Singapore Expats

PR rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:22 am

pilotmoon wrote:A friend of mine applied for PR late 2008 and was rejected around mar/april 2009, telling her to apply again 6 months later, which she did in December 2009. At that time though, rejections were pretty rampant, so on hindsight, I dont know if it was such a good idea. Nevertheless, she got rejected a 2nd time, the letter came in april 2010. This time, there is no specified date for reapplication. Do you think it's a good idea to apply after 6 months? Or maybe wait a full year?
I really do not know how to advise you as it is going against what I was told yesterday. Maybe your friend application was vetted by the officer that had a bad day or work up on the wrong side of the bed.
Firstly I would be incline to ask your friend how long as he or she been working here and under what pass category ?Salary wise any increment over the years?
When he/she reapply did he/she has something else to add on to his/her status ?
I think wait for a full year is best. This is my guess , please do not take my word for it
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

pilotmoon

Post by pilotmoon » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:28 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
pilotmoon wrote:A friend of mine applied for PR late 2008 and was rejected around mar/april 2009, telling her to apply again 6 months later, which she did in December 2009. At that time though, rejections were pretty rampant, so on hindsight, I dont know if it was such a good idea. Nevertheless, she got rejected a 2nd time, the letter came in april 2010. This time, there is no specified date for reapplication. Do you think it's a good idea to apply after 6 months? Or maybe wait a full year?
I really do not know how to advise you as it is going against what I was told yesterday. Maybe your friend application was vetted by the officer that had a bad day or work up on the wrong side of the bed.
Firstly I would be incline to ask your friend how long as he or she been working here and under what pass category ?Salary wise any increment over the years?

When he/she reapply did he/she has something else to add on to his/her status ?
I think wait for a full year is best. This is my guess , please do not take my word for it
She's been here about 3 years now. She's a P2(or Q1) EP holder, she in in IT field (software). And yes, salary wise, i think there has been yearly increment. When she reapplied , i think she was only able to add income tax return, that is what i remember she told us. But yes, you are right MS, there is no need to rush anyway, so wait a bit longer would be better probably :) Hopefully, when her EP is going to be renewed , which it will eventually, it will not have problems :wink:
go brazil!

black eagle

Post by black eagle » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 4:33 pm

Dear Friends,

I want to know something.
I m here in sg for more than 2 years with Q1 pass.
I got to marry soon and my gf is now with Spass (only a few months ago)
I applied PR in 2009 and rejected.
I want to reapply PR again after marriage. anybody can suggest when can apply again?

(I m graduated from my county and I got a diploma from Singapore and already Registered as Resident Technical Officer with Institute of Engineers Singapore) Is this will be useful in application?

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 5:06 pm

For sure it's gonna look like an application of desperation. I wouldn't worry about it until you have a child and have been married a couple of years to prevent it from looking like a marriage of convenience, especially after having been rejected once already.

But, stranger things have happened, so nothing ventured, nothing gained. If you are rejected again, doesn't stop you from working here, and continuing to work here. In fact, there have been some who have been turned down and were told that they are welcome to work here, but just not resettle here.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 6:15 pm

Black Eagle

Consider reapply after GE and getting married beforehand is my advise
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 8:24 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:Black Eagle

:???: :D
black eagle wrote: I want to reapply PR again after marriage.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 22 Jan 2011 8:13 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:Black Eagle

:???: :D
black eagle wrote: I want to reapply PR again after marriage.
Yeah sounds funny when I read it too. I meant get married first , wait for GE is over then reapply

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Sat, 22 Jan 2011 10:45 am

At the moment the way things are, I would say just forget about PR, ya. Just think it was never available. we hear stories that it used to given out easily like in 6 months. But that is history and its not necessary that history will repeat itself and that too so soon. Sit tight with whatever pass you have and just make sure you are good enough at your job that your job will remain here and your EP will renewed. Thats the best you can hope.

hellind

Post by hellind » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 2:19 pm

I guess we should always reapply with improved credentials

a) Higher Salary
b) Owning a property

My parents PR got rejected. They are depenendant on me, a Singaporean. We will be reapplying after we buy our property. Hopefully that will improve our case.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 3:22 pm

hellind wrote:I guess we should always reapply with improved credentials

a) Higher Salary
b) Owning a property

My parents PR got rejected. They are depenendant on me, a Singaporean. We will be reapplying after we buy our property. Hopefully that will improve our case.
Once you became a Sger, you chances of getting your parent PR under family ties is far greater than others. Even if they failed, LTSVP is a NON Issue.
What you need to do is increase your income earning and wealth in SG ?
If you are married, have kids, male will be best. Of course now is not a good time to reapply but keep on it and you will succeed