Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
macaronincheeze
Chatter
Chatter

Post by macaronincheeze » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 9:22 pm

Hmd wrote:macaronincheeze - sorry to hear bot ur inflammation. Hope dat all will goes well and u will recover soon O:)

Intially, i intend to do lipo wif Dr. Nara tis week but after seeing my pics, he jez replied dat he cant do it for me as the area is too small... hmm... wonder what he meant.... :???: Anyway, I wud be doing buccal fat removal and rhinoplasty + alarplasty wif another doctor tmrw but the doctor refused to do my eyes saying dat my eyes are ok.. The only set-back is the nurse promised to call me back today to advise on several issues but did not do so. Getting worried and nervous now... ](*,)
Hi HMD, you try to press your fat with your thumb and index finger, if you can pull them out and looks more than 3 inches. Then it will be good for liposuction.

Thanks for the good words for my inflammation. ^^

Hmd

Post by Hmd » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:22 pm

No worries, macaronincheeze. Jez tried ur method and yes, i can pull out >3 inches.. Guess i wud have to look for other doctors bah..

blessedrekyo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blessedrekyo » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:38 pm

macaronincheeze wrote:
Hi I went to TTSH Dr Samuel Ho this morning. he remove the stitches already. and he says it is not infection at that part. he says that is not pus, he says this is inflammation.

but he gave me an open date review, so after my medication, i will have to see how is the inflammation.

I will have to pray hard bah...
Oh thank God the stitches are removed, and also no infection... Glad everything is fine for u, macaronincheeze. :D

How is this Dr. Samuel charges like?

macaronincheeze
Chatter
Chatter

Post by macaronincheeze » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:08 am

blessedrekyo wrote:
macaronincheeze wrote:
Hi I went to TTSH Dr Samuel Ho this morning. he remove the stitches already. and he says it is not infection at that part. he says that is not pus, he says this is inflammation.

but he gave me an open date review, so after my medication, i will have to see how is the inflammation.

Oh thank God the stitches are removed, and also no infection... Glad everything is fine for u, macaronincheeze. :D

Oh his charges is 63 for consultation. medicine is cheap at TTSH.

but he is not the super experience one leh.. even he says he knows about Dr Nara and seen Nara once at a PS conference in Phuket leh... ^^

I really hope the swell and inflammation will subside soon... sob sob...

Ursella

Post by Ursella » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:48 am

Hi all,

I am going to Dr Nara next month for epicanthoplasty and double eyelids surgery. I am also considering to do alarplasty. I have a some questions which I hope someone will be able to help me with...

- Should I book return flight on Tiger Airways?
- It seems like Indra Hotel is nearest to Dr Nara, is it recommended? Or can someone recommends a good hotel which is near his clinic?
- When should I start taking Sinecch? After the surgery or prior to the surgery?
- Should I stay there all the way to take off my stitches? Or should I come back Singapore to remove them? Can someone recommend a good GP or place in Singapore to do that?
- What is the social downtime for the above mentioned procedures? Is 1 week sufficient? When can I start using makeup?
- If I plan to stay at Hat Yai for a week, what can I do there? Or should I travel (how?) to BK for shopping?
- Does Dr Nara practise non incisional rhino or double eyelids technique?
- Any other advices?

Appreciate any help with my questions. Thanks in advance!

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 4:21 am

m3lody wrote:For those who had chin augmentation, how many days did the swollen subside? The dr want to give me schedule during CNY. but I have family gathering in 2 week time after CNY. Do u guys think I have enough time to recover (as of it's not so obivous that I have my chin done)
:oops:
Appreciate any reply..

TIA
chin is not obvious after a week, just seemed like u slimmed down a bit, cos the chin is a bit long, not fully subsided
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 4:21 am

Hmd wrote:No worries, macaronincheeze. Jez tried ur method and yes, i can pull out >3 inches.. Guess i wud have to look for other doctors bah..
pull out fat, not skin wor

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 4:23 am

macaronincheeze wrote:
blessedrekyo wrote:
macaronincheeze wrote:

Oh his charges is 63 for consultation. medicine is cheap at TTSH.

but he is not the super experience one leh.. even he says he knows about Dr Nara and seen Nara once at a PS conference in Phuket leh... ^^

I really hope the swell and inflammation will subside soon... sob sob...
certain GP dun dare touch PS stitches, but by right, they are just normal stitches... guess they kiasi, dun wanna be responsible if anything goes wrong.

i removed mine at GP for $10, another one for $20, cos he gave me some ointment as well

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 4:24 am

Ursella wrote:Hi all,

I am going to Dr Nara next month for epicanthoplasty and double eyelids surgery. I am also considering to do alarplasty. I have a some questions which I hope someone will be able to help me with...

- Should I book return flight on Tiger Airways?
- It seems like Indra Hotel is nearest to Dr Nara, is it recommended? Or can someone recommends a good hotel which is near his clinic?
- When should I start taking Sinecch? After the surgery or prior to the surgery?
- Should I stay there all the way to take off my stitches? Or should I come back Singapore to remove them? Can someone recommend a good GP or place in Singapore to do that?
- What is the social downtime for the above mentioned procedures? Is 1 week sufficient? When can I start using makeup?
- If I plan to stay at Hat Yai for a week, what can I do there? Or should I travel (how?) to BK for shopping?
- Does Dr Nara practise non incisional rhino or double eyelids technique?
- Any other advices?

