Singapore Expats

Brit Asian Mum just relocated from London

Need a playdate for your child? Look no further but here.
mangla

Brit Asian Mum just relocated from London

Post by mangla » Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:08 pm

Hi mums,

My family and I have just moved to Singapore this past weekend and my husband is about to start work on Monday and I really need to find friends for myself and my almost 7 year old son and 3 year old daughter.

In the Katong area for the time being but can travel by taxi anywhere. If there's something fun going on or if anyone fancies a trip to peekaboo at Kallang, let me know and I'd love to meet up.

Need advise on International Schools and living in Singapore too!

Cheers,
M

Aniksha

Post by Aniksha » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 12:19 pm

Hi, i have also only arrived about 3 weeks ago. I am also an asian britsh mum of two. A nearly 3 year old boy and a 3 month baby boy. I live in Holland village. Where about from the UK have you come from? Aniksha

mangla

Post by mangla » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 5:34 pm

Hi Aniksha,

We were in Hillingdon, West London. How about you? We're currently living in the East coast but are looking at places around schools we're looking for my 6 year old.

How are you settling in? Would love to meet up, I really miss my friends and family back home already.

With a taxi, I can get to any place.

Take care
M

Aniksha

Post by Aniksha » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 9:39 pm

Hi, we lived in Stanmore (north west London). Imsure you miss your family and friends....but you will find good friends here in no time. Everyone is really helpful and all expats are in the same position. Do you know what school you are thinking of? Perhaps you could cometo Holland Village one day and we can meet for a coffee? when would suit you?

mangla

Post by mangla » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 2:31 pm

Hi Aniksha,

We're still trying to get used to the local timings. How long did it take you and the kids to get over the jet lag?

My number is 81096597. If you're free next week we can meet up some place.

How are you entertaining your 3 year old? I found an indoor play area, much smaller than what you get there, but my kids enjoyed running about this morning. It's in Kallang and there's bowling and an ice-skating rink too.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Take care
M

Aniksha

Post by Aniksha » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 8:27 pm

hello.

My 3 yrs old has now started nursery so he's now kept occupied some of the day. I have a couple of really good friends who i see quite often....

There is also another indoor play area in Turf City which we went to a couple of weeks ago.

my number is 98695157

Can I ask what your name is? As you sign off with 'M'.

If it doesn't rain, do you want to meet for a coffee on either on Wedneday or Thursday morning? Perhaps give me a call in the morning.

Speak soon
Aniksha

Amsterdammer

Post by Amsterdammer » Sun, 19 Dec 2010 3:04 am

Hi mums, I'm a Singaporean living in Amsterdam. I will be visiting home for about 5 weeks in Jan and would love to find some playmates for my 2.5 year old daughter. If you fancy meeting up, drop me a note at [email protected]. Cheers,Gowri