Singapore Expats

Electric Bicycle

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 9:26 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
dazzlebabe wrote:i find people who ride electric bikes LAZY! Why bother?
So, why ride a motorbike? Or in a car? Or catch a taxi? Or catch a bus? Lazy bums, all of them!
Yep ALL lazy bums! Nice to see people on here all in agreement! :wink:

I have a colleague who rides one of those electric bikes. I'd personally have to be a hell of a lot older to be riding one of those. Ain't no kick in missing out on the exercise!
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 9:41 pm

ozchick wrote:I have a colleague who rides one of those electric bikes. I'd personally have to be a hell of a lot older to be riding one of those. Ain't no kick in missing out on the exercise!
I'm reminded of that old joke that making love to a fat girl is a lot like riding a moped... it's really a lot of fun... you just don't want anybody to see you doing it.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 9:43 pm

:lol: You're hilarious S.E.!!! He he....having a good old chuckle here!
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

longstebe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by longstebe » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 6:41 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
ozchick wrote:I have a colleague who rides one of those electric bikes. I'd personally have to be a hell of a lot older to be riding one of those. Ain't no kick in missing out on the exercise!
I'm reminded of that old joke that making love to a fat girl is a lot like riding a moped... it's really a lot of fun... you just don't want anybody to see you doing it.
Yes but we know thats the nice way of puttting it. :lol:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 8:52 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
dazzlebabe wrote:i find people who ride electric bikes LAZY! Why bother?
So, why ride a motorbike? Or in a car? Or catch a taxi? Or catch a bus? Lazy bums, all of them!
SE rides the hugest motorbike ever, so that makes him the laziest bum of them all! :lol:

lou36e

Post by lou36e » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:28 am

I bought mine from Scootz opposite Queensway. I love it. I use it as a regular bike but put the power assist on for hills so I dont arrive at work sweaty.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 3:03 pm

For all you lazy gits, there is an electric bicycle shop recently opened on the ground floor street facing in Enterprise Hub at Toh Guan Road East (about 10 minute walk from IMM) They also are carrying some folding bicycles as well (non-electric). quite a selection of bikes of the 20" variety up to the 24" variety. For interest, I found out that these are being manufactured locally here in Singapore out on Tractor Road.

Here's another large manufacturers showroom:

http://www.ampvl.com/defaultsg.asp
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers