Singapore Expats

Weekend in Malaysia

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
madmat

Weekend in Malaysia

Post by madmat » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 4:30 pm

Hi,
I am looking at different options to get out of Singapore this weekend.
Has anyone been to southern Malaysia without a car? I have been to Desaru by boat, and have been to Melaka where we had to hire a car which costs us about 700 dollars.
So I am looking for a cheap way of getting out and yet having a nice weekend in the "countryside"... getting the kids to run around in a bit of greenery… perhaps taking a bus or train.
Any other cheap destinations (knowing that we are four) feasible on a weekend are more than welcome (keeping in mind that a flight for four is always expensive!!)
Thanks a lot :)

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Also interested

Post by The Ref » Sat, 18 Sep 2010 10:41 pm

So please dont ignore the OP's comment for "this weekend" and think it has passed.

Thanks.

Dare!

Post by Dare! » Fri, 08 Oct 2010 2:10 pm

Seems u already had ur vacation, but for future, I suggest to visit tioman Island, very cheap and really beautiful, and best place for relaxation....
Look around. And don't get close to people who make you suffer - Paulo Coelho

sunshine2900

travel to malaysia

Post by sunshine2900 » Sat, 20 Nov 2010 12:57 am

hi

The best way to travel to Malaysia is to take a coach, a bus to malaysia or even join a package tour on promotion at any travel agency in singapore. its cheaper that way than hire a car to malacca. There are a lot of tour agencies in singapore offer check package tour to various part of malaysia.

hope this help.
sunshine

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 20 Dec 2010 1:28 pm

Or better still, befriend a Malaysian :wink: you'll get loads of tips and even rides and accommodation... basically locals-only privileges

sg_lover
Regular
Regular

hi

Post by sg_lover » Sat, 25 Dec 2010 11:51 am

if any travel buddy interested to roam around few cities in malaysia. please pm.. me too interested.. dont wanna go alone..

John