Singapore Expats

Any fellow newbies out there

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
Emilou

Any fellow newbies out there

Post by Emilou » Thu, 06 Jan 2011 6:57 pm

Hello fellow newbies.

Arrived a few days ago and fearing already that life in singapore will consist of swimming, work, skype and eastenders on iplayer.. i know there is much more out there but would love a fellow newbie companion to go exploring with.

I enjoy eating out, cooking and exploring new cuisine, drink in a posh bar always good (must find the best singapore sling on the island while im here) or coffee in a backstreet cafe, sightseeing, concerts, theatre, cinema but also a glass of vino back in the apartment after cooking up a feast.. love to cook but no fun when noone else is there to eat it.

im female, professional, from london..

gosh - this is starting to sound like a dating site personal add - rest assured it is not as boyfriend is back home awaiting my return (although not yet sure when that will be but at least not for the next few months)

Any fellow explorers out there want to get lost in little india, grab a bite to eat after work or catch a movie sometime?

Oh - and happy new year

wsmjackie

Post by wsmjackie » Thu, 06 Jan 2011 8:42 pm

Helloooo there, Ive been here for 5 months but still havent got any chance to explore the city yet. Well... actually just dont feel like going most of the time if only by myself :( so definitely a newbie to the city, and would like to join you...

im 27 f...

since im F too.....definitely wont make your post a personal add on dating sites 8-) LOL

drop me a email, if you got any ideas [email protected]

Cheers!!!

ocon

Post by ocon » Fri, 07 Jan 2011 11:08 am

Hey guys! Welcome to SG! I'm from Aust, f 25 been here for 2 years actually but i left for a few months and came back. the thing with singapore as well is everyone ends up leaving at some point so always looking to make new friends. I've met a few girls on here actually and we organise outings quite often. All around 23-28 age group. If your interested to join us email me at [email protected]

Live the Dream

hi there!

Post by Live the Dream » Fri, 07 Jan 2011 6:34 pm

i just arrived in Singapore on the 1st of January too. However, I'll only be in here til mid-January before returning to Australia.
I'm 28/m. Just looking for friends to explore the island with or just to chill/hang out.
My email is [email protected]

soundsgood_sg

Newbie to this forum

Post by soundsgood_sg » Fri, 07 Jan 2011 11:08 pm

Been in Singapore over 10 years, but always open to meeting up with interesting people for interesting things on this sunny island. [email protected]

Cheers

francesb

Post by francesb » Sat, 08 Jan 2011 9:12 am

Hi there

I have just arrived in Singapore and looking to meet new friends to hang out with. I'm 28 female from NZ. Please email [email protected].

Thanks Frances :)
Frances M Brown
Kiwi girl

Emilou

Post by Emilou » Sat, 08 Jan 2011 10:28 am

would anyone be interested in grabbing a bite to eat on wednesday night, 7pm on boat quay?

i dont know the best places or anything but we could meet and just go with the flow..

if interested please reply to this thread with your email and ill drop a circular on tuesday evening with the details (exact meeting venue and a description of me so youll find me)

francesb

Post by francesb » Sat, 08 Jan 2011 3:42 pm

Hey Emily - yep I'm keen, thanks.
[email protected]
Cheers :)
Frances M Brown
Kiwi girl

soundsgood_sg

Afterwards?

Post by soundsgood_sg » Sat, 08 Jan 2011 4:23 pm

My workday tends to end at 7pm, but I can definitely get over there by 8pm; newbie to the forum, but been in Singapore a while, Boat Quay is probably a little too touristy, even for those who just stepped off a plane... if you follow the Singapore River across the bridge, there's Clarke Quay which has a lot more interesting options for food, drink and chill out?

gizmofreak

Count me in

Post by gizmofreak » Sat, 08 Jan 2011 7:56 pm

I shall make it. Is it confirmed?

NeverBored

Re: Count me in

Post by NeverBored » Sat, 08 Jan 2011 9:08 pm

Count me in for dinner - [email protected]

Live the Dream

yeah!

Post by Live the Dream » Sat, 08 Jan 2011 11:44 pm

Sounds good. Do count me in. [email protected]

DeanSG1

Post by DeanSG1 » Sun, 09 Jan 2011 2:44 am

Yep and its only 2:45 am. Lol. Anyone out there?
DeeSG

beyonce

Post by beyonce » Sun, 09 Jan 2011 2:28 pm

hi Emilou,

i have PM-ed you with my e-mail address. thanks

jetaway

Post by jetaway » Sun, 09 Jan 2011 7:09 pm

I just moved to town this week and would love to get to know more people. Wednesday works for me, but I can't meet until after 930pm, so if people are still out...

email is bradspore 1 (no spaces) at gmail.com