Singapore Expats

Beware of your Employment Agreement Term....

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Ecchi

Beware of your Employment Agreement Term....

Post by Ecchi » Fri, 03 Dec 2010 10:19 am

My experiences is after i become a Singapore PR, company want to deduct my Salary for "Employer & Employee Portion of CPF"....

Because the company said... The salary they give it to me without calculated the CPF....

So, If i insist them to submit CPF for me.... they want to deduct my salary....

So finally, i resign...

Singapore a lot of this kind of company, so beware of your employment agreement term....

:mad:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 03 Dec 2010 1:46 pm

That normally only happens to people who just sign anything put in front of them without fully reading or understanding it. If the HR of a company tries to push you into signing without giving you the time to read and digest all that is in the contract then you'd best not sign it.

A lot of companies pay foreigner on local rates around 14% more salary so that the are still receiving the same as their local counterparts (the salary plus the employers contributions to CPF. Naturally, if or when you take up PR, then you are no longer a foreigner but a PR and you contract would normally be renegotiated due to the CPF loading.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Ecchi

Post by Ecchi » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:30 am

But, the problem is not every company will give foreigner the good salary package (which what you said 14% add on)...

Besides the CPF issues, the company even try to reduce my friend's salary on the date of contract signing .... the company said my friend not the Singaporean, so they not able to give the salary which both of them agreed in the interview...so they try to cut down my friend pay around 20% .....

My friend no choice.... so she have to accept this "stupid offer" since she already in Singapore and this is the only offer she have it on that time... and all the Working Pass was get ready and approved....

:x

Actually, i got a lot of Others Complaint from My Foreigner Friends... which i can share with your further...All of them from different country, some even graduates from PhD in NUS....

So Foreigner be careful, when you sign the contract in Singapore .... read carefully and ask clearly....may be you can request the HR send you the Contract via email for your understand....before personally come to Singapore for Signing...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 12:51 pm

Ecchi wrote:But, the problem is not every company will give foreigner the good salary package (which what you said 14% add on)...
At the end of the day, who's fault it it? It's the foreigners. Nobody forced you to sign on the dotted line. You ALWAYS have a choice. If you sign it, you made the choice, therefore you have no reason to complain.

Suck it up.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 16 Dec 2010 1:52 pm

True to that. You can always have an option not to sign. When you sign, it already means you AGREE to the terms. If you try to pursue it to court etc, you have no case.

In this world, if you're desperate for something, the other party will have the upper hand :-|