Singapore Expats

moving in feb 2011 - scared - been there done that?

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
charlie_weed

moving in feb 2011 - scared - been there done that?

Post by charlie_weed » Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:26 pm

Will be moving to singapore at the end of feb due to husbands job. am also a new mum to 5 month old boy. am feeling quite scared about leaving family, friends and home. anyone else about to do or have done the same? am hoping survival stories and new friends will help me settle in. no scare stories please!

skay

Re:

Post by skay » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 12:58 pm

Are you in SG now? where you moving from?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re:

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 1:18 pm

skay wrote:Are you in SG now?
Blur like Sotong?
charlie_weed wrote:Will be moving to singapore at the end of feb
:roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

QueenMinnie
Regular
Regular

Re: moving in feb 2011 - scared - been there done that?

Post by QueenMinnie » Sun, 06 Feb 2011 11:31 am

charlie_weed wrote:Will be moving to singapore at the end of feb due to husbands job. am also a new mum to 5 month old boy. am feeling quite scared about leaving family, friends and home. anyone else about to do or have done the same? am hoping survival stories and new friends will help me settle in. no scare stories please!
hey there!

i haven't got any kids, but i did the move over here mid january and i found it a bit daunting. my husband and i have never been out of the country before, and we left everyone we know in australia. but its been a good experience so far. once you settle in, you'll be fine. maybe find some mums n bubs groups on this forum? hope you have a great time here in singapore.

cheers, minnie

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 06 Feb 2011 12:15 pm

@OP; Well. you find a good place to look for help in this forum.

If you need any help if you may find daunting or challenging, YELL,

Someone will be here to render some help

The landscape of the forumers who can assist you in many things

SMS ; THE BIG MAN

SE : STILL THE BIG MAN

X9200, Saint, KSL , JR8, poodlek, MHB, QRM, Plavt and many here equally helpful and will point you to the right direction if you are lost

If I have not said it

"Welcome to Singapore"

" It is a FINE CITY !!"
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 06 Feb 2011 10:41 pm

MS, you do yourself a big disservice by leaving yourself out of that esteemed list of personalities. MS probably has more information in his head about this little red dot that all the rest of us combined!

Anyway, welcome to Singapore and he's right. If you cannot find it using the search function of this site (one of the better search function of a forum I've ever used) just yell, and we'll try our darnedest to find an answer for you. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tpchappers

Post by tpchappers » Mon, 07 Feb 2011 8:42 pm

We moved to Singapore from the UK in August with two young kids so know how you feel. If you're living in a condo there will be plenty of opportunities to meet other Mums. We now both work full time and have a 2 and 3 year old! If you want to e mail me [email protected] would be happy to keep in touch or meet up with you and your family once you arrive for coffee / play date. (PS we're quite normal not internet stalkers!!!!).

Have a safe trip

Theresa :-)