Singapore Expats

Customs might have my package?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
intime0
Regular
Regular

Customs might have my package?

Post by intime0 » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 9:04 am

How will you know if customs has your mail? I ordered some toys for my son in NOVEMBER and still havent gotten them. Wondering if they are stuck in customs. Shouldnt they notify me or something?

Calmday
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Calmday » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 9:43 am

Did you get a tracking number? I haven’t had any issues with Customs here. They did open a package one time bet that was because it didn’t have a packing slip on the outside.

intime0
Regular
Regular

Post by intime0 » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 2:55 pm

I'm embarrassed to say what I ordered. I just ordered it without thinking...I'm from America and I ordered it from my favorite toy store for my son for christmas. I knew he'd love it. Without giving it a second thought.

today when I got a letter in the mail (Shortly after this post) I realized how stupid it was of me. Oh man. Hope they dont arrest me.

I ordered a toy gun.

<ducking>

anyone know if I'm in trouble? or will they just send it back?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 3:45 pm

:oops!: :shit:

Was probably confiscated. Don't know if/how you can check. You wouldn't be in any trouble I wouldn't think. But you wouldn't be able to get the toy either. Odds are, you'll still have to pay for it but you won't get it or get it returned either.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 3:57 pm

intime0 wrote:Hope they dont arrest me.

I ordered a toy gun.

<ducking>

Gosh, that's funny.

If you are in trouble the letter would probably have said so. I can't believe they took a year to notify you.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 4:41 pm

I believe it's only a couple of weeks since November, not a year. Or did "I" miss something. :o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 4:48 pm

A bit too late for the OP but here are some items of reference;

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/archive/t-265544.html (see post by jpatokal)

Reference: http://www.spf.gov.sg/licence/AE/others/List_AE.pdf
Last edited by Plavt on Fri, 17 Dec 2010 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 4:59 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I believe it's only a couple of weeks since November, not a year. Or did "I" miss something. :o
My bad :oops:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 8:22 pm

intime0 wrote:I'm embarrassed to say what I ordered. I just ordered it without thinking...I'm from America and I ordered it from my favorite toy store for my son for christmas. I knew he'd love it. Without giving it a second thought.

today when I got a letter in the mail (Shortly after this post) I realized how stupid it was of me. Oh man. Hope they dont arrest me.

I ordered a toy gun.

<ducking>

It's probably still in the Singaporean postal department, you need to ring the customer service and tell them you haven't received the package from USA...you will then be passed on to the USA department of undelivered parcels, your parcel will have been opened for inspection. Though the postman if he cannot deliver becuase he's too lazy to, will just take it back and say he couldn't find the place, if it meant any effort on his part. It happened to me too and the package had been sitting in the undelivered department for a week.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:30 pm

If it was order from the US, then there will be a customs declaration affixed to the outside stating the contents and value. If it says toy pistol, it will be flagged for inspection.

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:33 pm

what type of toy gun?

Some toy are not allow under AE

AE FAQ
http://www.spf.gov.sg/licence/AE/FAQ/AE.html

List of Prohibited Items for Persons Travelling to Singapore
http://www.spf.gov.sg/licence/AE/others/List_AE.pdf

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:41 pm

therat,

You would save yourself some :oops: if you would read the thread first. The links already have been posted. :wink: