Singapore Expats

EP Application

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Sunday brunch

EP Application

Post by Sunday brunch » Sun, 05 Dec 2010 11:57 am

Hi everyone.
I am currently applying for EP.
I have a history of one EP rejection, like 3 months ago.
So this is my second attempt. My question is that, does it matter on the EP application if the information is different from a previous entry?
Especially the section where I indicate my past salaries, I realise that I put different information from my previous entry.
Do you reckon this will matter? eg. first application, I put 2500 but then I put 2800 for the current application.

Any answers will be appreciated,

Thank you.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Dec 2010 3:30 pm

As all your application and rejections/approvals/correpondence are kept in a single file using your FIN or passport number, the odds are it will attract attention and they will probably conclude that the latter application is an attempt to influence the MOM into giving you a pass by reporting a higher salary. "IF" you were rejected based on "your" credentials the first time, and not a rejection due to the employer not being able to justify the hiring a foreigner, then I'd say you could most likely look for another rejection. However, there often doesn't seem to be too much rhyme nor reason to some of the approvals & rejections. So I guess you just need to keep your fingers crossed.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 05 Dec 2010 8:05 pm

You should supply documentation proving up the higher salary. I assume you have this documentation?

That will alleviate issues of you inflating your salary in hopes of a better shake of the dice.