Singapore Expats

Life in Singapore?

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
icegirl80

Life in Singapore?

Post by icegirl80 » Sun, 19 Dec 2010 10:40 pm

Hey guys...im not one of you ex-pats yet, but looking to hopefully move out there next year if things work out. anyways hoping you guys can help! just wanted to know what the party scene is like out there? And also which areas are good to stay!

pixfirewall
Regular
Regular

Re: Life in Singapore?

Post by pixfirewall » Tue, 21 Dec 2010 4:54 pm

icegirl80 wrote:Hey guys...im not one of you ex-pats yet, but looking to hopefully move out there next year if things work out. anyways hoping you guys can help! just wanted to know what the party scene is like out there? And also which areas are good to stay!

just do a wikipedia about singapore...and you'll get to know about this place.
By the way, where are you coming from?
pixfirewall
IM & email: [email protected]

icegirl80

Post by icegirl80 » Tue, 21 Dec 2010 9:12 pm

lol I guess that would be the most intelligent thing to do! I guess perhaps just wanted an insiders perspective!!

Coming over from London.

kraze_leo

Post by kraze_leo » Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:36 am

icegirl80 wrote:lol I guess that would be the most intelligent thing to do! I guess perhaps just wanted an insiders perspective!!

Coming over from London.
hey there, well i just moved here 4 weeks ago, and finally have more or less settled down..anyway.. while it helps to check in the internet..you will really need to be in singapore before you can decide where you want to stay etc.. if you want any particular info on what to watch out as a newbie in spore, let me know and i will share my experiance.. as for party scene.. only been out once so far, so i have to really improve on that! :-)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 22 Dec 2010 6:56 am

Quite a lot of the wiki information was written by one of our moderators here. That's a pretty inside view don't you think?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

xiaoqiqi
Regular
Regular

housing!

Post by xiaoqiqi » Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:12 pm

hmm hihi i am a local... sorry to say...
firstly depends hugely on the location of your workplace... i doubt you will buy a car... as it is really expensive here.
next! get a place nearer to the train station... singapore's train system is very convinent.
then depends on you want a good view? or very happening place near the city?
i am staying at the north of singapore which i am very happy about it!
:) hope it helps a little bit...i will try to answer if you give abit more specific direction of what you want.
bored!

icegirl80

Post by icegirl80 » Thu, 23 Dec 2010 3:38 am

Thanks for the below Kraze Leo! I guess staying somewhere close to where the party scene is at! Hopefully a cool view too. I'll probably know more after xmas so will ask you more then!! Thanks for your help!!
kraze_leo wrote:
icegirl80 wrote:lol I guess that would be the most intelligent thing to do! I guess perhaps just wanted an insiders perspective!!

Coming over from London.
hey there, well i just moved here 4 weeks ago, and finally have more or less settled down..anyway.. while it helps to check in the internet..you will really need to be in singapore before you can decide where you want to stay etc.. if you want any particular info on what to watch out as a newbie in Singapore, let me know and i will share my experiance.. as for party scene.. only been out once so far, so i have to really improve on that! :-)

icegirl80

Post by icegirl80 » Thu, 23 Dec 2010 3:39 am

Thanks all!! hope you have a lovely xmas and new years ;)

kraze_leo

Post by kraze_leo » Fri, 24 Dec 2010 12:37 am

no problem icegirl, hope all goes well with you and maybe i see u one day in singapore :) have a good x-mas and new year!

[quote="icegirl80"]Thanks for the below Kraze Leo! I guess staying somewhere close to where the party scene is at! Hopefully a cool view too. I'll probably know more after xmas so will ask you more then!! Thanks for your help!!