefore are you going to give up without a fight? :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

RosNic

Post by RosNic » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 2:48 pm

Let's put it yet another way. Wise to survey the land before sending in the troops. Believe that's the only mature and responsible thing to do - trust you would agree. So if one can learn from the experiences of others ... believe this is one of the meaningful effects of conversation.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 3:48 pm

Suit yourself. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :roll:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 6:40 pm

If you check all the threads on the subject you will soon discover that all the failures, didn't know how to fill in the application correctly, or went to the wrong person at MOM. The procedure as been discussed many many times and no matter how many failures you talk with it will not matter, all you need to do is to communicate with the last two positive applications of 2010, and follow the procedure they did...PM them as its not sure they will come into this thread again.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:43 am

RosNic wrote:Let's put it yet another way. Wise to survey the land before sending in the troops. Believe that's the only mature and responsible thing to do - trust you would agree. So if one can learn from the experiences of others ... believe this is one of the meaningful effects of conversation.
I wonder where Steve Jobs, or Bill Gates, or Thomas Edison or Alexandar Graham Bell would have succeeded if they followed that thought pattern? So, NO, I don't really agree at all. :wink:

toobs

Re: Dependant Pass Holder Registering Sole Proprietorship?

Post by toobs » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 12:15 am

RosNic wrote:Would appreciate clarification from those in a similar situation who've successfully registered an SP in the last 6 months as heard that in REALITY, MOM and ACRA have been rejecting these applications as govt. wants only Private Limited as demonstration of faith --- much appreciated!
Hi Rosnic,
Last week I had to contact MOM & Acra regarding this issue.
Both parties said a entrepass is needed for dependant pass holder.
I believe the rules must have changed this year.

They make it so hard for us DP's

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Dependant Pass Holder Registering Sole Proprietorship?

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 7:20 am

toobs wrote:
RosNic wrote:Would appreciate clarification from those in a similar situation who've successfully registered an SP in the last 6 months as heard that in REALITY, MOM and ACRA have been rejecting these applications as govt. wants only Private Limited as demonstration of faith --- much appreciated!
Hi Rosnic,
Last week I had to contact MOM & Acra regarding this issue.
Both parties said a entrepass is needed for dependant pass holder.
I believe the rules must have changed this year.

They make it so hard for us DP's
They are not correct.

http://www.acra.gov.sg/SoleProprietorsh ... ership.htm