Singapore Expats

plastic surgery for ice prick scar

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
kurty

plastic surgery for ice prick scar

Post by kurty » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 4:20 am

hi, newbie here.

would like to seek some advise on the following:

suffered bad acne scarring for more than 15 yrs, tried numerous treatments such as Er Yag, fractional laser, subcision, AHA, derma and watever you named it, i done it before..

had no other alternative than to look into plastic surgery options.
was told by a doctor that a process call z-plasty could help in my case.
the fee done in SG is around 5k, downtime is about a week.

Money wise, i already spend tons of money on the initial, what hurts the most was the tarnished of hopes..
I'm not a higher earner, just an average income.

This doc told me that it would be cheaper if i were to go to his clinic in manila, around half of 5k.

thus here i am, seeking some advises if anyone has a similar case like mine.
as i search most of the plastic surgery was into nose, chin or lipo job.
none is like facial restructure.

please enlighten

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:44 am

What's an "ice prick scar"? Is that what you get after being buggered by a gay eskimo? :???:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kurty

Post by kurty » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:57 pm

its not funny.. you can easily goggle on that explanation

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 1:04 pm

Did you see this? :lol: or this? :???: In my post? Or are you using a browser that doesn't support emoticon?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

Re: plastic surgery for ice prick scar

Post by terrie35 » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 7:43 pm

kurty wrote:hi, newbie here.

would like to seek some advise on the following:

suffered bad acne scarring for more than 15 yrs, tried numerous treatments such as Er Yag, fractional laser, subcision, AHA, derma and watever you named it, i done it before..

had no other alternative than to look into plastic surgery options.
was told by a doctor that a process call z-plasty could help in my case.
the fee done in SG is around 5k, downtime is about a week.

Money wise, i already spend tons of money on the initial, what hurts the most was the tarnished of hopes..
I'm not a higher earner, just an average income.

This doc told me that it would be cheaper if i were to go to his clinic in manila, around half of 5k.

thus here i am, seeking some advises if anyone has a similar case like mine.
as i search most of the plastic surgery was into nose, chin or lipo job.
none is like facial restructure.

please enlighten

Just read your posting - I understand your frustration - I thought subcision is fine for such. What did this manila doc recommend then?

You have tried dermabrasion?

kurty

Post by kurty » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:46 am

the doctor told me my case is not suitable for any plastic yet..

currently, under going session of fraxel restore, this friday going for pixel.
hopefully it works

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

pixel

Post by terrie35 » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 6:44 pm

So far, how many sessions have you done? Any improvement?

kurty

Post by kurty » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 6:51 pm

i only did one session of fraxel restore. this thursday will be pixel.

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

Post by terrie35 » Wed, 15 Dec 2010 4:40 am

Have you found out if these make your skin more sensitive? Seems that certain scars can be filled out by fillers or micro droplet silicone injections. For the micro droplet injections, they must be done by a surgeon trained in the skill and he injects the micro droplets of medical silicone around the scar causing collagen to grow.
For fillers, they are better for the flatter scars.

kurty

Post by kurty » Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:23 pm

Have you found out if these make your skin more sensitive? Seems that certain scars can be filled out by fillers or micro droplet silicone injections. For the micro droplet injections, they must be done by a surgeon trained in the skill and he injects the micro droplets of medical silicone around the scar causing collagen to grow.
For fillers, they are better for the flatter scars.
may i ask if this is a permanent process? from what i know it's only temporary relief..

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

scars

Post by terrie35 » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:53 am

For fillers, it is temporary, but for the micro injections, it is permanent it seems.

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

ice pick scars

Post by terrie35 » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:55 am

In the meanwhile, don't dwell too much on the scars, life still goes on...

kurty

Post by kurty » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:07 pm

For fillers, it is temporary, but for the micro injections, it is permanent it seems.
yeah, after i done my first session of pixel laser. i did check with the doctor about filler, he too recommended me in doing it as i got winkles on forehead.. but like you said, filler need to maintenance

overall, i set my priority on the following:
scar, face shape (i have lots of baby fats on my right cheek, making my face uneven), winkles

scars, he mentioned he will be using pixel laser for the long run.
face shape, ulthera, expensive. probably need 2-3 session to get my face in shape.
he did suggest botox and filler to lift my face but as a guy, i'm pretty fine with winkles.

god bless

kurty

Post by kurty » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 10:35 pm

ulthera was not as painless as what they mentioned, its like a rain of heated needles piercing through your skin. the most painful is the last shot, despite i have painkiller, numbing cream plus local.A.
i still could feel the pain.

well, i did not go for botox as i'm pretty fine with the winkles, it's the baby fat that i am more concerned about.

siangal07

Post by siangal07 » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 2:35 pm

Hi, I also have ice pick scar and also box car. my doctor (from alaxis in sg, try google it) use erbium and fraxel, i think its not bad. 6 treatments was 3400 for the whole face, i think quite worth it. I've tried fraxel (2 times), pixel (2times), erbium (2 times), and find erbium most effective. I also tried TCA cross. TCA cross seem effective for ice pick. try google it, there're quite some positives result and also clinical studies also seem to have positives result. very few sg clinic offer tca cross, as it does not earn much money for them and very time comsuming. There's one clinic with tca cross in sg, but I cant find the website anymore. you can buy at home TCA cross kit, but you need to be extremely careful. I also put 0.1% tretinol cream every night and 12% AHA solution every morning, they really treat scars well. (topical items is from maple clinic) They all do well for my scars. But be sure to apply high SPF and PA*** sunblock everday. I have did quite some research and experiment on my scars. I have improve tremendously since the regime and laser and chemical peel treatments. I hope you can benefit too. =)