Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
gg

Post by gg » Thu, 14 Apr 2005 5:04 pm

any malaysian guys out there got invitations yet?

Post by Guest » Thu, 14 Apr 2005 5:53 pm

Anyone recieve invitation today? me also waiting... I think after tomorrow those still waiting will know the answer being shortlisted or not.. :(

Re: sia

Post by Guest » Thu, 14 Apr 2005 6:27 pm

Mark wrote:
latesia wrote:i sent my application late coz sia's inbox was full on 2 apr. so managed to send it on 4 apr instead. think they ignored my application. hmmm...
My girlfriend only managed to send it in on da Monday so I guess they still view your application. :D
you r only comforting me... :)

my faerie

Post by my faerie » Thu, 14 Apr 2005 6:39 pm

i tink no chance already...it's after office hour liao...today is the last day. gotta wait for next round... :(

Post by Guest » Thu, 14 Apr 2005 7:48 pm

Joelyn wrote:Can you guys out there tell me...why so many of you are interested to fly with SIA around the world...where there are so many terrorist attacks nowadays... tsunami waves, earthquakes..chaos... the world is in a mess...arent you guys worried or scared.... so many people still apply.. and get so upset when did not rcv reply! Haiz
hmm lets jus say if u gonna die...u will die...be it on the road, air, sea or in ur sleep:wink: so there's really nothing to worry abot :D

ShiHui

nervous about nxt sat (23/04/05) interview

Post by ShiHui » Thu, 14 Apr 2005 9:01 pm

Hi... everyone.. I am newbie in here.. found this site while searching about SIA. I am invited for this april interview on 23rd 1330hr.. i like to know if there are any one out there on the same date and in the same time as me.. I am really nervous and scared. cos i am rather on the plump size.. so i am afraid they will fail me for that...but i was rather surprised i recieved the shortlisted email... i happen to come across two sia Cabin Crew blogs... they r twins.. graduste at the same time... if those are interested abt wat they really go thru during the interview and in the training u can check out their site.. they have even posted pics from their recent flights... really envy them... but sia Cabin crew for girls must apply red nail polish, red lipsticks and blue eye shadows huh.. bcos that is wat i notices from their graduation photos...this are the two sis site:
http://alariswong.blogspot.com/2004_02_ ... chive.html
http://angelinewong.blogspot.com/2004_0 ... chive.html

ps:how i wish i can be an sia girl...btw congrate to all invited for the interview.. good luck and those who have nt recived theirs.. dont give up ok.. cos even if i fail this round i will try again for the nxt round... and if anyone who dont mind been my friend can add me to msn at [email protected]
Thank You...

ShiHui

nervous about nxt sat (23/04/05) interview

Post by ShiHui » Thu, 14 Apr 2005 9:02 pm

Hi... everyone.. I am newbie in here.. found this site while searching about SIA. I am invited for this april interview on 23rd 1330hr.. i like to know if there are any one out there on the same date and in the same time as me.. I am really nervous and scared. cos i am rather on the plump size.. so i am afraid they will fail me for that...but i was rather surprised i recieved the shortlisted email... i happen to come across two sia Cabin Crew blogs... they r twins.. graduste at the same time... if those are interested abt wat they really go thru during the interview and in the training u can check out their site.. they have even posted pics from their recent flights... really envy them... but sia Cabin crew for girls must apply red nail polish, red lipsticks and blue eye shadows huh.. bcos that is wat i notices from their graduation photos...this are the two sis site:
http://alariswong.blogspot.com/2004_02_ ... chive.html
http://angelinewong.blogspot.com/2004_0 ... chive.html

ps:how i wish i can be an sia girl...btw congrate to all invited for the interview.. good luck and those who have nt recived theirs.. dont give up ok.. cos even if i fail this round i will try again for the nxt round... and if anyone who dont mind been my friend can add me to msn at [email protected]
Thank You...

Post by Guest » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:42 am

Hi! About the skin checks--- do they look at you from a distance away? Or stand directly infront of you and have your hands and neck right before their noses?? Sigh. Was hoping that if I ever get to the Kebaya stage I can try to cover up with concealer..

CuriousCat

Post by CuriousCat » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:56 am

^^V wrote:
CuriousCat wrote:Hi all

I am glad to see that so many of you are so enthu in joining SIA.

I applied and was offered the position of a Flight Stewardess last year. The contract was right in front of me but in the end, I did not take up the offer. I am not trying to be a wet blanket, but I do hope that you girls/guys do give it a very serious thot before you go for the interview.

