Singapore Expats

Ltsvp renewal ....has anyone done it before and the process

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
uc
Regular
Regular

Ltsvp renewal ....has anyone done it before and the process

Post by uc » Sat, 01 May 2010 12:15 am

Hi all.....please this is for renewal of spouse 1yr Ltsvp application.

Did the renewal online 2wks ago n got the reply saying.............

We are pleased to consider your application for Visit Pass (long term), subjected to the submission of the original documents listed below. Kindly call in person at Visitor Services Centre with the required documents or your application will be treated as withdrawn. .....A copy of this notice
A copy of duly completed Form 14.
1 recent passport sized colour photograph which meets the following requirements to be pasted on the top right-hand corner of Form 14:

The photograph image must be taken within the last 3 months;
The photograph should be in colour, must be taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt finish;
The photograph image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features

Green Long Term Pass Card
Applicant's valid travel document;
Applicant's DE Card
Applicant's Marriage certificate (original and photocopy);
Applicant's Highest educational certificate (original and photocopy);
Children's birth certificates, (if any);
Sponsor's letter of employment stating date of commencement, designation and salary per month;
Sponsor's Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years;
Sponsor's CPF Statement showing monthly CPF contribution for the last 12 months;
Sponsor's marriage certificate;
Sponsor's highest educational certificate (original and photocopy);
Applicant's Divorce Certificate/Separation Agreement
Sponsor's Divorce Certificate/Separation Agreement

My questions are...why do they need all those docs since they had seen b4?
After seeing them,would they issue the lstvp immediately?

would they still give another 1yr or more than this time around?

Please what is next?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 01 May 2010 9:41 am

What is next is to follow the directions sent to you to the letter. If not, forget it. They have a protocol to follow. If you don't follow it, you won't get it. E.O.S. (End of Story). Just do it or don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way through the departure hall gate at Changi.

As for the immediacy and length? That's up to them. They can give you as little as 3 to 6 months and then you have to do it all over again. Thems the breaks.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

uc
Regular
Regular

Post by uc » Sat, 01 May 2010 1:22 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:What is next is to follow the directions sent to you to the letter. If not, forget it. They have a protocol to follow. If you don't follow it, you won't get it. E.O.S. (End of Story). Just do it or don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way through the departure hall gate at Changi.

As for the immediacy and length? That's up to them. They can give you as little as 3 to 6 months and then you have to do it all over again. Thems the breaks.
I have all they are demanding.....what im askin is,what will happen after submitting it...You mean they cant re issue 1yr again?

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 01 May 2010 2:29 pm

It's up to how they feel or whatever the current policies are. No, they don't have to give you 1 year. If they feel good they might but there is no law that says they must. What do I have to write that you will understand? :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hellind

Post by hellind » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 7:09 pm

@uc, I am surprised that they would ask to see all those documents again, for a renewal.

I have a applied for my parent's renewal. Still awaiting for the status.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 8:42 pm

I'm not surprised at all. Too many forged documents have been cropping up in recent years. Apparently good copies. I lost two employees in late 2009 after they had already been working for 6 months. MOM sent a 3 man team 'round to our office and walked in without calling and asked to see these two men. They waited until we were able to retrieve them from the field! Such is the way things have become due to peoples greed. Makes it harder on everybody.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 10:11 pm

I have to say I am a little surprised as well given that this is a renewal. Plus it is not like the LTVP gives you rights to work or anything. I thought SGn bureaucracy was meant to be efficient.

Furthermore - and please keep in mind this is a hazy recollection that could be muddled - that when I went to ICA having applied to renew an LTVP issued under EPEC, to one issued on basis of SGn spouse I was told that they didn't need to see half the documentation their website/e-mail told me to bring.

I was left feeling I'd put myself through a more grueling process than I needed to; that much I remember!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 11:59 pm

Based on various economic and demographic states of flux, ICA and MOM often change their stance. The rules don't change, just the level of detail and/or scrutiny and the gahmen's famous moveable goalposts. :-|

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 03 Feb 2011 1:30 am

uc wrote: I have all they are demanding.....what im askin is,what will happen after submitting it...You mean they cant re issue 1yr again?

Thanks
A minimum LTSVP is 6 months. The longest is 5 yrs. The documents wants to see if to update any changes compare to your previous application. The reply is a standard reply to all LTSVP application.
You can request for extended period based on whatever grounds that you perceived is justified, ICA will decide from then on
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 03 Feb 2011 8:36 am

Then they should request an update if there are any changes. I understand the request to bring over CPF or tax records but showing them n-time our marriage certificate, its legal translation or even worse providing copies of this again again where they must already have a half dozen of it in their archives simply suggest the process is at best not that efficient.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 03 Feb 2011 8:51 am

Agreed, what benefit bringing in say my ROM marriage cert again. My edu documents... who cares you've seen them before and what relevance if I'm not going to work?

Trouble is the minions think that govt processes and systems are so totally perfect because that is what they have been told by their organisations. Try telling a clerk at ICA or MOM that one of their online websites does not work and for sure they will laugh at you as that 'is not possible'.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Feb 2011 1:14 pm

At the end of the day, bureaucracy is bureaucracy. You either want the LTVP or your don't. It's your call if you don't want to keep showing the original docs over and over. It's you that is the supplicant, not ICA nor MOM. Think about it. :roll:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 03 Feb 2011 7:03 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:At the end of the day, bureaucracy is bureaucracy. You either want the LTVP or your don't. It's your call if you don't want to keep showing the original docs over and over. It's you that is the supplicant, not ICA nor MOM. Think about it. :roll:
So you agree SG government bureaucracy can be as lousy as other 3rd world countries then. Ok, cool, noted. 8-) :P

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Feb 2011 8:58 pm

[-X :lol:

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 04 Feb 2011 1:36 am

JR8 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:At the end of the day, bureaucracy is bureaucracy. You either want the LTVP or your don't. It's your call if you don't want to keep showing the original docs over and over. It's you that is the supplicant, not ICA nor MOM. Think about it. :roll:
So you agree SG government bureaucracy can be as lousy as other 3rd world countries then. Ok, cool, noted. 8-) :P
The think is if you went to any of the Ministries website, you will be informed to supply a host of docs although you have submitted them before.
It is the same for me when I register my daughter dual citizenship years ago at ICA. I do not want to sent it to the SG Overseas Embassy as it will takes ages for them to reply . I prepared all docs prior to coming to SG with my daughter for the sole purpose of registering her citizenship.
Only to be told that I do not need to bring my daughter back and only half of the doc were needed. The Commissioner of Oath cum ICA officer cannot even string a single sentence of proper English !! She said" No kneed to cum, waste time to bring yo doorter here. Get loyer sign OK. No kneed to cum !!".
I was really pissed but amuse with her reply.
This is bureacracy at its best !! :lol:
Here I am trying to get all prepared and submitting all the docs and there she was explaining things that was not on the website.
Most Gahmen Officials have a 10 year series question and answer book with them . So if you ask or question something that is out of this book, the answer will be a straight NO.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!