Appreciate any help with my questions. Thanks in advance!

hmmmmz, all questions that have been answered in recent pages wor

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 4:27 am

moochi wrote:
macaronincheeze wrote:
aadvark wrote: first 2 weeks dun wash face, just use a damp cloth, and a waterless facial foam like ginvera marvel gel etc. always try to avoid direct contact of water with wound
OMG, i didn't know about it lor... OMG gosh...... Then if I start now, not sure whether will it be helpful, OK. Thanks Aadvark for the information, tmw morning I will go there.

Thanks
Oh dear, so sorry to hear you have infection, did you ask for more antibiotics from Nara? I quite kaisu, since i did multiple surgeries while i was there, i ask for 2 packs of antibiotics and 1 pack of painkiller.

Aadvark is rite, do not touch water on the wound. I used baby wetwipes and wipe around my face avoiding the alar area for the 1st few days.

So what's your plan? Maybe you can go to a GP first to treat the infection. After that you can then think about re-doing the dimple.

Take care!
to be kiasu, u can purchase extra course of antibiotics from any pharmacy in thailand. just tell them u did plastic surgery, and the pharmacist will sell u an extra course. cheap some more. useful tip next time everyone goes for PS in thailand

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 4:30 am

hellosunshine wrote:
aadvark wrote:
blessedrekyo wrote: Thank u both so much for d infos. :D
macaronincheeze, u no anyhow la, u also correct le.... :lol:

Hi aadvark, may I ask are alar & tipoplasty consider big surgery? I mean do they leave behind long time swelling and bruises? Or which is the less swelling & bruises op?
Or I shld ask which is the less cut on the nose, maybe just injection to make the nose tip (btwn the 2 nostrils) nicer? :lol:

Cos I'm working in d front line industry and can't afford to hv obvious swelling & bruise on my face if need longer downtime.

Hope to hear ur advice. Thanks. :wink:
alarplasty is quite simple, swelling goes away around 1 week plus, not obvious at all

tipoplasty is rarely done in Thailand. when tipoplasty is done, it requires open nose surgery which is more major and longer downtime.

what is more common is the L-shaped implant, which both raises the bridge and extends the tip to make it look sharper. this is closed surgery, so downtime much shorter. obvious swelling goes away in a week plus.

but of cos, after every op, it tends to look a little unnatural at the start due to micro-swelling, so ur bridge altho not swollen will look too high at the start, so I usu recommend to hide it with glasses first, till the 3-month mark.

also, how much the L-shaped implant can extend your tip is also dependent on the thickness of your skin, people with thick skin can extend more; pple with thin skin less, cos if thin skin and too much extension, will cause extrusion. so i hope you're thick-skinned! :D

well, if ur bridge is already high enough, you can use fillers for your tip. I recommend to try with non-permanent fillers first, before you attempt with permanent fillers. if u jump straight in with permanent and dun like the effect, it's gonna be tough removing it
Hi aadvark or anyone who has done alar + rhino + double eyelid... After 6 days is it still obvious you had PS done to ur face? I'm coming back to SG during new year period, alot of activities must show face >.<
for everyone who is concerned abt swelling, generally, any op will cause abt 10 days of obvious swelling. For every extra op u do at same time, add a few more days. So to ur qtn, yes, it might still be pretty obvious, especially eyelids take a while to look natural even without swelling

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 4:32 am

aadvark wrote:
Hmd wrote:No worries, macaronincheeze. Jez tried ur method and yes, i can pull out >3 inches.. Guess i wud have to look for other doctors bah..
pull out fat, not skin wor
if it's not enuff fat, have ur tried RF slimming in SG, suppose to see obvious results quite fast, then no need fly abroad to do lipo, not so invasive as well

elyss0n

Post by elyss0n » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:35 am

m3lody wrote:For those who had chin augmentation, how many days did the swollen subside? The dr want to give me schedule during CNY. but I have family gathering in 2 week time after CNY. Do u guys think I have enough time to recover (as of it's not so obivous that I have my chin done)
:oops:
Appreciate any reply..

TIA
Hi there,

I met this M'sian lady during my trip to Hatyai and saw her before and after her chin augmentation. I don't see any swelling on her face anywhere when I saw her the very next day. Maybe slight aching at the area? Not very sure coz I never see her again.

Cheers

Ursella

Post by Ursella » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:12 pm

aadvark wrote: hmmmmz, all questions that have been answered in recent pages wor
Hi aadvark! I am sorry for repeating the questions, some questions have different answers to them so I thought I could just confirm. My first time flying to Thailand and also the first time going for plastic surgery, pardon me.

gordiansknot

Post by gordiansknot » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 2:25 pm

hi all,
i had my rhino done last year with dr putt and now i am facing extrusion of the implant, are there any hospitals in singapore that does removal of the implant, do appreciate your replies.
thanks in advance!