Singapore Expats

UK Drugs conviction - Am I unlikely to get a EP in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:17 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
ecureilx wrote: How in the world you know about CNB regulation. Are you an ASP or SP or S1 or S2 officer ? Hmmmm.....
Well, me not even a foot soldier, if there is on such position .. :(

Sorry if I rained on your parade ..

RugbyLad

Post by RugbyLad » Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:43 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Russians who couldn't afford to buy vodka use it.
Of course! :lol: If I don't have my 0.5L vodka for breakfast I drink Anti-freeze (or perfume). After that as usual I punch my wife and feed my home bear, inly after that I go to the office :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:46 am

Sounds like you've mellowed out in your old age. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

LucasUK

Post by LucasUK » Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:37 pm

Thanks for all the replies. My conviction was simply a posession charge rather than intent to supply / trafficking.

I have requested my convictions via the subject access form through the police so it's just a case of sit tight now and wait for the results. Hoping they turn the request around quickly so I can submit my EP application.

Regards

LucasUK

Post by LucasUK » Tue, 04 Jan 2011 3:16 am

Having looked into this further, I think I may fall foul of the singapore law. The amount that I was found in posession of in the UK wouldn't be classed as possesion in SG, rather it would qualify as drug trafficking.

With that in mind I'm fearful that my offence would be looked at through retrospective singapore sentencing and therefore deny me a visa?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 04 Jan 2011 5:16 am

Maybe time to hire a lawyer for an hour or two?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:48 am

LucasUK wrote:Having looked into this further, I think I may fall foul of the singapore law. The amount that I was found in posession of in the UK wouldn't be classed as possesion in SG, rather it would qualify as drug trafficking.

With that in mind I'm fearful that my offence would be looked at through retrospective singapore sentencing and therefore deny me a visa?
From my limited legal exposure, you sort of summed it up yourself: In Singapore, while there is a distinction between 'intent to traffic' and 'possession and consumption' - the end result sort of becomes the same - GUILTY

Yah, a lawyer may be able to advice you on this- and in a lighter vein, if you are super in demand, MOM may give you a waiver - and will keep a strict eye on you ...

Lawyer it is for you - for best advice.