Singapore Expats

Tennis kakkis around Farrer Park?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
chelsea0816
Regular
Regular

Tennis kakkis around Farrer Park?

Post by chelsea0816 » Wed, 22 Dec 2010 5:47 pm

Hi,

I have recently moved near to Farrer Park and will like to look for some people who might be interested to play tennis after work some time. My flatmates don't really play tennis so... =(
Which day to play can be arranged. :)

Cheers

AloeVera

Post by AloeVera » Tue, 28 Dec 2010 2:01 am

Hi there, we live near Farrer Park and thinking about starting, though have never played before. If you are patient enough we can try to play together :)

chelsea0816
Regular
Regular

Post by chelsea0816 » Tue, 28 Dec 2010 8:50 am

AloeVera wrote:Hi there, we live near Farrer Park and thinking about starting, though have never played before. If you are patient enough we can try to play together :)
Hihi, pardon me I've forgotten to add, I haven't play in a long while, so I'm more than happy to start again! Which day is more convenient for y'all? Prob we start after the new year? =)

Cheers.

AloeVera

Post by AloeVera » Tue, 28 Dec 2010 11:52 am

Just great!!! lets give it a try :D
I am not working yet so feel free to pick up any time you like and I will be there. Just in case I am 28F. E-mail me [email protected]

chelsea0816
Regular
Regular

Post by chelsea0816 » Tue, 28 Dec 2010 12:53 pm

AloeVera wrote:Just great!!! lets give it a try :D
I am not working yet so feel free to pick up any time you like and I will be there. Just in case I am 28F. E-mail me [email protected]
Cool! I'm 24 F, my email too: [email protected] :D

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Tue, 28 Dec 2010 4:02 pm

What level are you? and do you stay in Kerrisdale or City Square or another place? I tend to play in the mornings 7-8am if you're interested.

chelsea0816
Regular
Regular

Post by chelsea0816 » Tue, 28 Dec 2010 4:34 pm

carteki wrote:What level are you? and do you stay in Kerrisdale or City Square or another place? I tend to play in the mornings 7-8am if you're interested.
Hi there, pardon me, I might have forgotten to add that I play leisurely.
7-8am is way too early for me as I have to start work at 8.30am...
I can play after work though. =)
Btw, do you play competitively or leisurely?

Cheers.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Tue, 28 Dec 2010 5:13 pm

Nope - just play for leisure, but I'm not a complete beginner.
The reason we play mornings is that something always comes up and interfers with your game in the evenings, but mornings the courts are free and only occassionally is an early meeting scheduled which means that the game is cancelled and most importantly ITS STILL COOL (or not quite as hot!)

gardenia

Post by gardenia » Tue, 28 Dec 2010 6:38 pm

I'm staying near farrer park and am interested to join you all, if that's ok. But I can't play in the morning too because I have school.

levin343

Post by levin343 » Wed, 29 Dec 2010 1:25 pm

Hi 23M here - I am interested to join too - Not a complete beginner but at least I can do rally and services. I stayed at Potong Pasir which is quite near to Ferrer Park. When are you guys playing again?

chelsea0816
Regular
Regular

Post by chelsea0816 » Wed, 29 Dec 2010 2:09 pm

Hihi,

maybe, we can mass email and confirm it's easier. Kindly drop me your email add. Cheers :)

My email address:[email protected]

zoemerle

Love to meet up for Tennis

Post by zoemerle » Sun, 16 Jan 2011 7:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm Singaporean but have just moved back to Farrer Park(where I grew up) with my American husband and family after 14 yrs in the states. I love tennis and figured this would be a great way to meet some new people in the area.

I used to play tennis every morning in Key Largo, where it was the Round Robin and would love to meet in the evenings after work or weekends any time.

I was also curious if anyone is looking for just a temporary babysitting job at my house (10:30am - 5/6pm) for the next 10 days ... only cos my mom who watches my 13 mos old son just left for HK and won't be back for 2 weeks :( It would be at my place off Owen rd.

Also, was thinking that there are lots of expats that live in the area that we should try to organize a meet and greet BBQ some time so everyone can get to know one another. I think that would help people like my husband settle in ... It is a good way to build a support group for other people in similar situations. Plus, if anyone wants to know more about Singaporean life or meet some of my Singaporean friends, I have tons and can help introduce you guys to help you settle in here.

We are a very fun, active, nice, normal and super friendly couple. I am 31 and husband 30. He is a personal trainer at California Fitness and I am a Sales Manager.

Call or text me any time ... we just want to meet people and have fun.

Anyway, if you guys have any ideas or want to get together anytime, for tennis, beers, wine, bbq or just coffee, lemme know.

Cheers, Zoe :wink:
Zoe
8113 5447 Call or text anytime

zoemerle

Love to meet up for Tennis

Post by zoemerle » Sun, 16 Jan 2011 7:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm Singaporean but have just moved back to Farrer Park(where I grew up) with my American husband and family after 14 yrs in the states. I love tennis and figured this would be a great way to meet some new people in the area.

I used to play tennis every morning in Key Largo, where it was the Round Robin and would love to meet in the evenings after work or weekends any time.

I was also curious if anyone is looking for just a temporary babysitting job at my house (10:30am - 5/6pm) for the next 10 days ... only cos my mom who watches my 13 mos old son just left for HK and won't be back for 2 weeks :( It would be at my place off Owen rd.

Also, was thinking that there are lots of expats that live in the area that we should try to organize a meet and greet BBQ some time so everyone can get to know one another. I think that would help people like my husband settle in ... It is a good way to build a support group for other people in similar situations. Plus, if anyone wants to know more about Singaporean life or meet some of my Singaporean friends, I have tons and can help introduce you guys to help you settle in here.

We are a very fun, active, nice, normal and super friendly couple. I am 31 and husband 30. He is a personal trainer at California Fitness and I am a Sales Manager.

Call or text me any time ... we just want to meet people and have fun.

Anyway, if you guys have any ideas or want to get together anytime, for tennis, beers, wine, bbq or just coffee, lemme know.

Cheers, Zoe :wink:
Zoe
8113 5447 Call or text anytime

irpalo

want to join too

Post by irpalo » Sun, 31 Jul 2011 4:31 pm

Hi guys,

I live in Potong Pasir, fairly a beginner , played just a couple of months
and would like to join your group to play regularly. please pm or contact me at irpalo123 @ gmail.com.

Please count me in!

Tnx!