Singapore Expats

Dog Kennel / boarding

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Undine

Dog Kennel / boarding

Post by Undine » Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:44 am

Recommendation for a dog kennel - - preferrably with air con for our pooch. We are relocating to Singapore soon and our pet is very important to the family. I just wish suggestions on boarding as I suspect we will be also travelling a bit while we are there[/b]

anderson

Post by anderson » Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:43 pm

You can check out Mutts and Mittens in Pasir ris Farmway 2.

http://www.muttsnmittens.com/index.html

The link here tells a little bit of the place.
Has aircon facilities and all.

Cheers

Undine

Post by Undine » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 5:41 am

Thanks vm.. apprec the website

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 7:07 am

:-k

sweetchocs

Post by sweetchocs » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:37 am

Welcome to Singapore! Besides kennels, you can also consider pet sitters. Do check out the classifieds for help.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 2:05 pm

Plavt, I'm with you on this one. The guy makes two posts, one from Canada and one from Australia? and a new registration answers? Something fishy in Denmark as they say if you ask me. How now? Proxy ISP?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Ratpick_2000
Regular
Regular

Post by Ratpick_2000 » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 3:54 pm

Plavt, I'm with you on this one. The guy makes two posts, one from Canada and one from Australia? and a new registration answers? Something fishy in Denmark as they say if you ask me. How now? Proxy ISP?
SMS - you are right to be wary - DO NOT go near anything in Pasir Ris Farmway 2 - they are all puppy farms and selling 1-2month old puppies from tiny cages. The mothers are out back in the heat, pregnant and often in poor health. They often offer boarding services as they have spare runs available.

That said, has anyone had a positive experience in Singapore with a boarding kennel for dogs or cats? I am still looking for a good one; hence the bump of this topic

Cheers

MauMau

Post by MauMau » Wed, 15 Dec 2010 4:31 pm

Ratpick_2000 wrote:
SMS - you are right to be wary - DO NOT go near anything in Pasir Ris Farmway 2 - they are all puppy farms and selling 1-2month old puppies from tiny cages. The mothers are out back in the heat, pregnant and often in poor health. They often offer boarding services as they have spare runs available.

That said, has anyone had a positive experience in Singapore with a boarding kennel for dogs or cats? I am still looking for a good one; hence the bump of this topic

Cheers
Good luck. We got so many bad experiences with boarding establishment. Now we ask our friend to host our dog. In return, we buy them expensive dinners. Win-win.

kwassieannie

Post by kwassieannie » Sun, 19 Dec 2010 3:03 pm

Look into The Pet Concierge. We take our furry girl there, have done so for the past 2 years. She also goes 1 day a week for Doggy Daycare, this keeps her used to the people and place and gives me a day out where I do not have to worry about her being locked inside our apartment. I heartily recommend them.

happigal

Post by happigal » Wed, 22 Dec 2010 4:12 am

I have nothing but praise for mutts and mittens! We adopted our 2 dogs from there and they helped us to move our dogs to Switzerland. If I am not mistaken, the money they make from boarding pets is put back into their rescue and fostering of those animals in need. Please don't associate them with the other puppy mills!