Singapore Expats

LPR query

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Ragavendran

LPR query

Post by Ragavendran » Tue, 11 Jan 2011 1:51 pm

HI

Just a query on LPR

In case of approved In principal LPR , normally time limit granted is one year. If, you were not able to look out a job or not able to travel to singapore for some reason within the granted time limit of 1 year, Can the time lines be extended for another year or so

kindly clarify

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 11 Jan 2011 4:22 pm

Generally speaking, once you have received the AIP (approval in principle) for the LPR Scheme, you have a grace period of up to 12 months to relocate to Singapore. Once you arrive here, you will be given an LTVP of 12 months to enable you to find suitable full-time employment. Upon getting full time employment, if necessary, it is possible to get a further extension of up to 90 days in order to complete PR processing (this can take up to three months). Obviously, if you find a job within the first 9 months, it will not be necessary to get an extension.

So to answer your question, I guess you could say the LPR approval is good for 24 months. 12 months grace period before relocating to Singapore and 12 months LTVP after arrival to find a job. However, I don't think 24 months LTVP's are given any longer (if you were to arrive in Singapore immediately after receiving the LPR-AIP). Once you arrive here, you will get 12 months to find a job.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

adyoung2

Post by adyoung2 » Tue, 11 Jan 2011 7:45 pm

Ragavendran,

Have you recently submitted a LPR application? I've prepared one but have held off submitting the app as I evaluate other potential entry schemes.

Question for you:
I'm curious how you handled the whole process of getting the signatures for all your copied documents as "true copies of the original". I know that upon submission, SMC Consultants will do so at S$5 per page, but as one can imagine this can result in an eye-watering expense.

It would be ideal if this could be done by a notary abroad, but the rules are rather strict saying that only a SG notary, or a SG consular official can do so. I see the latter as no more economical a choice than going with the chaps at SMC... oh and there is no SG consular presence in my country (Canada) just to further limit my choices!

Cheers!
AY

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 11 Jan 2011 9:00 pm

adyoung2 wrote:...SMC Consultants will do so at S$5 per page, but as one can imagine this can result in an eye-watering expense.
The price is cheap. Lots of notaries public here want $20 to $40 per page regardless of document length... truly a bunch of arses.

adyoung2

Post by adyoung2 » Tue, 11 Jan 2011 10:21 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:The price is cheap. Lots of notaries public here want $20 to $40 per page regardless of document length... truly a bunch of arses.
Now that really is absurd - S$20-$40 per page! With salary slips for 6 months, transcripts, income tax returns, etc, one could easily exceed the cost of application in just getting signatures!

Maybe I shouldn't whinge about S$5/page then ;) I just checked the SG Consulate in NYC, and they charge US$4/page....

Ragavendran

Post by Ragavendran » Wed, 12 Jan 2011 2:55 pm

Yes, I have applied sometime in July 2009. Now its almost 6 months...

Regarding the signature - I resides in India, so I get the documents certified here in Singapore embassy for Rs 75 per page. i.e. approx s$2 per page.

For few things I submitted the Originals.. like 6 months payslip, IT return etc.. because in my case pay slip is computer generated slips and IT it is e-filing. so, those copies by itself original. Just a note that I have attached with documents saying that those were computer generated slips and no certified required. And the same has been accepted by SMC

For rest of the things , yes i spent s$2 per page for attestation.

Ragavendran

Post by Ragavendran » Wed, 12 Jan 2011 2:56 pm

Oops.. its July 2010 not July 2009

skkamandy

Post by skkamandy » Sat, 05 Feb 2011 11:27 am

Hi ay,

Other than LPR application, any other potential entry schemes are you considering, say PEP or P1 etc? I come from HK.

Thx,
sk
adyoung2 wrote:Ragavendran,

Have you recently submitted a LPR application? I've prepared one but have held off submitting the app as I evaluate other potential entry schemes.

Question for you:
I'm curious how you handled the whole process of getting the signatures for all your copied documents as "true copies of the original". I know that upon submission, SMC Consultants will do so at S$5 per page, but as one can imagine this can result in an eye-watering expense.

It would be ideal if this could be done by a notary abroad, but the rules are rather strict saying that only a SG notary, or a SG consular official can do so. I see the latter as no more economical a choice than going with the chaps at SMC... oh and there is no SG consular presence in my country (Canada) just to further limit my choices!

Cheers!
AY
Kam

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 05 Feb 2011 11:35 am

adyoung2 wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:The price is cheap. Lots of notaries public here want $20 to $40 per page regardless of document length... truly a bunch of arses.
Now that really is absurd - S$20-$40 per page! With salary slips for 6 months, transcripts, income tax returns, etc, one could easily exceed the cost of application in just getting signatures!

Maybe I shouldn't whinge about S$5/page then ;) I just checked the SG Consulate in NYC, and they charge US$4/page....
What SE said is true. Where I come from , they charge $200 per page !! If you think your is eye watering expense wait till yo do it here. It will definitely blow you away.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

skkamandy

Post by skkamandy » Mon, 07 Feb 2011 5:49 pm

Hi,

Could someone advise which should one apply first, a) LPR or b) PEP or c) Job? :roll:

Thank,
skkamandy wrote:Hi ay,

Other than LPR application, any other potential entry schemes are you considering, say PEP or P1 etc? I come from HK.

Thx,
sk
adyoung2 wrote:Ragavendran,

Question for you:

Cheers!
AY
Kam

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 3:11 am

skkamandy wrote:Hi,

Could someone advise which should one apply first, a) LPR or b) PEP or c) Job? :roll:
Get a job will you !! Please do not post in multiple threads the mods frowned on that ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

skkamandy

Post by skkamandy » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 9:55 am

My fault. I lose the other one and I get no way to remove it after I realize the duplication.
Mad Scientist wrote:
skkamandy wrote:Hi,

Get a job will you !! Please do not post in multiple threads the mods frowned on that ?
Kam