Singapore Expats

VISA extension Denied

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mrfraggie

VISA extension Denied

Post by mrfraggie » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 8:45 pm

Hi all, i need a little help about my visa and options

first off my visa expires dec 21. i applied for a visa extension yesterday and got the result today and it was denied. i applied independently cuz im a student. anyhoo my question is i have a singaporean PR friend that now wants to go direct to ICA and apply again. is that possible? because i read that you can only apply for an extension once.

please do enlighten me on the matter. im very much confused and ica didnt even provide a valid reason for denying me of extending my stay in singapore.

mrfraggie

Post by mrfraggie » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 9:07 pm

is there reasoning with ICA or are there cases where they coul reconsider? becuase all i wanted to do was spend xmas and new years here in singapore. i have a valid ID of my university in melbourne(RMIT) which confirms that I am a student. people also are telling me that i should just exit for 5 days in malaysia and comeback. i am open to suggestions.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: VISA extension Denied

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 15 Dec 2010 6:38 am

mrfraggie wrote:Hi all, i need a little help about my visa and options

first off my visa expires dec 21. i applied for a visa extension yesterday and got the result today and it was denied. i applied independently cuz im a student.
It does not mean if you are a student in ONE country, you will be recognise as a student in another country. How in the world did you preceive that? :???:
When you enter SG , you will get a standard bog visa of either 30 or 90 days depending on your passport.

anyhoo my question is i have a singaporean PR friend that now wants to go direct to ICA and apply again. is that possible? because i read that you can only apply for an extension once.

Now you got me confuse ? Your Singaporean friend , SPR does not need extension as he/she is permitted to live in SG as long as the PP and the REP is valid.
For yourself is a different kettle of fish altogether. If you have used up on your Social Visit Pass, take a tour to JB and return back to SG via Changi after 5 days, you should be able to get another 30 or 90 days SVP.

please do enlighten me on the matter. im very much confused and ica didnt even provide a valid reason for denying me of extending my stay in singapore.
It has nothing to do with ICA. It is all about you . If you can have a local sponsor then appealing will be easier through ICA
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

mrfraggie

Post by mrfraggie » Sat, 08 Jan 2011 4:59 pm

thanks for you help