I remember during the one-to-one round, the interviewer asked me if I am serious abt the job bcos after all, I have a very good degree and that being a flight stewardess is not easy. He even went thru the trouble of giving me a few nasty scenerios that I could encounter while on duty. I assured him that I know what I am doing and I am sure I can do it. But in the end, I did not take up the offer.

One day, I saw the same interviewer while I was shopping and he recongised me! He asked me how's life at the Training Centre but I told him that I did not take up the offer. He looked so disappointed and I felt so bad.

But seriously, there are many factors to consider and I was seriously struggling to make a decision then. I am not stopping anyone from going for the job. Just make sure you discuss with your family and your loved ones before making a decision. And after that, do not look back anymore!

CuriousCat
wat made you changed ur mind?
i received the email on 11th april.
hear my fren told me about the gossiping and backstabbing stuff at sia..
wonder if it happen to all airline or juz sia? :?
Well, I was worried about my career prospects. I thot abt what I could gain from the experience and after weighing all the pros and cons, it seemed like this career path might not suit me.

And then there is the bond to consider as well. In case you din know, the bond is 18mths, excluding 4mths at the Training Centre. Therefore, you are required to serve a 22mths (almost 2 years) bond. It kindda looked a little scary to serve such a long bond. And did I mention the amt of money that one needs to compensate when one breaks the bond? Its quite a fair bit, I tell you.

I have a few frens flying with SIA and I think I shouldnt comment on what I have heard here. But what I can say is that such things are usually inevitable when you have a 90% female working environment. Other industries like the banking sector etc has lotsa females working together as well. The difference is just the extensity of it. My feel is that if such things bother you, then its time to reconsider your options.

^-^V

Post by ^-^V » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:01 am

i understand wat u mean.. when an environment with a lots of girls.. especially competitive girl.. bitching occur.. i hate that too..
but.. other places you will come accross it also. unless u choose a more guy environment.

aloyscious
Regular
Regular

Shorlisting malaysian guys..

Post by aloyscious » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:19 am

I am starting to feel that they are not shorlisting malaysian guys at all :( no more hope...sigh

anxiousguy

SIA Flight Steward Interview

Post by anxiousguy » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:15 am

Any guys here have yet to receive the email from SIA ? I am still waiting...

Leto

Post by Leto » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 3:25 pm

hear my fren told me about the gossiping and backstabbing stuff at sia..
wonder if it happen to all airline or juz sia? :?
i had been flying for more than 7 yrz now.. and i must say that the level of backstabbing (if any) might be lower than a lot of other places.. i should think that office politics would be worse than what we experience on board and in the teams..

actually.. come to think of it.. i dont think i come across any backstabbing while flying..

but dont we all love gossips? look me up when u get to fly and we'll share some stories *grin*

by the way... did u hear abt the fella who.. hmm.. nevermind..

Yee Hui

SQ Flight Stewardess!

Post by Yee Hui » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 3:27 pm

Hi to all who share the same common interest as I do!

I have been flying with SIA for 2 years already. I joined SIA after I gotten my degree.

A word of advice to all newbies and all those who wanted to join SIA... it is indeed not an easy job...and afterall not as Glam as many may think!

I still remember, when I just graduated from my training, and started my flying career, I was made to do many unwanted jobs... like cleaning the toilets... attending to babies... and the new girls are always the first to be activated when on stand-by.. and frequently fly to countries when our senior colleagues wanted to avoid...like China, India.... when there are more difficult people to attend to...

And the politics inside is bad.... serious! I was made to greet every single seniors who i work with... and if i were to miss out 1, my life would not be made easy for that flight!

But I have overcome it...i survive! I survive for my interest! My dream! I am looking towards my promotion in 6 months' time! Wish my luck! I want my green uniform!

Pearlene

Safe Job?

Post by Pearlene » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 3:39 pm

Erm... I heard from my friends that it can be rather dangerous...cos u sleep alone in a hotel room in a country you are not familiar with... and once... my friend's colleague was nearly rape by an Air Steward!

In the middle of the night..my friend's colleague was very tired and wanted an early sleep..then someone knocked on her hotel dorr, she is staying alone... she peeped through the door view hole and saw her familiar colleague, an Air Steward. She opened the door and then she was pushed into her room by that Steward... he tried to force herself on her and was screaming and struggling... lucky a hotel staff came to her rescue.....but she did not want to pursue the matter....

Seems like quite dangerous! Heard also that SQ pilots are very "hum samp"... meaning very touchy towards girls.... is it true....